• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Any Clannad fans here? Well, you're going to love this Fire Emblem Fates parody!

You'll also like it a lot if you're a huge fan of Elise, because it pretty much parodies her interactions with Corrin in a nut shell.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I already knew about this, but it cool that your showing it off to the rest of us.

So, I'm going into the Smash 4 scene in probably a couple of weeks. I'm not really sure how I'll do, so I'm asking you guys for help. Later in this post are the legal stages that we use. Any and all tips and tricks that anyone has with these stages. Please say. I'll also post the top players characters and again, any and all tips and tricks will be so helpful.

I'm currently going in with these 3 characters as my main set up. :4shulk:, :4cloud:, and the last one I'm not entirely sure, but I'm looking at :4corrin: for the last slot.

I will also ask the Cloud and Shulk pages for tips and tricks with there characters.

Here are the top 10 players and there characters at my locals.
1. :4peach: :rosalina: :4bayonetta:
2. :4metaknight: :4corrin: :4cloud:
3. :rosalina: :4mario:
4. :4dedede: :4wario:
5. :4marth: :4greninja:
6. :4ness: :4sheik:
7. :4rob: :4gaw:
8. :4ness: :4falcon:
9. :4falcon: :4cloud:
10. :4bowser: :4kirby:

And here are the legal stages.
Starters:
Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland64

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
(you may now substitute Miiverse for Battlefield)
(you may now substitute any Omega for Final Destination)

Again. Any and all tips and tricks about anything will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Time to go copy and paste this to the Shulk and Cloud boards

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
It took some time, but I managed to make Azura learn Warp.

Unrelated:

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I main Corrin and Cloud, and I really wanted to know why you fellows main him/her.
I'll go first.
So I was really excited about Corrin when he/she was unveiled at the Final Presentation, because a chainsaw dragon is hella appealing.And it didn't hurt that he/she was from a game I had my eyes on for a while.
After playing him/her for a while, I was not so hyped.He/She seemed to kill really late outside of Uair and tippy Smashes, and I was terrible at landing those.I later realised that I had a habit of spamming the seemingly unpunishable Fsmash, and had completely ignored the incredible utility of Dragon Lunge (I wasn't even aware of Instant Pin), not to mention the awesome strings he/she could pull out of thin air.
I properly labbed him/her for a while, and found great joy in the comboing ability of Ftilt,Dtilt,Utilt,Fair etc.I had almost dropped him/her completely in favor of Cloud, and now I'm really glad I didn't.
Fsmash tips is always a joy to land, along with pinning an opponent to decide their fate while they struggle.All his/her moves seem to flow into each other.So, yeah, he/she's my main now.

P.S The reason I refer to Corrin as he/she is because while I mostly play the Orange alt., I occasionally switch to Green for the heck of it.
I started playing as Corrin because I really love the Fire Emblem series. I've played most of the FE characters quite copiously, but Corrin quickly took the top spot because I really like their play style, and, moreover, they look really cool too. The way Corrin plays seemed to come pretty naturally to me. The spacing game seemed really awesome, great aerials, kills quite well. Probably, most importantly though, was that I thought that Corrin is really fun to play. I enjoy the great variety of unique tools Corrin has at their disposal, which allows me to switch up my style easily, and it prevents playing as Corrin from really getting boring. Also, I play just on the 3DS, and mostly just play For Glory. Corrin has some great punishes for some of the more annoying FG types, and can also handle lag okay (lag is a frequent visitor in 3DS For Glory).

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I have officially beat Conquest.

Overall, I'm not sure whether or not I enjoyed Birthright and Conquest more.
On one hand, I think the story in Birthright was better and I prefer the ability to grind without the DLC.
On the other hand, I kind of liked the challenge that some of the Conquest chapters gave me.

The MVPs of the first gen were Effie, Odin, and Mozu.
The second gen MVP was Ignatius.

I'm really excited to play Revelations soon.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So I'm on Conquest Chpt. 26 and I am only have one enemy general left besides Iago and the two maids and so I'm on verge of beating it.......
..when the general crits me at 3% :glare::mad:.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I got the special edition as a birthday present, so should I start with Conquest or Birthright?
I know Conquest is more difficult etc etc, so just tell me which one is good to start with and why.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Birthright to start, to familiarize yourself with the classes and individual weapon effects since everything is divided heavily between Hoshido and Nohr.

Conquest has enough to keep track of between the enemy skills and varied maps, you don't need to be actively trying to remember what debuffs the shuriken will cause and what the penalty for using Silver weapons is on top of all that.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I'm on Conquest Chpt. 26 and I am only have one enemy general left besides Iago and the two maids and so I'm on verge of beating it.......
..when the general crits me at 3% :glare::mad:.
I know how you feel. I just had a moment today when I got late into a map, and then one of my units died.

I tried doing Chapter 17 of Revelation today. As a heads up, you cannot save at the start of the chapter because it leads directly from Chapter 16 similar to how Chapter 27 immediately transitions into the Endgame in all routes. Chapter 16 went pretty well for me, and then in turn 2, I thought Ryoma could take care a large number of Knights and Generals at the center left. Boy was I wrong. Ryoma ended up being unlucky for once and not succeeding in a single dodge and was eventually killed. I had to restart because I knew how valuable Lobster Lord is and didn't want to proceed through the route without him... and now I have to start all over from Chapter 16 again.

And I also had moments in other chapters where I'm proceeding pretty well, but then an enemy unit gets a crit on me and I have to start over. A Wolfskin critted me in Chapter 15 of Birthright near the very end... boy was I mad.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I don't make gambles with hit and crit rate. I had to bench Arthur no matter how glorious he was because I can't accept having every enemy be a potential one-hit kill.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I had to redo Revelations Chapters 16 and 17 three times before I realized I should use the forts.

D

Deleted member

Last night I was doing Midori's paralogue and had Ryoma get hit with a 6%. Gotta love the RNG in this game.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I've had a Sorcerer with a 37% hit rate and a 1% crit rate get a crit against Shura back in my Birthright playthrough.
RNG really hates me sometimes.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The RNG can go and take its bull**** straight to hell for all I care.
Just the other day, a Ninja dodged my attack with a 98% hit rate, I couldn't believe it.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Once again, SmashBoard fails to notify me of posts in this thread. Seriously, why does that happen?

Arrei

Smash Lord
That happens if you view a notification of new posts and then don't actually check the thread, I think. Next time people post, it doesn't notify you because it thinks you're not interested.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The RNG can go and take its bull**** straight to hell for all I care.
Just the other day, a Ninja dodged my attack with a 98% hit rate, I couldn't believe it.
Pokemon can be like that as well. You use an attack with an accuracy of 95%, it still has a chance to miss, and that chance of missing increases even further if the target is holding onto an item that boosts its evasion. Nothing feels worse than losing because your attack missed at a crucial moment.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I want to get this out

Not trying to offend anyone but if you hack the game, you are bad at the game regardless of tactical skill. Actually, hacking in any game shows that your bad at it unless something completely harmless like a model swap. Basically, don't hack in game-changing stuff.

Unrelated: Did you guys hear that the word "senpai" is actually being considered for the Merriam-Webster Dictionary?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chapters 15, 16, and 17 of Revelation completed.

Not much to say for Chapter 15 since it was a return to Notre Sagesse. The toughest units I had to deal with were probably the Generals, but thank goodness I had Effie (I grinded her up to an appropriate level before hand) and Saizo to make the job easier. Arthur even had some memorable kills.

With Chapter 16, we finally have Ryoma, Hinoka, and her retainers again. While Setsuna started at a low level (level 11), I managed to grind her all the way up until Level 16 on my second try of the map (she died on my first try), and level 15 with 83 exp on the second run. It's pretty awesome to have Lobster Lord once again landing all of the criticals. We also get Scarlet, and I paired her up with Corrin for the added Strength and Defense boosts. I also managed to kill Hans with Setsuna.

Chapter 17... dear lord, those enemy reinforcements coming in after the first turn were scary, but god thing Xander and Leo joins us. Unfortunately, I lost Ryoma on my second turn, so I had to restart from Chapter 16 all over again. So aggravating!

