• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Setup

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
All I do is change c-stick to Attack for crouching ftilts (and coincidentally, better nairs for my secondary, as well as Snake to some extent). You really do need tap jump on unless you do something crazy like z-jump (for Cypher OoS), but tap jump is just less complicated. Now that using z to DACUS is the same as using an attack input, you shouldn't have any issues with that. Previously, a lot of people changed R to attack. Also, you should consider changing your unused jump to up-taunt, not only because smoking makes you cool, but Snake can do some silly stuff with footstools (and his footstool game is largely underdeveloped).

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Prof used R as attack at TBH4 (the name is still on my wii from then), but that was during 3.02. That said, just think of what you as a Snake player need and utilize the options allotted to you. I would personally use down taunt over up taunt, because the Box has slightly more usefulness than the cigarette via lower startup and better angle (it can probably goof up Marths, Ikes, and the like. Of course, the second jump button has other usefulness: Freze uses it for easy powershields, I used to use it for attack to DACUS, some use it for special, grab... you get my point. There is no "right" scheme. I also remove the up/down taunt inputs from the d-pad to avoid inputs getting eaten while grab-walking. Newer controllers seem to have bad input detection in that regard. The down taunt instead gets mapped to the X button (my unused jump button) and I attack-stick as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom