• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, Conquest Chapter 25 is a nightmare on Hard Mode. Rather than having to take out either Saizo or Kagero, I have to take out both Saizo and Kagero. On Kagero's side, there's a narrow walkway with a room full of master ninjas on each side. I tried to place beastrune Keaton there, but the ninjas ate away at his health with poison damage enough for a Master of Arms to finish the job.

This is gonna be fun.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Well, Conquest Chapter 25 is a nightmare on Hard Mode. Rather than having to take out either Saizo or Kagero, I have to take out both Saizo and Kagero. On Kagero's side, there's a narrow walkway with a room full of master ninjas on each side. I tried to place beastrune Keaton there, but the ninjas ate away at his health with poison damage enough for a Master of Arms to finish the job.

This is gonna be fun.
I invested speed into my avatar, so after draconic hex and after using a speed tonic my avatar (Seriously, Tonics are a godsend on higher difficulties, they're dirt cheap and they can make a frail unit able to take a few hits and can make the difference between doubling and crit rates) , he could do follow up attacks on Ryoma, After Ryoma got two crits in a row on my avatar. My avatar then activated dragon lunge and got a critical hit... The rest was history.

What stats did you invest into your Avatar?

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I invested speed into my avatar, so after draconic hex and after using a speed tonic my avatar (Seriously, Tonics are a godsend on higher difficulties, they're dirt cheap and they can make a frail unit able to take a few hits and can make the difference between doubling and crit rates) , he could do follow up attacks on Ryoma, After Ryoma got two crits in a row on my avatar. My avatar then activated dragon lunge and got a critical hit... The rest was history.

I'll be investing in speed mostly because I like putting traits I have IRL into my avatar (cus I run track IRL)

Arrei

Smash Lord

This is gonna be fun.
You actually have time to send your entire army down one path, defeat the midboss, then go back down the other path. However, the real goal is the treasure chests - one contains 10000G, and the other contains the only Silence staff obtainable in Conquest, which will come in handy against Iago who is now wielding a tome with high crit, and against a Maid and Great Master packing Freeze and Hexing on the Endgame chapter. I actually had to stop attacking Ryoma and let him heal, because I'd gotten to the point where an (un)lucky Astra or Dragon Fang proc would kill him before I was ready. In the end, I ended up taking him out without any aid from the rest of my army.

For the hallway of death, have a unit attack the Master of Arms blocking the path, then have Xander Shelter them so they're out of harm's way from the ninjas packing Spy's Shurikens. Once the Masters are gone you should be able to break into the right room and wipe them out.

And yes, use tonics. They are a HUGE help for those last few chapters. It let my +Spd/-Luck Hero Corrin double Ryoma.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I tried Conquest Chapter 10. Hard. I had done well so far and it was at Turn 9 WHEN AN ONI SAVAGE CRITS ON ME WITH 2%!!!!!!:mad:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
High magic, low luck. It makes my avatar make great use of tombs as a Nohr Noble. I don't have enough speed to reliably hit Ryoma or to even aboid being doubled by him, but I'll definitely take your advice and stock up on tonics. I always forget that those things exist.
You actually have time to send your entire army down one path, defeat the midboss, then go back down the other path. However, the real goal is the treasure chests - one contains 10000G, and the other contains the only Silence staff obtainable in Conquest, which will come in handy against Iago who is now wielding a tome with high crit, and against a Maid and Great Master packing Freeze and Hexing on the Endgame chapter.
Oh yeah, definitely. No treasure chest left behind.
For the hallway of death, have a unit attack the Master of Arms blocking the path, then have Xander Shelter them so they're out of harm's way from the ninjas packing Spy's Shurikens. Once the Masters are gone you should be able to break into the right room and wipe them out.\
I always forget that the shelter command is a thing to. I'll definitely keep this tip in mind.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Really weren't kidding about the unit imbalance here. Chapter 15, you get a level 9 Dark Mage Nyx, and... level 10 Adventurer Shura. Not even the level 2 version of Shura you get in Conquest, but the one that joins all the way in Ch. 22 of Birthright. It's still a small complaint, sure, but it just boggles the mind, yknow?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Gee, Conquest Chapter 15 wasn't so surprisingly bad and I had no problems with the next chapter either. I can only wish it wouldn't be that much of a pain as I continue on towards the end.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally beat the dreaded Chapter 10 of Conquest today... without losing a single unit. Man, changing Felicia into a Strategist was an absolute godsend, and so were my Effie+Arthur and Camilla+Beruka pair ups. On the final turn, I had most units fall back except for my Arthur+Effie and Silas+myself teams, and they were able to tank up the hits from the remaining Archers and Oni Savages to pull off the win. I actually did a happy dance upon finishing such a hard chapter, but I gotta admit that it was fun too, especially with the music playing in the background that really added to the atmosphere going on

