• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I just realized we never got to see Corrin Kirby.

I'm now interested to see how he'll end up.
I hope he has Corrin's dragon head or his ears and then when he uses Dragon Fang Shot his entire face morphs into the dragon face... I'd love it.

Who do you guys think will be nerfed/buffed in the Corrin and Bayonetta patch. My guess is
Nerfs: Cloud, Roy (only add endlag to Flare Blade and i'm surprised they haven't done that already)
Buffs: Roy (aside from Up-B buff, he hasn't really gotten any buffs since his release), Marth/Lucina, Mewtwo.
Please don't nerf Cloud. I think he's appropriately strong. I'm actually glad that he didn't win yesterday's tourney because that could have tipped off the present Sakurai that nerfing was needed. On that note, Meta Knight and ZSS could see some nerfs because they're almost unfair at times.

I love how Roy fights, so I can't think of any appropriate buffs, but they are welcome. Likewise, any Robin buff would be nice, but I can't think of a specific one other than his running speed or grab range. I'd also love to see Marth and Lucina get some love since they've been largely neglected, but if they don't it wouldn't be the worst thing since I still enjoy them.

I really want to see Wii Fit Trainer buffed. He's so fun to play as, but none of his attacks combo well or flow into each other. I love him, but I struggle to use him.

On the nerf side, I'd rather not see anyone who isn't "broken" nerfed since I'd rather see weaker ones get buffed. The ZSS and Meta Knight from last night tipped me off to maybe getting something about their uairs nerfed, but the characters overall seem fine. Likewise, I definitely don't want to see Rosalina nerfed because I love using her (she's my third main alongside Robin and Roy). It'd be very hard to nerf her into obscurity since Luma will always be good regardless of her other moves, but since she's so technical, I'd let her keep her top tier spot.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
See? Exactly my point.
Nightmare fuel.
Well I mean
This isn't the first time a Kirby Character gets some sort of demonic mouth coming out of something unexpected
upload_2016-1-31_21-20-3.png

Dedede's on the ball when it comes to this stuff :4dedede:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
How about nobody gets nerfed and just make the game Brawl-?
Sounds good to me. As a bonus, Charizard now takes your characters into orbit and makes them pass out from lack of oxygen whenever he uses Seismic Toss.

Also, I forgot about Greninja. Please buff him a little. I played as him on my Japanese 3DS back when the game was first released and he was so good. His u-smash was a massive KO move and his Hydro Pump was fantastic at edge-guarding. I understand nerfing him, but at least add back a little of his 1.0 strength.

Speaking of 1.0 gods, Lucario needs a buff too- stupid Extremespeed has the landing lag of the Pokemon move Quash.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
With the announcement of Corrin and Bayo's release date, my hype for Fates has also grown immensely! I've got my FE Fates Special Edition 3DS on preorder and the schedule for the map DLC looks amazing as well! I'm extremely excited! (even if my wallet is hiding in fear from all the money I'll be spending in February)

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
As someone who couldn't get the Special Edition...

wait...

Oh, you're fine. That 3DS is gorgeous, but at least it's not the Special Edition of the game with Revelation. Phew... sigh...
I'm holding on to the slightest bit of hope that Amazon might have more in stock on release date, like Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that's wishful thinking :')

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Let me just talk about my Corrin Reaction.

The trailer starts, and I say the countdown with it. When I see Ryouma(Mispelled?) I legit think IS IT OBORO IS IT OBORO. Then as it goes to other siblings, I then think about Azura and how popular she is. Then it hits me. This is the choosing scene. And when it said Chooses to smash, i think something in my breathing broke because it was hard to breathe. Hype Meter:10000000/10

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I think I have my Nohr team down. Final chapters for both Conquest and Birthright allow 16 characters (you only get 13 in Revelation even though that's the route with all the characters) so minus Corrin I'm bringing with me:

Azura, Kaze, Xander, Leo, Camilla, Elise, Peri, Beruka, Selena, Niles, Nyx, Flannel, Kanna, Shigure, and Velour.

I don't expect all of them to be fighting so some of them are just going to stay in the back of Pair Up.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Who do you guys think will be nerfed/buffed in the Corrin and Bayonetta patch?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cloud get some tweaks. He's certainly not in any desperate need of nerfs, but I think he could be touched on to give him more risk for his insane reward (looking at you, U-Air and D-Air).

Aside from that, it'd be nice to see some Mewtwo buffs, some Sheik/ZSS nerfs, etc.

Likewise, any Robin buff would be nice, but I can't think of a specific one other than his running speed or grab range.
Yeah, see, those are two things that should definitely not be buffed.

Yes, those are two of Robin's most glaring weaknesses. But it's precisely those flaws that serve as a counterbalance to Robin's numerous strengths. Buff those and you risk breaking that balance.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Has Nintendo ever nerfed a character they previously buffed? Has Nintendo ever nerfed a DLC character? Don't pray for any nerfs to Cloud or Ryu. I don't even think anything in this game needs an immediate nerf. Closest thing is probably Rosa's uair or Sheik's needles.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Has Nintendo ever nerfed a character they previously buffed? Has Nintendo ever nerfed a DLC character? Don't pray for any nerfs to Cloud or Ryu. I don't even think anything in this game needs an immediate nerf. Closest thing is probably Rosa's uair or Sheik's needles.
ZSS needs nerfs more than Rosalina trust me. ZSS and Sheik are in their own tier while rosa is just slightly behind them in tier 2/A

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Has Nintendo ever nerfed a character they previously buffed? Has Nintendo ever nerfed a DLC character? Don't pray for any nerfs to Cloud or Ryu.
Technically, yes to the latter. Mewtwo's USmash initial hitbox was shrunk in 1.0.8, as well as a -3 KBG on UAir in this patch. Lucas' FAir got a smaller sourspot hitbox and a -5 to DTilt's KBG as well as the teammate projectile absorption thing this patch(But that was universal). Roy's first and last hit got a -1% each for more hitboxes in 1.1.0. Oh, and Ryu's turnaround animation length apparently went to an extra 3 frames in 1.1.0.

Mostly quality of life nerfs, but nerfs nonetheless.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd love to see Cloud knocked down a peg or three.
Why? Cloud at high levels actually uses interesting mixups. ZSS, Sheik and MK can resort to strings of fairs and uairs followed by a B-something. He's definitely not on their level.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I think ZSS and Meta Knight should get nerfed Uairs, it was really boring to watch them do the same combo on each other in the niconico tournament.

Same with the Sheik ftilt combos and really any of the moves that combo into themselves. Although I don't really know how they could be properly nerfed.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think ZSS and Meta Knight should get nerfed Uairs, it was really boring to watch them do the same combo on each other in the niconico tournament.

Same with the Sheik ftilt combos and really any of the moves that combo into themselves. Although I don't really know how they could be properly nerfed.
Just add some more endlag or knockback to make them more difficult to combo out of.
You can't really get rid of their combos because they're too important to how they play, but if they were made easier to escape, I think that it would make it more balanced without ruining their playstyle.

They could also perhaps make it more difficult for Zamus and Metaknight to get early kills with their Up-Bs, and make them only reliable kill moves when the target is at a solid kill percentage.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why? Cloud at high levels actually uses interesting mixups. ZSS, Sheik and MK can resort to strings of fairs and uairs followed by a B-something. He's definitely not on their level.
Personally, my problem with Cloud is that some of his moves have utterly massive reward to them with minimal risk, usually due to massive hitboxes and damage output with low end lag. It's not a huge issue, per se, but one that might be worth looking at.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
If all they did was buff Zelda even just slightly i would be happy. The poor princess desperately needs buffed, more than any other character except maybe Jiggs but i dont know enough about Jiggs to be sure of that. If they just gave her less end and startup lag that would probably be enough to make her a noticeably less terrible character, and thats not asking for a lot since they have done that with plenty of other characters that didnt need it nearly as bad as Zelda does. If she had the ability to store her phantom after charging it that would be amazing too, but i wouldn't expect that to happen

I wouldn't mind Cloud losing some of his attack speed/power, he can be such a nightmare to fight against with his speed and power combined with his range. I dont think he should be nerfed to oblivion but i really think he could be toned down a bit and still be a competitively viable character

Corrin looks really good though, i was pretty indifferent when he was announced mainly because i was too excited about Bayonetta but the recent gameplay footage made him look like a lot of fun, even more than Bayonetta surprisingly, she's a lot lighter than i imagined. I hope that the palette swaps change the color of the dragon form, but i dont think thats likely. It would be a really nice touch though

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just add some more endlag or knockback to make them more difficult to combo out of.
You can't really get rid of their combos because they're too important to how they play, but if they were made easier to escape, I think that it would make it more balanced without ruining their playstyle.

They could also perhaps make it more difficult for Zamus and Metaknight to get early kills with their Up-Bs, and make them only reliable kill moves when the target is at a solid kill percentage.
I'm not a high level player, but this seems like a fair compromise. It keeps their sick combo potential, but doesn't let them get kills off the top at 60%. In theory, at least.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meta Knight at least can have difficult and high input as excuses for his Uair to Shuttle Loop setup not to mention that Shuttle Loop doesn't exactly have crazy knockback growth... Meanwhile, 220 growth Boost Kick... Yeah... that really needs to be toned down. Boost Kick could be nerfed in growth and maybe even damage, but the last hit only does 4% as opposed to Shuttle Loop's last hit doing 6% and having 130 growth used grounded and 118 growth used in the air. As compensation, Boost Kick should connect better. People probably think I'm insane, but really. Let's say the growth is reduced from 220 to 130... That's probably at least a 50% increase to its kill percent - not really sure, since its final hit does so little damage, so it's possible a 130 growth might even make it kill 150% later. It'll still be able to kill early if used up top like pretty much any move used way up top, but used from a regular setup and past percents ZSS can Uair you up there, it won't be as potent of a kill move, especially OOS. It'd be more like Roy's Blazer - actually, it'd be weaker since Blazer's final hit does 8% used on the ground and 6% used in the air. I get why it has high knockback growth because it's a multi-hit, but its growth like Helicopter Kick's is really obscene compared to other multi-hit moves in general. Other option is to just make the last hit have a lower angle... Maybe even 0 degrees, so it'll kill, but strictly horizontally.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember my initial reaction to Corrin's reveal, I laughed my *** off as we got ANOTHER glorious FE character.
Same here. The silly commentary didn't help either. "Big brother is now big sister?"

It was like the Robin/Lucina reveal. I went in expecting Shulk, and instead I as completely blown away by something both awesome and completely unexpected.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember how hyped I was when Corrin was revealed while at the same time, there was an intense amount of salt everywhere for being another Fire Emblem character. All this "too many FE characters" and "too many sword fighters" and all that other baloney never held me back because I slept with a smile on my face since. It was indeed a glorious day.

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Random question...

I have Wednesday off from work! Yay!
That said, I am going to download Corrin and Bayonetta as soon as possible, once we find out exactly what time they release on the 3rd. This is going to be the first time I'm going to grab DLC characters as soon as they release... Well, since Mewtwo, anyway. But he was free because of the old Club Nintendo.

Anyway, will the download process be faster if I put funds in my eShop account for the Corrin and Bayonetta 3DS/Wii U DLC ahead of time?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Random question...

I have Wednesday off from work! Yay!
That said, I am going to download Corrin and Bayonetta as soon as possible, once we find out exactly what time they release on the 3rd. This is going to be the first time I'm going to grab DLC characters as soon as they release... Well, since Mewtwo, anyway. But he was free because of the old Club Nintendo.

Anyway, will the download process be faster if I put funds in my eShop account for the Corrin and Bayonetta 3DS/Wii U DLC ahead of time?
More than likely yes because the eshop will be flooded with people trying to download them. This is the one time I have to wait till I get back from school to download them.

Top Bottom