• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No one is allowed to leave. Even if we all turn out to be wrong and Corrin is bidoof-tier, no one leaves.

It'd be too sad to see this beautiful thread fall apart.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So sometime today Corrin and that other person becomes available to buy. I'll be sure to come back here to share my views on the character. If all goes well I might add him to my lineup. Though as (apparently) terrible (according to some tier list maker) Charizard is, he will always be my main. Wouldn't mind picking up another dragon as a secondary.

I'm most interested in the forward Smash that damages while charging. Also the Corrin-on-a-Cob lance attack thing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Relevant!

I've seen that fusion at least 100 times by now, but somehow, it still always cracks me up.

A really talented digital artist somewhere put a lot of time and effort into making that image. Bravo to them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No one is allowed to leave. Even if we all turn out to be wrong and Corrin is bidoof-tier, no one leaves.

It'd be too sad to see this beautiful thread fall apart.
I'm not leaving. I'm determined to work at Corrin like I've never worked with a character before. Going to actually git gud and learn all the frames and mixups and important ****. I'm really interested in getting into my local scene, and I'd like to hit it from the ground up with a fresh character.

That, and as a huge Fire Emblem fan and someone who actually thought Corrin would be a really cool DLC choice even if I didn't expect it at all, I feel obligated to wade through the salt. :shades: :4corrin: :4corrinf:

And honestly, the ****ing Fsmash and the dragon wings sold me. Such a cool idea. Sakurai sure knows how to make awesome things yet more awesome.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wait, if this is true, Nairo thinks Ike is mid-high, huh? I guess I've been severely underestimating him. Oh but whatever, this thread's for Corrin, not Ike.

Also, Nario actually commented in that thread, and I think what he said is pretty important;
I feel like I "shouldn't" be so good, but my brother mains Ike and he's fantastic. I struggle to beat his Ike as almost the entire roster, and even when I scrape a win (usually with Lucina or Charizard), it's by a nose. You make one bad move against Ike and you're dead.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I feel like I "shouldn't" be so good, but my brother mains Ike and he's fantastic. I struggle to beat his Ike as almost the entire roster, and even when I scrape a win (usually with Lucina or Charizard), it's by a nose. You make one bad move against Ike and you're dead.
All his power come to his "I fight for my friends"(and from Yune's blessing) so if you want to beat him, you will need a strong reason to fight (aka I choose this path so no one will die) or a strong bless (aka you are a freking dragon and can bless yourself to be stronger)

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
I am so excited for the release of Corrin and Bayo that is so very close now I can't even sleep... This is the first time I've been so hype since... well, since we were waiting for Smash 4 to release itself!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I am so excited for the release of Corrin and Bayo that is so very close now I can't even sleep... This is the first time I've been so hype since... well, since we were waiting for Smash 4 to release itself!
I don't usually say this but that avatar is unusually cute. I'm glad the fan art has already gotten up to snuff for this character!

On that note, I need to get to bed lol. A little quiz in class tomorrow is more than enough work for me to earn the right to play this character when I get back.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I don't know if I should wait or just go to sleep. Play Mass Effect while waiting or no...either way I'm still hype as ****.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just gonna say it now

There are too many Fire Emblem characters

Zelda doesn't get 6 and Donkey Kong only gets 2

...there's unused files for a Rhythm Heaven character in the game, would've rather seen that than Corrin

...I'm still buying Corrin so I can have that complete Roster

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Just gonna say it now

...there's unused files for a Rhythm Heaven character in the game, would've rather seen that than Corrin

The salt, it is delicious.
Also, Zelda has all it needs. We're lucky to still have Sheik.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Just gonna say it now

Look, I sort of agree, but most Nintendo series don't exactly have large casts of characters to draw from.
And the Rhythm Heaven character's development wasn't even started, it was basically a concept.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just gonna say it now

I get that people are upset X series didn't get characters while Fire Emblem did, but there's a number of reasons for this. Take it from me, who's #1 request and only thing for the roster to be perfect is K. Rool. (And Banjo but let's be real...) Sakurai likes Fire Emblem, and while it's good for developers to be unbiased, it's difficult to pull yourself away from universes you immerse yourself in, especially if you have to dig deep into them for inspiration for a game like this. Just look at Uprising, which while he was developing it, he no doubt said "Yknow what, this would be cool in Smash." if you think there's too many Fire Emblem characters, just wait until Nintendo EAD gets their hands on the roster (hopefully never) and Smash becomes Mario Kart.

I'd rather have a great series that was virtually ignored start getting real spotlight, while others still get the time of day, without just reducing Smash to the big ones. While I would've saved Corrin or whoever for the next game personally, I think it's cool that we got them.