And to think this is just Chapter 10 and that there'll be more difficult chapters to come... it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I finally beat the dreaded Chapter 10 of Conquest today... without losing a single unit. Man, changing Felicia into a Strategist was an absolute godsend, and so were my Effie+Arthur and Camilla+Beruka pair ups. On the final turn, I had most units fall back except for my Arthur+Effie and Silas+myself teams, and they were able to tank up the hits from the remaining Archers and Oni Savages to pull off the win. I actually did a happy dance upon finishing such a hard chapter, but I gotta admit that it was fun too, especially with the music playing in the background that really added to the atmosphere going on

And to think this is just Chapter 10 and that there'll be more difficult chapters to come... it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.
Good job! Meanwhile, I just got to the 11th turn and I just need the enemy phrase but then Camilla died. Send help.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Pro tip for Revelation Ch.13: Don't use the Dragon's Vein. It does more harm than help.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Ah yes, conquest chapter 10. I remember on my first playthrough (on hard mode) it took me two days to beat it. In my lunatic playthrough that I started a few days ago, I managed to beat it on my first try with my only casualties being a generic archer and a generic spear fighter, both of which I captured in chapter 9. Tonics are a godsend on hardmode as I said earlier, Camilla is amazing, Corrin is amazing because he will most likely one round ko each of the oni savages, and the Effie x Silas pairing is amazing. The last couple of turns are stressful has hell, a whole bunch of reinforcements spawn, and they all start charging at you, including Oboro and Hinata, (on lunatic they both have the movement +1 skill, so avoiding confrontation with them is impossible).

Nah

Smash Champion
man why's boo camp gotta be like this

I just want some quick and easy exp :c

Arrei

Smash Lord
Pro tip for Revelation Ch.13: Don't use the Dragon's Vein. It does more harm than help.
That's assuming you're able to clear away the big stubborn obstacles named Ryoma and Xander sitting in your way.

Well, that's annoying. The boss of Revelation 15 killed himself on Nyx's Countercurse ability, only to reveal that you don't get EXP for counter kills. Baaaahhhh.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That's assuming you're able to clear away the big stubborn obstacles named Ryoma and Xander sitting in your way.
Its easier to take out Xander than Ryoma. Because Ryoma is going to be supported by Scarlet no matter what while Xander is by himself. In general, its easier to just avoid the Hoshido side of the map and just fight the Nohrians.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, I wiped out the entire map before taking out the boss, so yeah. But who's Scarlet? Oh, you meant "Free Takumi EXP". :D

But even without Scarlet Ryoma's annoying as heck to take down. I'd reclassed Jakob into a Great Knight by then, so Sakura was my only healer, making it so I could only deal damage on the enemy phase... and of course Ryoma has Duelist's Blow.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh, I could use some level grinding before Conquest Chapter 18, but the Boo Camp DLC is just ridiculous it seems impossible.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just beat Chapter 11 of Conquest. Duable map overall; I decided to avoid using Camilla, Silas, and Felicia for this chapter in order to focus on grinding my other units after Chapter 10 didn't really give me a chance to do so. Only annoying part was Azama using the Hexing Rod on two of my units. Taking out Hinoka wasn't too annoying either (got lucky with getting hits). I even managed to have Arthur land the final blow!

Looking back, I realized I forgot to to visit the second treasure treasure chest in Kaze's room. I also think I could've just rushed in all my units into one room and proceed from there; I ended up splitting my units in half much like I did in Birthright, and in this version, it felt a bit more annoying considering Elise was my only Healer and I had to wait out several turns just for her to reach the room where units needed healing.

Oh yeah, Arthur and Effie became my first S-Support pair-up in Conquest!

Honestly though, Corrin's and Hinoka's dialogue really pained me. She senses Corrin's sadness of having to fight his Hoshido older sister, or to quote what she said, "I can ready your sad eyes like a book." She still considers Corrin to be her younger sibling despite the big decision, so it seems like she still cares very much for Corrin.

It kind of hits me in the feels just thinking about it, especially when thinking about her interaction when she ran into you in Chapter 4 and Birthright's ending cutscene.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm still having a hard time on who and who to give my S supports to in Conquest. Currently, only Arthur and Effie are the only ones with the S support (though not officially). Here's what I have in mind, besides the two mentioned above:

My avatar x Selena
Camilla x Jakob
Xander x Nyx
Leo x Charlotte
Odin x Beruka
Laslow x Azura
Kaze x Felicia
Niles x Peri
Silas x Elise

So, there you have it. Still trying to make this official.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
The only S's I had by the end were Corrin x Charlotte, Xander x Mozu, Keaton x Camilla, and Odin x Felicia - and out of those Odin wasn't even an active member of my army. There just aren't enough resources to aim for the children without abusing DLC maps.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm convinced that hit percentages are intentionally perventing me from beating Conquest Chapter 10 Hard Mode. Numerous times I've missed some much needed hits/kills on some (normally) very reliable percentages.

How the flying H do you miss twice, in a row, with an 82% chance of success???

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
These days I was extremely busy so I didn't have the time even for reading the forum, but now I'm back!

Looks like the majority of you are already playing Revelations, meanwhile here I just impatiently waiting for the limited edition's preorders to starts, even if it seems to cost 99€ (~110$), and that's a lot more of what I want to spend for it :/

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, I could use some level grinding before Conquest Chapter 18, but the Boo Camp DLC is just ridiculous it seems impossible.
Chapter 18 is where I'm at too. And why I decided to get Boo Camp. All the units there are promoted ones, so it looks like from now on it's gonna be that way. Most of my units are unpromoted ones so I guess I fell behind on leveling.

Boo Camp is kinda jarring coming off of Awakening's EXPonential Growth. Instead of the super weak enemies running at you, they now run away from you, aren't always uber-weak, and even sometimes try to kill you. And they have randomly spawning reinforcements. Out of the 3 times I've attempted it, I've only cleared it once. It's like how exactly am I supposed to tackle this map?

I just need some of my people to get to level 20 so they can promote, I don't even plan to abuse it like in Awakening Nintendo :(

I'm convinced that hit percentages are intentionally perventing me from beating Conquest Chapter 10 Hard Mode. Numerous times I've missed some much needed hits/kills on some (normally) very reliable percentages.

How the flying H do you miss twice, in a row, with an 82% chance of success???
Sometimes I think that the game lies to you about the hit %s or something. I've had more 80s and 90s (both from my units and enemy units) miss more than I think they should....

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Chapter 18 is where I'm at too. And why I decided to get Boo Camp. All the units there are promoted ones, so it looks like from now on it's gonna be that way. Most of my units are unpromoted ones so I guess I fell behind on leveling.

Boo Camp is kinda jarring coming off of Awakening's EXPonential Growth. Instead of the super weak enemies running at you, they now run away from you, aren't always uber-weak, and even sometimes try to kill you. And they have randomly spawning reinforcements. Out of the 3 times I've attempted it, I've only cleared it once. It's like how exactly am I supposed to tackle this map?

I just need some of my people to get to level 20 so they can promote, I don't even plan to abuse it like in Awakening Nintendo
I know exactly how you feel...

