• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ControlSim is finished! Now you can play any GC game online!

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by biolizard89
Actually my parents are atheists, and are very liberal on most issues. It just seems to be fantasy violence that they're anal about.

I'm not even allowed to play some E-rated games (the original SSB, for example). :(
Zing! I hope you remember to chalk this one up as *not* due to devout Christians in that little scorebook you apparently keep, Ruler_of_Melee.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
yes losvedir, i did update it a little while ago.

christian parents banning violent games: 2,000,000

non-christian parents banning violent games: 5000 ( +1)

its more likely anyways. the religion isn't bad, but people who are too protective and severely misguided by what they think their religion means is bad. my statement stands.

Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Would this work?

Um say you use a code to like balance out the version differences in the US SSBM's, so they all could work online? That would work right? I have V.2 and my friend has V.1 and I would want to play him so bad and he's far away >_>

Para

Smash Cadet
The version differences between 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 are pretty small, all i can think of is some glitch fixes. So I dont think it would de-sync that badly. The only thing I could think of is the memory addresses for the coordinates being different. So there might have to be scripts that deal with the version differences, or have 3 different scrips for the versions that are compatable with each other in some way. I don't know about PAL though, since there are weight differences.

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Ruler_of_Melee
yes losvedir, i did update it a little while ago.

christian parents banning violent games: 2,000,000

non-christian parents banning violent games: 5000 ( +1)

its more likely anyways. the religion isn't bad, but people who are too protective and severely misguided by what they think their religion means is bad. my statement stands.
Meh, okay. Fair enough. I don't think it's terribly unreasonable, though, keeping kids from playing violent video games. In fact, I think it's a lot better than not caring at all, and then having all this uproar in the media about violent games corrupting the youth and whatnot.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Yeah, well you should know if your kid is the type of kid who can handle himself properly. I mean there's really nothing wrong with violent videogames at all, so you shouldn't worry about it too much unless he's either extremely addicted to it or has repeatedly displayed violent or aggressive behavior in the past. It IS terribly unreasonable to keep your kids from playing violent videogames in general because most of them aren't even extremely violent. Fighting games are insanely commonplace nowadays, so unless you keep your kid locked up and can't go to a friend's house ever, he's bound to play them sometime. Keeping them from playing stuff like this makes them mad, especially since they know that the parents' reasoning behind it is wrong. There's so much more going on in a videogame than the study of the violence involved, it rarely becomes something you obsess about.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
*bump*

An SSBM USA 1.0 script has been written by Fuzziqer for ControlSim. It's been released to all the beta testers. It does NOT support items at the moment (obviously it will before it's publicly released).

I haven't seen any test reports for the script yet, and I can't test it seeing as I don't have SSBM.

Just thought I should update you on the progress.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
wtf rsdthser tbseroiut bseoiurthb lsdhf glbjkhds gus hrltuijkh[oaiht9w84 y5a92owhb5tp987 ayzp9u 4b5h9p7yaotuba9e8y 5ahe b5opwth bnwgi oau57y879awu4tuibhoitbhao94759803745bihsgo87 byw74 5yba7w y578yaw 09875u bwe8u9ytb uwetoh baw75 b978wy59078yhet buhrw e87ty bwuyhwe7t buwet7b0ebv7whet vwut vhuig tv76ywe viowe vtiwuetio vuiouweytv89w7 eb9w8y5 viwuh ovyhtiugt vwgiut iviouty iwugv omg 8iwyt87 bvihrtb v89aw7tg sehb6 897se sehg5 w78yv 5y uiviu vb87 iu vi 5q7ayoewooqpqpo p huoir ghqvcc78cqw cigwi5u v boqwcgb uyv qiwg vcigw v

EDIT: and i thought this thread was dead :cry:

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Aye, as awesome as this is - on Fuzziqer's site is says that memory cards are disabled ingame... man, that'd suck in Melee. To miss out on some of the best areas, not to be able to play Falco - but it seems logical, since you couldn't play the same game with different save-files. Guess there should be a way to upload savefiles to each other :laugh: ah, carrying on, dreamin'...

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
What about over a LAN? Do memory cards work on LAN? I'd love to have an 8 player smashfest on one stage.

Para

Smash Cadet
Controlsim has a built-in action replay, you can just put in a code to unlock everything.
I admit this is taking way longer than expected to finish. Theres a SSBM 1.0 script out there, I don't know how much progress they've made on it though. Haven't seen any updates from Fuzziqer in about a month.

KamakaziX

Smash Apprentice
Ruler_of_Melee said:
its really too bad that your parents' minds are being whored out to the Entertainment Software Rating Board, because T for Teen is one of the most inaccurate labels for this game
the PAL version is only 11+

masterRoycube

Smash Journeyman
Hey will they be a easier way to do in later time because i dont think most smashers can pregram wires in the gamecube.

masterRoycube

Smash Journeyman
i think nintendo should keep all those responsibilities, don't try modding a console, sometimes you could be doing something illegal and you don't know it, it depends on if what the companies allow you to do. they could change the laws on you any day, and they won't notify you, so play it safe rather than sorry.

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
So for the first 13 pages I read.. it seemed like a person was working on a program to make SSBM work online. However, on page 14, it seems like they never finished the program and it doesn't work yet.

Is this correct?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
No, the program is currently in its testing phase. Check his site, it was updated not too long ago. SSBM script has been written and is awaiting testing! W00t.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
What exactly do you need to do to your GC to make it work with this program? From what I understand it's just a softmod, but still...

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
LunInSpectra said:
Nah dude it won't work like that, not 8 players on one game. All it is going to do is...Simulate a controller. Lan parties will be useless with ControlSim. But interesting Idea if smash supported it.
Actually, 6-player SSBM is in theory possible, because (IIRC; I don't have SSBM) there's a stage in SSBM where you have 5 CPU opponents. If ControlSim were to sync the human players on one Cube to the CPU players on another Cube (which Fuzziqer confirms is possible, but it's a low priority right now), 6-player SSBM would be possible. In the same way, it's theoretically possible to have 30-player F-Zero GX with everyone having their own screen (although you'd need 30 GameCubes and tons of bandwidth to pull that off). So basically, anywhere there's a CPU player, a human player could be there instead once that feature is supported.

As for the SSBM 1.0 USA script that's been talked about, I am under the impression from some posts in the testing forum that it doesn't work right now, because of a bug in GCARS-CS regarding non-8-bit pointer codes. For those of you familiar with the Action Replay, here are the details on the bug from Fuzziqer:
Fuzziqer Software said:
This is a 16-bit pointer code:

42XXXXXX YYYYZZZZ

The value YYYY needs to be multiplied by 2 before it's used, and my program doesn't do that....... and I think there's a problem with handling ZZZZ as well. So there's a bit of fixing for me to do.

This should be fixed in the next release.
The next release will be at the same time that public testing will begin.

And MasterRoyCube (and anyone else who is wondering), this is perfectly legal. Loading homebrew software onto a console (at least in the U.S.) is not a crime. Obviously piracy is a crime, and various homebrew software is used by pirates to do their dirty work, but so long as you don't use homebrew software for piracy, you're not breaking any laws.

The Newb

Smash Ace
I wish I knew how this worked :(

If anybody could make a list of what's needed (I looked on his forums but didn't find anything) for this to work I'd be glad :confused:

Para

Smash Cadet
I can't even get the codes loaded without the program freezing. Fuzziqer is working on fixing all that stuff I'm sure. Maybe it's just me, I'm waiting to hear word from him.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
Para said:
I can't even get the codes loaded without the program freezing. Fuzziqer is working on fixing all that stuff I'm sure. Maybe it's just me, I'm waiting to hear word from him.
Yeah, from what I've heard on the testing forum, Levine (the program that loads codes onto GCARS-CS from the PC) is very buggy. I haven't tried it myself, but loads of people say they can't get it working. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Oh, and by the way, I recommend not using the Super Monkey Ball 2 script; I don't think it works; I need to figure out what's wrong with it.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
cellton said:
Para do you use SDload cause i thought i read some people had problems with it?
I know there are problems with Samson's memcard loader; there are also some people who have had problems with it using SDLoad (although those people might have had some other problem). PSOLoad/PSUL remains the only loader to my knowledge that has been verified to work.

By the way, there are some reports that the new version (0.4, the first public beta) broke some or all setups (it definitely broke some setups, and I have seen no positive test reports yet). So if it doesn't work, it might not be your fault; post any problems you have with it on the Team GX forums, preferably with an Ethereal log if you're familiar with that tool (if not, don't worry, just give as much detail about your setup as possible).

Para

Smash Cadet
SDLoad isn't really having any problems, none that I can see. The networking on the public beta GCARS is broken, we're waiting for a new release, hopefully really soon.

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
Para said:
SDLoad isn't really having any problems, none that I can see. The networking on the public beta GCARS is broken, we're waiting for a new release, hopefully really soon.
GCARS-CS v0.5 is out; it is supposed to fix the networking problems. It also has a fix for the Green Screen of Doom that some people were having.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
The Newb said:
I wish I knew how this worked :(

If anybody could make a list of what's needed (I looked on his forums but didn't find anything) for this to work I'd be glad :confused:
Could not agree more. I've already got the PSO-load setup (and this is something you could find anywhere, right) but what else would I need, besides the http://leetstudios.com/fuzz/gcars-cs-public-beta-05.zip file?

Anyone clarifying this gets a hundred kudos! :)

djveeman

Smash Cadet
you need pso v1&2 the original version

the new plus version does not work

once you have pso load you should be able to load gcars with that

Top Bottom