While it's a bit unfair DK didn't get any love whatsoever, I seperate that from the number of FE reps because really, the only fully unique ones were Robin and Corrin (in terms of newcomers) who were added because of recency (literally, Sakurai said Robin was lucky to have appeared when he did) and in Corrin's case advertisement, which while we may not like it, is a perfectly acceptable business practice, and they definitely turned out to look cool. Lucina was a colorswap turned character, which is honestly whatever. We know how cloning in development works, and like it or not, Roy was an incredibly popular pick for returning veteran, and if I was a developer and went to look for a returning vet, I would've picked Roy and Lucas too.

I still think Wolf has a chance in whatever the NX rumor might be, if true. And Zelda's strongest contenders are Impa and Tingle, neither of which are that compelling for a number of reasons. Granted, there are a variety of good Zelda choices, but clearly the developers think about this whole thing differently. And that's not always good, but what can you do.

...Sorry, a little ranty because it's late. tl;dr: Yeah, some people don't like Corrin, it's easy to figure out why all the FE characters are there in the first place, and it's also a shame X/Y series didn't get picked to have more characters.

And no offense, but I'm a little confused by folks who come into a social thread for a character just to say they don't think the character should be there.

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
Just gonna say it now

I don't get why you don't realize that FIRE EMBLEM IS SUPER POPULAR IN JAPAN, and that thats where nintendo all started of course you're gonna put more characters from FE if its popular in your homeland. I don't know what it is with you guys and thinking that nintendo HAS to please you and only you.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I

And no offense, but I'm a little confused by folks who come into a social thread for a character just to say they don't think the character should be there.
Sakurai himself said there are too many FE characters, just saying

I don't get why you don't realize that FIRE EMBLEM IS SUPER POPULAR IN JAPAN, and that thats where nintendo all started of course you're gonna put more characters from FE if its popular in your homeland. I don't know what it is with you guys and thinking that nintendo HAS to please you and only you.
Never said they did, stop taking things so personally

RH is also super popular over there, but I don't see a rep there

and it has an upcoming game

and it represents a new franchise that isn't already oversaturated

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

what are you doing in the Corrin social of all places

just don't buy the character and move on

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So I guess this is relevant
Come to think of it, the Robin social has a version of this image with Robin photo shopped in. Methinks this social should get a version with Corrin, anyone else agree? :p

Last edited:

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss

FE is also pretty popular here in us. I think thats what made them put corrin besides there are technically 11 mario characters. 6 characters for a franchise isnt that much compared to that.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Is anyone else wondering why Nintendo charged a dollar extra for corrin unlike other characters that didn't come w/ a dlc stage?

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Is anyone else wondering why Nintendo charged a dollar extra for corrin unlike other characters that didn't come w/ a dlc stage?
The only reason I can think of are the 2 extra music tracks with him.

Or maybe he is just more valuable by himself than the likes of Roy, Lucas, and Mewtwo XD

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Tomorrow (technically today I guess since it's past midnight), the Smash 4 Family is finally completed!

I'd rather have no character at all than have Corrin, so...
That's the dumbest argument you could've possibly come up with. It's laughable! Was it really necessary for you to come in here and start whining like a little brat just because we got ONE more Fire Emblem character, and a very unique character at that?

Since the answer to that question was obviously "yes," kindly go away and don't bother us again. I'm sure you can find plenty of other places on the internet to go be salty about a character in a video game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Just gonna say it now

I believe this is relevant
Fire Emblem just has a lot of cool characters.

Deemo

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have no character at all than have Corrin, so...

Wow. First time on this site as a member and I already see somebody salty about Corrin.....in a Corrin enthusiast based thread. Anyways, howdy guys! I'm gonna be hanging around here from now on since I'm really interested in Corrin. Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by a moderator:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Wow. First time on this site as a member and I already see somebody salty about Corrin.....in a Corrin enthusiast based thread. Anyways, howdy guys! I'm gonna be hanging around here from now on since I'm really interested in Corrin. Nice to meet you all!
Please do not double post. If you must post in a thread, it would be preferred you edit your latest post.

On that note, WELCOME ABOARD!

Deemo

Smash Rookie
Please do not double post. If you must post in a thread, it would be preferred you edit your latest post.

On that note, WELCOME ABOARD!
Whoops, sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind next time. And thanks!

Noro~

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I should wait or just go to sleep. Play Mass Effect while waiting or no...either way I'm still hype as ****.
Playing Mass Effect is exactly what I'm doing to pass the time lol. Currently playing Mass Effect 2 while waiting for the Smash DLC, then play Smash until Fates gets released in EU and then play Fates and Smash until Mass Effect Andromeda hits. It's a friggin' masterplan I tell ya.

Top Bottom