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Chapter 18 is the one where you have to take out both bosses with a time limit right?
Am I the only one that didn't find that one all that difficult? Most of my units were unpromoted paired up with someone who was promoted. Though I didn't really have all that much trouble, then again, I used the hell out of Keaton, Xander, and Camilla.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
the Boo Camp DLC is just ridiculous it seems impossible.
The way Boo Camp works is that the enemies get harder the more you progress into the story.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The way Boo Camp works is that the enemies get harder the more you progress into the story.
I seemed to have noticed that from the second time played through that one. It's like, man they really don't want me to work hard and get those extra EXP...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sometimes I think that the game lies to you about the hit %s or something. I've had more 80s and 90s (both from my units and enemy units) miss more than I think they should....
Funny you mention that, because they DO lie to you. They aren't actual hit percents. Those are just the numbers they run through a formula.

The funny thing is that this formula actually exaggerates the hit rate. If you've got a hit or 15, you actually have under a 5% chance to hit. And if you have a hit of 90, you actually have roughly a 98% chance to hit. So by all means, when you miss that attack with a hit of 90, the RNG is actually trolling you even harder than you'd think otherwise.

...Well, the true hit formula may of changed, since I got these numbers from an outdated source, but I do know that True Hit is still in Fates in some form.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Revelation Ch.17 isn't that hard, it's just that if you fail, you have to start over from Ch.16 because your not allowed to save between Ch.16 and Ch.17. So, time to grind Ike. And a few more of my units. At least Ch.16 is simple because all you have to do is kill the boss and Ryoma is directly across the map from Hans.

Nah

Smash Champion
Funny you mention that, because they DO lie to you. They aren't actual hit percents. Those are just the numbers they run through a formula.

The funny thing is that this formula actually exaggerates the hit rate. If you've got a hit or 15, you actually have under a 5% chance to hit. And if you have a hit of 90, you actually have roughly a 98% chance to hit. So by all means, when you miss that attack with a hit of 90, the RNG is actually trolling you even harder than you'd think otherwise.

...Well, the true hit formula may of changed, since I got these numbers from an outdated source, but I do know that True Hit is still in Fates in some form.
why would they do that though?

why not just display the actual hit percent number like does IS want to troll us or something

Arrei

Smash Lord
True Hit may or may not still be in there, but it was in there to work for the player, not against - The way it works is each hit chance is rolled twice then averaged, so higher hit rates are usually higher than they actually are and the opposite is true for lower hit, and since players usually have high hit and enemies have low hit, it keeps us landing and avoiding more hits.

That said, personally I've seen a lot more low hit attacks land than they did in the past, so maybe it's been nerfed?

Last edited:

DCS Naga

Smash Rookie
NNID
DCG_Naga
Just as the title says, the one, the only, it's me, Naga!

Hailing from Louisville KY and the Bourbon State Smash Scene, I'm here to share with you guys my journey to becoming a great smash player.

I am starting to post to a youtube channel because why not? I invite any and all to come watch me, tell me i'm trash, and to "git gud"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4lPhxW3yAfMMmCuNE5y38g

I hope you guys enjoy watching the struggle as I try to master the Ins and Outs of Corrin. I personally love the character and it feels completely natural to play HER. (male corrin sux) #pinkhairwaifu

PS: I also may upload some splatoon content in the future

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
This most likely doesn't warrant a new thread. Likely a mod will come by and move this to the correct thread

Nice to meet you though. Congrats on your first post

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I'm still stuck on Conquest Ch.23. If i fail three more times, i'm lowering the difficulty to normal. I want to finish Conquest before i play Revelation tomorrow.

Ok good. Like i aid before, i was judging him based off his Conquest appearance and a friend's opinion. Glad to know i'll be able to like him (although i'm still not recruiting Rahjat).
Besides, from what I've heard, Hayato is in the lead on many polls on which Fates male is the most likely to die alone. Unless you have a Cornsexual in mind.

Also, I beat up Chapter 19 of Conquest.

Kaden should figure out how to 20XX, I guess. Now, he's a kitsuneburger that last I heard, is in Keaton's stomach, I think.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was so close to beating Chapter 26 on Conquest Hard Mode when I had my avatar attack a general with a tome. I mean, that's always what you do to generals, right?

Well nope, it had Countermagic and it killed me. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times a seemingly smart move had resulted in a death because of Counter, Countermagic or Vantage. The game should warn you about skills before you initiate combat.

Top Bottom