• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counter to a camping Lucario

Moo2

Smash Cadet
My friend plays lucario. Well, that is to say, he camps with him.... all the time. The thing is, when i get close enough, he rolls and grabs me. I try approaching with aerials, RAR'd aerials, i try QD. But he simply rolls and grabs me. Or throws his aura ball.

Right now, the only thing i can come up with us QDing a Dsmash to stop his rolling, but he can fire his aura ball to stop me then.

I might be able to try stopping right outside his roll range and grabbing, because he ALWAYS either throws his aura ball or rolls. What do you guys think? How do i stop a camping lucario?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
make feints to make him roll the wrong way. Use a lot of feints to throw him off. if he uses aura ball at close range counter. Don't be counter happy since he loves to grab. Just throw in some SHFF (short hop fast falls) and attack once you hit the ground. He'll think and aerial is coming but you won't do anything. Once he catches on you can mix aerial approaches in. Lucario's moves aren't fast but you're aren't either. Kill him before he gets to 100% otherwise his camping style will be more deadly against you =\. Keep note that lucario will get STRONGER with less lives TOO! if he is behind in lives his aura is boosted even more! So don't think his moves are weak when he respawns from dying if you have a lead.

I don't have much experience against lucario, only a few battles. =\ so my advice may not be great

Oxega

Smash Rookie
First approach with fairs for it is a way better approach than RAR bair which is crap compared to it, double jump or full jump aerials and backflip fairs for def. and nairs too but DI backwards after the attack has finished and use the nair to counter rolls. Shorthop then jump again to fake him out when he tries to grab and stop QD it is easily stopped and punished by a roll, dodge, sheild or Aura sphere So run and powershield his Aura sphere and shorthop to him, he will likely roll so use your second jump and jump in direction he heads and use an aerial.

Top Bottom