• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could someone explain the button combination here?

Turmateniri

Smash Rookie
gfycat.com/ConcretePitifulDove

Watching this on the smashgifs reddit when i saw the basic falcon skin dash right, dash left, and then seemingly magically fall off the edge still facing left, but it doesn't... look... like a wavedash. Looks like he's in the dash, just moving right. Or am i just crazy? Please explain? I main CF and would love to know how this occurs.

(btw -- Very new to the competitive scene, forgive my not knowing. Thank you!)

AirFair

Marth tho
It's called a Moonwalk, where you execute the dash in one direction, and then quickly move the control stick in a quarter circle from the bottom to the opposite direction (in this case, right), making the dash look like what it did in the gif. It's a stylish skill to learn, but it takes practice. Here's a link to a help thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/capt...eset-frame-data-and-moonwalking-guide.222781/
great basic Falcon guide, with a complete moonwalk compendium included.

Have fun practicing! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom