• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool stuff you noticed while playing 3.5

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
3.5 should be fine no matter where you download it from. It was the version of 3.02 that I was referring to. If you were used to TKbreezy's with the input assist on, then it'd feel like you couldn't act as fast after an attack.
Then that actually explains why my characters would always seem so laggy compared to others online. But at the same time, the smash cstick not always working is getting annoying. In 3.5 Zelda feels faster now to me because she's moving the speed she is supposed to, at the expense of having a harder time moving around and using Cstick. :C

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
-One of the 2 player Event Matches is called "Where you at?!?" In which a Fox and C Falcon player must kill a CPU Fox in 8 seconds or less.

-Ganons Alt is actually the "7 years later" Ganondorf seen at the end of OoT (since his hair is longer)
than just a HD Melee remake.

-Squirtle's FS is surf(?)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've noticed that out of all the characters who got cool new/reworked taunts, reworked or updated attack animations, cool new alt costumes or recolors, easter eggs, or updated SFX/GFX, ROB was not one of them.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
OH, and also in Hyrule castle you can see a box of...something on the right on the floor, (probably) referencing OoT when Link had to get inside the castle by pushing three crates so he could jump off of them.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Oh, and Yoshi's eggs now match his color, that's really neat.
This reminds of something I noticed, they made the egg shell shards that fly off Yoshi all white, so it doesn't look odd when you drop shield with any non-green Yoshi, that's cool too, right? :b

Last edited:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I've noticed that out of all the characters who got cool new/reworked taunts, reworked or updated attack animations, cool new alt costumes or recolors, easter eggs, or updated SFX/GFX, ROB was not one of them.
-Up Special and Air Side Special (Robo-Booster)
--ROB can no longer airdodge if he has no boosts remaining.
--Final Boost has unique graphical and sound effects.

*shrug*

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I don't actually understand all the people ******** about sfx. Gdubs' sounds go mad hard.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Another cool thing I've noticed are the ''motion effects''(?) of some attacks, like Mewtwo's tilts, Ganon's Bair, Bowser's claw slashes, and I'm sure I'm missing some more of them, don't know if that's been pointed out before, or if it was mentioned by the PMDT, and I don't remember them being there before 3.5, but either way, cool stuff, right?

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
Was rooting through some of the sound files and found a .txt document in there named SONGS REPLACED.

Here's what it says:

The list of songs replaced in Project M 3.5 is as follows:

A01 - Ground Theme (SMB) -> Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
A17 - Mario Bros. -> Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
A20 - Mario Circuit -> Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
B09 - 25m BGM -> Kongo Jungle (Super Smash Bros.)
C18 - The Hidden Village -> Hyrule Castle (Super Smash Bros.)
H06 - Victory Road -> Saffron City (Super Smash Bros.)
K07 - Porky's Theme -> Fourside (Melee)
R03 - Hanenbow Ambience -> Hanenbow by Garrett Williamson (feat. Adam Kirby and Audio Selah)
W01 - Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) -> Mushroom Kingdom 2 (Melee)
W03 - Jungle Japes (Melee) -> Hyrule Field Theme
W06 - Fountain of Dreams (Melee) -> Green Greens (Melee)
W07 - Green Greens (Melee) -> Gourmet Race (Super Smash Bros.)
W15 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee) -> Yoshi's Story (Melee)
W26 - Kongo Jungle (Melee) -> Tal Tal Heights
X02 - Menu 1 -> Project M 3.5 Main Theme

(If you stumbled upon this, you must be a curious sort! Hope you enjoy Project M!)

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Because they updated the file to include songs that were added in 3.5.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Making sure you guys knew about both Ike's Taunt (Sword into Ground) Spiking and Ganon's new Beyond Dumb Strong Taunt Sword Swing.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
@cmart Not sure if you checked the other stages, but there's other stages where a player will have double-jump rings show when landing. I think the Smashville platform had this bug. I think you should just check every stage just to make sure.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
ive noticed that, after all this time, brawls sound effects have grown on me

except sword sounds

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Subspace Emissary is actually fun to play for everyone now. <3

Top Bottom