• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countdown Crash Freeze Issuse

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Erm. This is my 3rd time downloading PM and I have gotten the same result each time

This most recent time I
  • downloaded PM from windows this time instead of my Mac
  • Used the installer
  • Used a new/fresh 2GB SD Card
  • Installer said download was complete

Game loads, I got to fight and select my characters and
Countdown 3-2-1 Freeze. Just like before :mad:

I'm at a loss at this point. I don't know what I could do any better.

Every attempt ends in my wii freezing/crashing/buzzing after the 3-2-1 countdown every time

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, that's exactly what I did, and mine's fine. Are you sure you used the right set? I used the Hackless Wii ZIP (Full Set). (This set doesn't work online.) That's all I know, sorry if it doesn't help!

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I recommend reformatting your SD Card and then trying the install/download again.
I've been trying that. Apparently the two SD cards I bought have some sort of issuse. The card/switch is unlocked and it is claiming to be write protected. So I can't format the card. I'm gonna keep trying to remove the write protection. That's the only direction I can go in.

But assuming I can redownload the files, that shouldn't help since I'm just downloading the same files again.

But if I can even get that far I'll try again...

And yeah Yeerk that's what I used too.

:/ The worst part is is that there is nothing complicated about this. It's inexplicable.

Magus420

Smash Master
It really sounds like it is the reader that is the problem if you've tried 2 cards. I've used a reader that would often have that error before, while my new one only gets that if I'm dumb and don't push the card all the way in or something (possibly the other simply had a bad connector and it was the same cause).

DemonPants

Smash Rookie
I'm also having this problem. I'm using the hacked Wii method of Gecko OS to launch the game. Everything works fine until I start a battle. I've been changing the rules to 3 stock, no score display, no items (both turning them all off and setting the frequency to none). I also have been trying to play as Zero Suit Samus with three cpus as random characters at level 5. I've been trying to play on Battlefield. Once the countdown at the beginning gets to the fight mark the game freezes. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also the menus don't always use the Project M versions. Sometimes I get the Project menus and sometimes I get the regular Brawl menus.Also I am using a 2GB micro SD with SD card Adapter. It's a PNY card if that means anything.

Edit: I got the game to launch, but now I have another problem. I will post a new topic if necessary.

Bu$

HoC
Hey guys i currently have the same problem. I can pick characters and stage but after the countdown it freezez on me. I'm using the hacked version cause i have a PAL wii. Could there be something wrong with the files i downloaded??

Bu$

HoC
Don't know what you mean by de fragging but i have formatted my SD a number of times. The brawl iso runs perfectly fine with nothing going wrong. But yeah any time i try to run project M it doesn't work and all the menus/selection screens seem to be like normal brawl. Making me so mad :/

Top Bottom