• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copycat character with iconic moveset

Vidilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vidilian
In Street fighter 4 there's a character called Seth whose moveset consists of various moves from the rest of cast (ryu's shoryuken, guile's sonic boom,etc).

What moves do you think a smash bros equivalent would have?

This isn't just a thread about picking the best moves because I think if such a character existed, they'd have the most iconic moves, not necessarily the best.

Heres my example of some of the moves they might have:

Neutral B - Falcon punch. The most iconic move specifically made for smash. There's other neutral Bs that are more iconic to gaming in general (mario's fireball, hadouken...) but falcon punch has to take it imo.

Up B - Shoryuken including true input. Also happens to be the best up B killing move in the game. Shoutouts to Link, Samus, Mega man and Sonic's

Down B - Kirby's Stone / Pikachu's Thunder. Couldn't pick. They're more iconic to smash than kirby and pokemon games at this point and that's what makes me want to pick it over things like Sonic, Cloud and Peach's.

Side B - Mario's cape. I feel like I had to have a Mario move. Shoutouts to Link, Samus, Pacman and Sonic's.

Normal moves would also be copied. Things like Mega man's jab, Yoshi's down air and Donkey Kong's cargo throw come to mind.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hello and welcome to the Smash Boards!
So, in a way, basically it'd be some sort of boss character that mimics the moves of other characters in the game? Reminds me a lot of Dural from Virtua Fighter.
It's not like they couldn't use her in the game, anyway, we already have costumes for Akira and Jacky, maybe if we get a Subspace Emissary campaign next game, she could be in there somewhere.
If we were to talk about her Smashes instead, and picked the most iconic ones:
  • Her Side Smash would obviously have to be Marth's, even if she had to do it with her arm and not a sword. You could have the tip be as strong as Marth's, but the blade itself be as strong as Lucina's.
  • Her Down Smash would have to be a Breakdance Kick, since this game is full of those.
  • And her Up Smash could be a Sommesault Kick, since this game is also full of those.

Last edited:

Vidilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vidilian
Hey, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah it could be an originally created boss character that's also unlockable.
Dural sounds like a perfect fit for sure. Don't know much about Virtua fighter but it would be great if she was the representive from that series if there ever was one.
Tabuu even looks quite a bit like her so an inclusion in a Subspace campaign would be make sense in a way. Great suggestion.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
She probably would be a bit like Giga Bowser in the sense that she definitely wouldn't be balanced in relation to the other characters, so she'd work better as a boss.
And if VF ever got representatives, it would probably be Akira and Jacky, since they sorta are the unnoficial mascots of the series, now.

Vidilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vidilian
Fair enough. In Street fighter 4 Seth is unlockable but balanced when playable by having the lowest health and low damage. In Smash a character like that could be balanced by being the lightest character in the game and other nerfs.

If Dural wouldn't be picked as a rep then an original character with her and Seth's properties could be made for smash. Would make sense since most fighing games seem to have a fighter with variious other people's moves.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Maybe a Mokujin style character that changes its moveset to a different character every time it respawns?

Vidilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vidilian
Yeah that's interesting as well. Would be even cooler if there was a mode that works iike Marvel vs Capcom where you picked a team of fighters who each had one stock so you respawn as the next one after a death.
I believe Project M has a mode like that and Smash tour in Smash 4 ends like that.

Top Bottom