• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could it be a new AT?

siqmonkey

Smash Apprentice
this time is me and FallingTwilight(Dusk) demonstrating a dash sliding b-move. Here is how is done. you do your regular dash then quickly let go of your control/joy stick so it can go to its neutral position. then use your regular b move and you will get a sliding b attack. we have ony tested this wih Marth and Ike so far. If this has been discovered then oh well i didn't know. best demonstrated with Ike.

Here's the vid. (B-Sliding)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf73EvAceRk

Bud

Smash Journeyman
if this is new, then AT's are being discovered every day. Things are looking hopeful. If this can be done with say wolf (replace with many char)... can you smash after the projectile, hinting at- approach camper, slide lazer, fsmash/ or grab(if they have shield up for projectile)./ that is just one possibility of many. If its new then good find.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Not really an advanced technique so much as an obvious property of the game physics. Not terribly useful nor new. Good try though.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
^ not useful, your just being negative aren't you. Sliding while doing a b move does open up possibilities for many characters, explain how its not useful. I bet you think being able to u smash out of dash is useless also.

Doval

Smash Lord
It's mildly useful. I wouldn't call it an Advanced Tech; there's hardly anything advanced about it. But kudos to sigmonkey for putting 2 and 2 together and letting the community know, it certainly didn't occur to me.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Even if it's not a new technique, it's still something useful. As demonstrated by me as Ike, it makes it easier to target someone on the edge.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
Is wave dashing an advanced tech? Its not that hard to hit the button sequence and perform a wavedash, yes hard to do correctly against a pro, but whos to say that b move does't fit into that category. It could be an AT if it links combos or has some time of "advanced" significance. (advanced meaning hard to perform). And I know I didn't think of doing this, nice post monkey.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've been doing this since I got the game, lol. It's just the ability to do neutral B directly from a dash.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I said it wasn't terribly useful. Meaning it can be useful in some occasions but it's not going to revolutionize your game or anything. And pretty much common sense. Sorry you're so attached to this one Bud.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't really need "discovered," frankly. Allow me to direct your attention to ye olde "sunwalking" thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161031&highlight=sunwalking

Every reason why this does not need a specific name is detailed quite well in this thread. "Sunwalking," as its "discoverer" wanted to call it, was simply a sliding Ftilt. Here's the thing. Brawl is very slide-y. Compared to Melee, it is much more slide-y. But that's simply the new game engine. It's not a quirk or something special, it simply is. That's one of the ways Brawl is different from Melee.

You can a whooooole buncha moves while sliding, but as was explained thoroughly to "sunwalking" 's author, there's no reason to name any of them. We don't need to designate sliding Ftilts, sliding Utilts, sliding neutral specials, sliding Dtilts, sliding Usmash, etc etc etc. We just know they're there, because Brawl allows you to slide much more easily. We don't need to give each of them a unique name, because.. none of them is any different, at all, in terms of mechanics, from simply doing the move. All "Sunwalking" was was an Ftilt in a particular circumstance. This is just a neutral B in a particular circumstance.

No this isn't worthless. No this doesn't blow. I'm not attacking anyone. It's just unremarkable. It's simply a feature of the Brawl physics engine, one that every player should've been able to notice on their own easily.

Thanks for contributing, though, and happy Brawling.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
It's a great observation, even if you don't accept it as a tech. Usually, people don't use marth's(I'm just talking about his cause it has a very nice range horizontally and it's less used) shield breaker in rounds from what I know of. But using this could throw people's perception of the range and time it takes to do a bit out. When you watch it, it just FEELS faster than a normal shield breaker.

I'll def. try and incorporate this into my play =D Thanks!

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
couldn't it "sunwalking" and all this go under momentum attack as a general catagory?
this does sound rather useful to Ike though

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
They'll go under the "basic moves" category. It's just a neutral B, just like "sunwalking" was just a Ftilt. Doing a basic move in a different environment (Brawl, vs. Melee) does not change the fact that you're doing a basic move. We don't have a specific name for neutral B's on ice, or neutral B's on grass, or neutral B's in standing water. They're just all neutral B's.

Top Bottom