• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hit-boxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hit-box's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particularly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hit-boxes that ended up being a bug.

Note: Hitboxes may appear to be more disjointed here than they actually are in-game because Ness' body parts are supposed to stretch in the animation!

(No articles yet, so no FSMASH)

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurt-boxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Thanks for getting to us as quickly as you have! I'm sure Corrin wasn't the easiest to do so I appreciate it. Are you sure that the dragon ascent hitboxes are the correct size? I thought they extend more towards the tips of the wings.

P.S. Corrin ain't Ness. You said we were in your opening note ;)

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Oh my God, you rock Furil

Those hitboxes are pretty much what I expected, though the Dragon Lunge kick hitbox never fails to get a laugh out of me

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
lol dash attack would not have a hitbox on the entire tip of the sword

Would it be possible to have it so the gifs for the moves with lance limbs (jab 1, Dair, etc) show the lance limb or no?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Excellent work Furil Furil !

Kinda surprised ftilt doesn't hit higher. Also dat low uptilt hitbox :surprised:

I'll definitely have to update my grounded heatmap asap.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah what the hell is this?
Screenshot_2016-07-07-14-18-20.png
It's clearly not gonna hit anything like that.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think there's actually a frame missing from the start of the ftilt gif. Frame 8 should be the frame JosePollo posted as frame 7, and is definitely active.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Huh, that's odd; it appears to render fine in the program.
I'll try to re-render the animation to see if it fixes it.

Edit:
I re-rendered it and it worked this time. Strange. I blame frame speed multipliers :p
I wonder if any of the other ones are missing a hit-box because of that...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does anyone have the Initial Dragon Lunge hit, and the f smash those are the only ones I wanna see lmao
The middle hitbox is a bit too big (can't be helped, it stretches so the hitbox will be wrong at some point in the move no matter what) but I still have this pic of fsmash laying around from months ago.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
These are most interesting. I have been wanting to compare some of these with some of Lucina's (so in turn, Marth's) hitboxes.

What's sad is that, while Corrin possesses a slightly bigger sword, Marth and Lucina's Fair has slightly more range. Somehow, the way Corrin swings the sword (possibly not leaning as far forward) means it has less range. Good for me as a Marth main, but it's still surprising.

Another thing that interests me, is that non of Corrin's moves seem to have the Blue Defensive bubbles on the arms/hands like Marth and Lucina have. Is this really the case?

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Thanks. Not a Corrin player, but this info will help when fighting against him/her.

Top Bottom