• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller setup

Darayquaza

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to know what everybody's controller setup is and what controller its for... i dont have a wii/SSBB yet but i play over my friends house. and Ness is my Main =)

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
I use the wii remote+nunchuk, but I think most people use the gamecube controller.

My setup is:
ATTACK = Down Dpad, Left Dpad, Right Dpad
SPECIAL = A
JUMP = Up Dpad, C
GRAB = B
SHIELD = Z
Tap Jump OFF

I do this to mimic the N64 controller as much as I can (because I played SSB64 way more than the others), with a few adjustments mixed in wherever I feel they're necessary.
For Example: JUMP = C
I do that so that I can jump and do specials with more ease.

This probably isn't the most optimal setup, but if you want a setup similar to the N64 controller on the wii remote+nunchuk, this is probably a good one.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ I make a tag because I like a different name. Anyway, B-sticking, that is all.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Personally I can use the classic controller or a gamecube controller
For both I have tap jump off to utilize tilts more, and either x or y as grab, depending on the controller.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The default control setup is the best one, if you ask me.

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
I use the default GameCube setup, but with a few modifications. Tap Jump is off and L can be used for Special Attacks.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I have a spezific controller setup for Ness(/Lucas).

Bstick, Y = Jump and Tap Jump off. Everything else is normal.

Bstick is for the backwardsmomentum PKFire. Y as Jump is for easier reach of the special button so the PKJump is easier to do. Tap jump off because... well so I don't doublejump when I don't want to and such :/

With every other character my controls are normal though, even tap jump is on...

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I did a major overhaul of my controller setting a while back.
-GC controller
-bstick
-Z and R are jump buttons (lol R are)
-X is grab

I used to be a heavy R shielder, but with this controller setting, I got used to L. I think it changed my old habit of rolling too much.

FifthRise

Smash Cadet
default gc controls, no changes. i got tired of having to constantly change the controls =/. i changed my play style to make it fit the controller. not that it needed much changing, just the tap jump thing.

EDMartyr

Smash Cadet
L = Specials
R= Shield
Z= Grab
B= Specials
A= Attack
Y= Shield
X = Jump
C= Specials

Tap jump off.

What have I done? Oh well. I'm so used to it now that there's no going back. The only thing I would be willing to switch is the Y button (I just never use the thing)...but to what?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Gamecube

Tab Jump : Off
L : Jump
R : Shield
Z : Grab
B : Specials