Anyways, the second run on Chapter 17 went a lot better. We get Xander and Leo's retainer after turns 2, and instead of spreading out my units I instead had Xander, Dragonstone me, and Guard Naginata Oboro tank all the hits from the riding units on the right side, followed with everyone proceeding to take out the final two riding units at the bottom right. Xander and myself then took care of the Faceless and the Strategist at the Fire Orb. From there, Leo and Odin took over the Fire Orb and started hitting away at the Generals and Knights on the right side until most of them had 1 HP left, so it was to finish them off afterward. I also managed to take out both the Bow Knights to take over the launchers and damage Iago until he was at 9 HP left. Not going to lie, but it felt pretty satisfying to damage Iago that way for the final time we will kill him.

The unit imbalancing sure shows in Chapter 17. Laslow and Peri arrive at Level 16, perfect for where all my units are roughly at, but Niles arrives at Level 14 and Odin and Level 12. Yikes! I did succeed in a few kills with Odin though; I even managed to raise both him and Niles to level 15.

And with that, we finally have all the Hoshido and Nohr units on our side! Next time, we finally begin our journey through Valla!

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
What I love about Fates the most is the depth. They made me feel so guilty about picking a side....

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Less than 5 days to Fates, probably the longest 5 days of my life...

Also, Fire Emblem in a nutshell:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Chapters 15, 16, and 17 of Revelation completed.

Not much to say for Chapter 15 since it was a return to Notre Sagesse. The toughest units I had to deal with were probably the Generals, but thank goodness I had Effie (I grinded her up to an appropriate level before hand) and Saizo to make the job easier. Arthur even had some memorable kills.

With Chapter 16, we finally have Ryoma, Hinoka, and her retainers again. While Setsuna started at a low level (level 11), I managed to grind her all the way up until Level 16 on my second try of the map (she died on my first try), and level 15 with 83 exp on the second run. It's pretty awesome to have Lobster Lord once again landing all of the criticals. We also get Scarlet, and I paired her up with Corrin for the added Strength and Defense boosts. I also managed to kill Hans with Setsuna.

Chapter 17... dear lord, those enemy reinforcements coming in after the first turn were scary, but god thing Xander and Leo joins us. Unfortunately, I lost Ryoma on my second turn, so I had to restart from Chapter 16 all over again. So aggravating!

Anyways, the second run on Chapter 17 went a lot better. We get Xander and Leo's retainer after turns 2, and instead of spreading out my units I instead had Xander, Dragonstone me, and Guard Naginata Oboro tank all the hits from the riding units on the right side, followed with everyone proceeding to take out the final two riding units at the bottom right. Xander and myself then took care of the Faceless and the Strategist at the Fire Orb. From there, Leo and Odin took over the Fire Orb and started hitting away at the Generals and Knights on the right side until most of them had 1 HP left, so it was to finish them off afterward. I also managed to take out both the Bow Knights to take over the launchers and damage Iago until he was at 9 HP left. Not going to lie, but it felt pretty satisfying to damage Iago that way for the final time we will kill him.

The unit imbalancing sure shows in Chapter 17. Laslow and Peri arrive at Level 16, perfect for where all my units are roughly at, but Niles arrives at Level 14 and Odin and Level 12. Yikes! I did succeed in a few kills with Odin though; I even managed to raise both him and Niles to level 15.

And with that, we finally have all the Hoshido and Nohr units on our side! Next time, we finally begin our journey through Valla!
Before you go on to Ch.18, achieve at least an A-Rank Support with Scarlet and then remove all of her equipment. You'll see why once you start Ch.18

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
As bad as the RNG is in Fire Emblem, at least it isn't XCOM.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Before you go on to Ch.18, achieve at least an A-Rank Support with Scarlet and then remove all of her equipment. You'll see why once you start Ch.18
Already beat Chapter 18. I also spoiled myself Scarlet's death in advance.

I didn't achieve an A-Rank with Scarlet because I already done that in Birthright, so I know how it develops, but I did remove all her equipment beforehand.

Poor Scarlet though, especially when the route continues to ship her and Ryoma right before her death.

Ended up clearing the chapter on my third try by having to use most of my royals minus three units (those being Kagero, Great Knight Jakob, and Dual Guard Fodder Odin) thanks to the difficulty spike. Ryoma and Xander can be such lifesavers.

On a different note:
I already know Gunther not having any supports is pretty suspicious, but what makes things even more suspicious is that the shadowed figure that attacks you in Chapter 18's cutscene sounds exactly like Gunther as well.

