• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COT4 Results as I get them (COMPLETE TOP 8 RESULTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still don't know what the thing is with Sonics and dtilt. >_>

I have heard the phrase "so-and-so beats Sonic because he has Dtilt" though

Browny

Smash Hater
I still don't know what the thing is with Sonics and dtilt. >_>

I have heard the phrase "so-and-so beats Sonic because he has Dtilt" though
Sonic ONLY approach is an uncharged side b. As long as the enemy stand still and does a dtilt, timed correctly, Sonic can not touch them and all his approach options are completely shut down, hes forced to go on the defensive

pockyD

Smash Legend
hasn't that been known since day 1?

people have been doing this and similar things to stop jigglypuff's rollout in melee since like 2003

gooooood stuff brawl community and your "discoveries"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Apparently not, seeing as how Sonic still leaves a dent on the tourney scene.

People for whatever reason don't learn how to play DTilt, therefore he is still a tourney-viable character.

We've been trying to spread the good word that OS gave to us, but it had little success. :(

Browny

Smash Hater
lmao at pocky thinking this is serious ahahaha

anyway back to CoT4 stuffs... did Lee use lucario? idk i cant hear teh stream :<

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
meh, I didn't know Sonic's only approach was Side B. Sonics I've seen always seem to use Down B...

*shrug*

so, how 'bout that commentary?

edit: oh wait, sarcasm is possible on the internet.
>_________>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
make sure any and all discussion about the tournament stays in this thread and you dont make more threads about it.

this is obviously a ridiculously horrible situation, but we should keep the boards clean. results as you get them is already here, this can be discussion. obviously there will be an official results thread posted by someone there when everything is all over, posted in the tournament results board, and you can use this and/or the tournament thread for discussion about any events or individuals.

melee v. brawl shouldn't be discussed... there were mishaps with melee tournaments, as people have cited manacloud/OC3...

no region is bad at running tournaments. there are events that flop, but each region has great tournaments that they run and great people who run them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
WILL there "obviously" be a results thread?

when the TO pulls stuff like this and fails this bad, can you really trust them to do anything that a good TO normally does?

D

Deleted member

hasn't that been known since day 1?

people have been doing this and similar things to stop jigglypuff's rollout in melee since like 2003

gooooood stuff brawl community and your "discoveries"
The point was that it was sarcasm, making fun of dumb things like "dtilt beats all of sonics approaches". They werent being serious.
Please dont brawl bash XD

pockyD

Smash Legend
i like the game itself (of brawl)

the community, on the other hand, is responsible for all sorts of non-"discoveries", and stupid things like supposedly rioting at an awful tournament, and running an awful tournament to begin with :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
WILL there "obviously" be a results thread?

when the TO pulls stuff like this and fails this bad, can you really trust them to do anything that a good TO normally does?
if an official results thread isn't made by the tournament organizer after everything is settled, then you can count on one of the high profile participants to make one... if it doesn't get settled and information isn't made known, im sure someone there will gather together the list and try to get the bracket images up. chu, azen, samurai panda, hylian, all kind of responsible people who are about the game are there. if the TO doesnt make it, one of them will. just keep discussion in this thread for now, there is no need to make threads about individual people.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Infinity beat HRNUT 2-0, Anther is up vs Teh Spammer

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Lol!

After all teh_spammerer's talk about how he can just beat anyone by camping and running out the clock: he just lost to Anther running out the clock.

That's so satisfying to hear.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
didnt HrNut won the set??? its on the first post so im assuming thats coreect

he lost to Judge going snake.. close matches >.< praying for HrNut to keep representing!!!

:bee:
They played in Loser's Bracket and apparently Infinity won. 2-0 against him.

He also just 2-0'd Neo, JV 3 stock first match.

Edit: Looks like Anther will 2-0 Teh Spammer

-!-

Smash Lord
They played in Loser's Bracket and apparently Infinity won. 2-0 against him.

He also just 2-0'd Neo, JV 3 stock first match.
Crap i guess the guys on the live stream dont know whats going on i heard them say he HrNut was still in a couple times now... what place did he got now that hes out???

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Whew, crazy weekend... ^^;

I notice the list of teams that made it into doubles is not complete... I remember a team that made it into brackets that's not listed - NEO and HAT... if that's of any help.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Crap i guess the guys on the live stream dont know whats going on i heard them say he HrNut was still in a couple times now... what place did he got now that hes out???
IDK, they said Reflex got 9th, so IDK maybe he got either 9th or 7th or maybe 13th.

Anther is 1-1 with Spammer

-!-

Smash Lord
Damm i wish i could of skiped work.. at least im hearing the tourney though it would be so sweet to see it as well.. gotta wake up in a few hrs to go to work again:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom