• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
Seems like FE might be a good fit for mobile. But knowing the mobile market, I get the feeling any mobile FEs will be even more dumbed down than Awakening was.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lifetime sales of Fire Emblem Fates is at 1.84 million units sold. And this is before Fates is released in Europe.
And Fire Emblem on mobile

Astellius

Smash Ace
Oops, looks like I forgot to post this.

The game must love you then because this NEVER happens to me.
Lol, perhaps! Clarine maxed her SPD at level 5 Valkyrie. Only Shanna is faster than her. Clarine is as fast as Fir, and faster than Rutger. But all the things that kill themselves over Clarine are kinda wasted experience, as she's the highest level in my company. Clarine, save some of them for the other people!

I'm guessing you have more luck with arenas than i do.
I generally only use the arenas after I've finished the map. If you're super careful, the arenas are really easy to use (albeit a little more time consuming). Yield whenever there's a possibility you'll die, and generally only take low-costing bets. (Also, I know that the emulator has a rewind feature, which I wouldn't have too many qualms using in case something stupid happened).

Ah, well there's actually a simple trick to work around that: give him the Boots. He'll get 6 movement before he promotes (meaning he'll have 7 movement as a Master Lord). As for stats, what i would do is give him some of the stat-boosters i find along the way. It helps. But only give him stat-boosters once he's reached lv.20. That way, you have full control over which stats you want to boost. Its like a mini-promotion
I could do that, but I don't really have a problem with Roy being weak, and I'd rather have the stat boosters go to people I'm using. I'll probably use the boots on Fir, so her movement would be 8, keeping her up with the cavalry and flying units. That Swordmaster crit bonus of 30% is just ridiculous...!

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Fire Emblem on mobile seems like something I should have seen coming a mile away. Nintendo has already started getting into the mobile business, and using Fire Emblem for that market will both broaden Fire Emblem's presence and Nintendo's as well.

Now the only question is if they are still going to keep the whole marriage thing in. Be kinda funny seeing people's wallpapers be their spouse's confession scene.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Come to think of it, we live in a universe where we got a Fire Emblem mobile game before a Mario one. Think about that for a bit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm honestly not too thrilled about a Fire Emblem game for iPhones, Androids or whatever, I rather just play it or other Nintendo games on an actual console since I'm not a mobile gamer myself.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is that all we know? That there's going to be a mobile FE game? That could mean anything.
I mean, it could be some sort of spin off or a remake of an older game.

inb4 its a dating simulator with a face-petting minigame

Edit: As you guys may have seen from my post before, I've reached Conquest endgame. Turns out, that level is BS. If I play defensively, I get overwhelmed by reinforcements and the boss's shock wave attack. If I play to offensively, I get destroyed by the maids I showed in a screenshot earlier. All the levels before this were challenging, but there were ways to work around them. This level, however, feels impossible. Nothing works.

I'm going to go by some skills to create a super unit and try the rescue staff/dancer cheese, but the game shouldn't force me to do that. This really upsets me, 'cause it was such a great game up to that point.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
FE mobile game will most likely be a spin off of Fates / Awakening with a much more simplified style of gameplay to better match simple puzzle games like 2048 that dominate the mobile market. It won't be anything breath-taking, but its a nice way to further advertise the series.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Edit: As you guys may have seen from my post before, I've reached Conquest endgame. Turns out, that level is BS. If I play defensively, I get overwhelmed by reinforcements and the boss's shock wave attack. If I play to offensively, I get destroyed by the maids I showed in a screenshot earlier. All the levels before this were challenging, but there were ways to work around them. This level, however, feels impossible. Nothing works.

I'm going to go by some skills to create a super unit and try the rescue staff/dancer cheese, but the game shouldn't force me to do that. This really upsets me, 'cause it was such a great game up to that point.
My assumption is, to beat that on Lunatic, you absolutely need the Silence staff from Chapter 25, as well as a Rescue, and a healthy stock of Freeze wouldn't hurt either.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All the Silence and Freeze staff have done for me is delay the inevitable.
Rescue/Dancing cheese is what it's going to take. I just bought a brave sword, dumped all of my stat boosting items into Corn, and bought Swordfaire/Spendthrift/Life&Death. I'm really worried about Vengeance, though. That skill is going to do a lot of damage, considering the boss has 75 max HP.

Maybe I got to get Bowbreaker on them to, just to be safe.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm honestly not too thrilled about a Fire Emblem game for iPhones, Androids or whatever, I rather just play it or other Nintendo games on an actual console since I'm not a mobile gamer myself.
I'm not a mobile gamer either, but Fire Emblem

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Personally, I believe/hope that the mobile game will take a more Japanese mobage style approach than being a straight up simplified mobile port that you pre-purchase and then play with all of the characters and weapons pre-loaded. If Nintendo want to make money (sometimes I wonder if they actually do LOL but I digress), i think they should run it on a gacha/stamina system, similar to FFRK, Granblue Fantasy, Love Live, Tales of Link, etc. Pull for rare characters/weapons on a gacha (could do themed banners ie a Fates banner with Sakura and Elise, and PoR banner with Ike and Soren etc), have event maps with characters/weapons as a prize for completing it/tiering, as well a core storyline with maybe some original characters, for example the pegasus knight and the mage that they came up with for the Cipher game could be central characters in that story. But ultimately I really, really want to see characters from every FE game come together in a mobage hell. If you couldn't guess, i LOVE MOBAGES.

Anyway, I actually came here to post a Corrin plush I made recently for a Nova Scotia-based Smash player (sorry I don't know your Smashboards name :V ) I did make a small one if you guys remember, but the big one is a lot better.
corn1.jpg

There's a video and more photos on facebook.com/telexplush if you're interested, I've done all of the FE Smash girls at this stage.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
i think they should run it on a gacha/stamina system
Pull for rare characters/weapons on a gacha
(could do themed banners ie a Fates banner with Sakura and Elise, and PoR banner with Ike and Soren etc)
Ok so all of this confused me. Can you explain it. Especially the gacha. What is a gacha?

Anyway, I actually came here to post a Corrin plush I made recently for a Nova Scotia-based Smash player (sorry I don't know your Smashboards name :V ) I did make a small one if you guys remember, but the big one is a lot better.
That is really well done. Nice job.

Arrei

Smash Lord
A gacha's a lottery, essentially, usually used with collectible card mobile games. You are shown a bunch of prizes ranging from common rubbish to ultra rare goods, and one is randomly selected to give to you. Naturally, the good stuff has a significantly lower chance of winning. Commonly combined with either time-gated or real money lottery tickets, the latter of which may boast a better, often exclusive prize pool or higher chance of winning.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Armagon Armagon haha sorry for not explaining, i forgot that not everyone is immersed in mobage hell :^)

arrel explained gacha pretty well, stamina is an amount of time you're given to play essentially, and every map using some. tiering is when you compete against others in a scheduled event, and people who place within a 'tier' of scores get better prizes.

and thanks a lot! im quite the fan of her too :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Getting back into Awakening felt weird for awhile after playing Fates for over a month

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't say I'm really hoping for a stamina system. It's hard for me to remain invested in games when my amount of playtime is limited. I also refuse to pay for extra chances to play, because if I start doing that, I don't trust myself to stop.

But eh, being a mobile game, I probably won't get to invested in it anyway.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
20160428_204400.jpg

Got these in the mail today. Won't probably upload/listen to the Fates OST until I beat every version. Would recommend picking it up soon if interested, Awakening's OST rose to $300 shortly after it came out. Amazon.JP offers overseas shipping on CDs, which costs about $12.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Good news: Starting on May 5th, wave 2 of Fates DLC begins. We're starting with "A Gift from Anna 2" as well as the first map from "Heirs of Fate".

Edit: Apparently the "Heirs of Fate" maps will be released separately as opposed to being sold as a pack like Hidden Truths. The first "Heirs of Fate" map comes out a discount though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good news: Starting on May 5th, wave 2 of Fates DLC begins. We're starting with "A Gift from Anna 2" as well as the first map from "Heirs of Fate".

Edit: Apparently the "Heirs of Fate" maps will be released separately as opposed to being sold as a pack like Hidden Truths. The first "Heirs of Fate" map comes out a discount though.
That's a day after my birthday...guess I'll have to download Fates once more

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dang it, when I saw "A Gift from Anna 2", I thought that meant there was going to be more DLC classes. But I checked SerenesForest, and nope, just a choice between boots and a skill scroll for double-exp.

Witch and Ballistician were so cool though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I might as well add some more cash into my eShop balance then because I'm pretty much broke.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Hey Guys and Gals, I got the Sighting lens from the first Gift of Anna DLC, but I was wondering for when I get revelations, is there any way to transfer the lens over to that instead of using it in Birthright? I feel like I'm fine without it and I don't really need it in this playthrough.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Each individual file should be able to access those DLCs once. But as long as you have it, might as well muck around with it.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Oh really? \each file gets too? well than no worries, thanks =)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A day late to share the news, but yesterday was the Hoshidan tactician's birthday! Happy belated Birthday, Yukimura!

Hopefully, you payed your copies of Birthright or Revelation a visit yesterday. He may be the person who breaks his glasses the most in his army, but he's still a lovable dude overall!

Nah

Smash Champion
Whew, finally beat Conquest! Part of me would like to buy Birthright and start on that, but I wanna finish my Lunatic Awakening run that I started before Fates came out and then stalled to play Fates first. Game leaves you with a few questions at the end but I assume they'll be answered in Revelations (whenever I get around to that). Though there is one thing that I've been wondering for a while that I doubt will actually get answered in one of the two other games
Like is it ever explained why Corrin does not seem to remember Silas from her childhood like at all? I honestly find it rather strange that Corrin would forget someone who was supposedly such a good friend of hers from years ago. And the thing is that you meet him in-game for the very first time after the little seal on Corrin's memories is broken. If it was before I could understand, but after? Makes me think that they never actually met during their childhood, but instead he saw her once and from then on wanted to be friends with her and so joined the Nohrian army in hopes of one day getting to get close to her or something.

but back to grinding hell I go.....tomorrow

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Dang it, when I saw "A Gift from Anna 2", I thought that meant there was going to be more DLC classes. But I checked SerenesForest, and nope, just a choice between boots and a skill scroll for double-exp.

Witch and Ballistician were so cool though.
I think the only way we'll get a new DLC class is if IS decided to update Fates to make the game compatible with the Roy amiibo (how have they not done that yet?). Because they would eventually release an Elibe-based map and the reward would be the Master Brand which would change male units into a Master Lord (this is all assumption).

Well, I might as well add some more cash into my eShop balance then because I'm pretty much broke.
This time, the map pack 2 is only $7:99. So you won't have to spend as much.
Hopefully, you payed your copies of Birthright or Revelation a visit yesterday.
Yukimura isn't available in Revelation.

Like is it ever explained why Corrin does not seem to remember Silas from her childhood like at all? I honestly find it rather strange that Corrin would forget someone who was supposedly such a good friend of hers from years ago. And the thing is that you meet him in-game for the very first time after the little seal on Corrin's memories is broken. If it was before I could understand, but after? Makes me think that they never actually met during their childhood, but instead he saw her once and from then on wanted to be friends with her and so joined the Nohrian army in hopes of one day getting to get close to her or something
I think the seal only involved the memory of the kidnapping and anything before. Corrin forgetting Silas could be a side-effect of the seal unsealing, with all those memories coming back.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, in the supports of Corrin and Silas, is said that Corrin was very sad after being separated from silas, and to him stop crying his retainers acted like Silas never existed, so maybe the young corrin thought that silas was a imaginary friend and forgot him when he grows (like most of children)

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, I finished Binding Blade today! Definitely is a very good game. Also, I ended up using Sophia after all, via grinding her in the arena. The Apocalypse tome was unnecessarily powerful in her hands haha...

Overkill much?

Hm, so, what to do now? Maybe I'll try Genealogy next, while awaiting that second series of Fates DLC!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, I finished Binding Blade today! Definitely is a very good game.
Good job! I like it when people say they like Binding Blade. Among most of the FE community, the game is kinda bashed on. So its always good when someone likes Binding Blade. The only thing i didn't like about Binding Blade was that the final boss was too easy.

Also, I ended up using Sophia after all, via grinding her in the arena. The Apocalypse tome was unnecessarily powerful in her hands haha...
R.I.P Wyvern Rider 2002-2002. For just 2 dollars a day, you can stop Wyvern Riders from being murdered by Apocalypse wielding Sophias.

Hm, so, what to do now? Maybe I'll try Genealogy next
I'd save Genealogy for last. It's a great game but the Judgral games are the hardest so its best to play them last. I recommend playing Mystery of the Emblem next. Whether its the original version on the SNES for the remake on the DS, its up to you (although the SNES version also has FE1 built in so you get to play 2 games in 1).
Edit: You can also try Gaiden if you want to give the most underrated FE some love.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yukimura isn't available in Revelation.
He isn't? Well, thanks for telling me. Guess that means I don't have to worry about upgrading a puppet once I start Revelation.

Nah

Smash Champion
Yukimura's not available in Revelations? I thought that all characters from both paths were usable in Revelations.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yukimura's not available in Revelations? I thought that all characters from both paths were usable in Revelations.
All characters are usable except
Izana dies just because
Yukimura stays to defend Castle Shirasagi from Nohrian troops and Scarlet is killed protecting the Avatar

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did it guys. I beat Conquest Lunatic. Oh yeah, and I used a female avatar for that play through. Normally I use a male one but I thought I'd mix it up.

And I beat it with 0 deaths and no exp/gold grinding DLC to! My only regret is that I couldn't kill the final boss with a Frying Pan. He deserves to receive handy-dandy justice.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I am really getting sick and tired of my internet connection. I swear, I have any wifi matches screwed over by lag more often than not.

And due to my living situation, there's almost nothing I can do about it.

*punches wall*

Top Bottom