Yep, I know where this is going.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I'll wait until I can get Point Blank on any main bow user (like Takumi, Anna and Sakura) to keep going in Revelation.

D

Deleted member 189823

Not sure where to post this, but good stuff at Cosmos (does he have an account here?) and @Oz with the Corrin improvements. You both looking sharp, keep it up!
Really flttered. Did I miss something? o:

Astellius

Smash Ace
if you hack the game, you are bad at the game regardless of tactical skill.
Er, that doesn't really make any sense lol. To draw a hypothetical comparison, suppose ZeRo, who most probably consider to be good at Smash because of his skill, suddenly decided to hack Smash. Because he hacked Smash, now he is bad at Smash, because being bad at the game (by your definition) pays no regard to skill.

Sure, there are complaints to be had concerning hackers, but being "bad at the game" isn't a complaint you can logically levy against them just on the basis of hacking. Moreover, with the Hana in your picture, the person themselves probably didn't hack the game, but got the skills like Aptitude and Hoshidan Unity via My Castle battles. That's really easy to do, and skills like those don't change the game *that* much. Really, for example, getting the gold and experience DLC maps for Conquest are FAR more game-changing than the given example, but, presumably, the DLC maps are fully legitimate.

But, again, I'm not fully sure what the complaint is. Is this about something like a versus match? I can see why it might matter then.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

...Yeah, getting food half the time someone finds an item is a bit of a letdown.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Having region-exclusive food struck me as odd in some cases too. Some things might make sense, like wheat and rice, but what, have Nohrians never eaten fish and Hoshidans never ate meat?

Astellius

Smash Ace

...Yeah, getting food half the time someone finds an item is a bit of a letdown.
Haha, it's also pretty gross that they just find meat lying around, outside, on the ground, and then they think, "Hey, we should totally use this!"

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Er, that doesn't really make any sense lol. To draw a hypothetical comparison, suppose ZeRo, who most probably consider to be good at Smash because of his skill, suddenly decided to hack Smash. Because he hacked Smash, now he is bad at Smash, because being bad at the game (by your definition) pays no regard to skill.

Sure, there are complaints to be had concerning hackers, but being "bad at the game" isn't a complaint you can logically levy against them just on the basis of hacking. Moreover, with the Hana in your picture, the person themselves probably didn't hack the game, but got the skills like Aptitude and Hoshidan Unity via My Castle battles. That's really easy to do, and skills like those don't change the game *that* much. Really, for example, getting the gold and experience DLC maps for Conquest are FAR more game-changing than the given example, but, presumably, the DLC maps are fully legitimate.

But, again, I'm not fully sure what the complaint is. Is this about something like a versus match? I can see why it might matter then.
I should've clarified. If your hacking just for fun, like silly model swaps or trying to "break" the game, then its fine. If you hack in legitmate items such as an extra Master Ball or event items/Pokemon that happened a long time ago, then its fine. But if you hack to give yourself an unfair advantage, even in singel player, that's when i say that your bad at the game. Regarding that Hana i posted, that's when it becomes more along the lines of cheating. They didn't hack but they still get an unfair advantage. Its like if you get a Clefairy through Wonder Trade and it knows Judgment and you decide to use it on your team. You didn't hack it in but your still cheating. And if you cheat to win, your still bad at the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why wasn't I getting any notifications here?

It seems Kaze has chosen his starter
I'll have to admit, this is pretty cute.

Last night I was doing Midori's paralogue and had Ryoma get hit with a 6%. Gotta love the RNG in this game.
Today, I had Orochi have an 98% of hitting; she missed.
Also today, there was a 27% chance of Odin getting hit by a Great Club, which had a 42% chance of critting; Odin was killed.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Hiya guys. I designed and ordered a Corrin controller skin for myself on muffin bros.... thought I'd share.

upload_2016-5-16_20-52-26.png

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I too hope Corrin gets a speed buff for the next update.

The two moves I hope that won't be nerfed are the Forward Smash and the Insta Pin technique for the side special. With the Forward Smash, I have friends who complain that the reach is too long, though I'm not sure if the entire Smash community is either OK or against the move. Meanwhile, I fear the Insta Pin technique being removed because it may be considered an "accidentally discovered technique" similar to Greninja's Dair lag cancel by using the Side Special once you hit the ground, but I could be wrong about that though.

Top Bottom