• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Plugin Not Working Online

TonyBBQ

Smash Rookie
Yes, I unchecked raw data. I'm using an N64 controller. It works fine in the regular emulator, but when I go on NetPlay and start a match the controller will just lean to one side and I can't control anything. The Controller Plugin menu option is no longer lit up. Suggestions? I've spent hours trying to get this damn thing to work.

I'm running P64k 0.13 Core 1.4 and NRAGE V2 1.83

I tried downloading the most recent NRAGE plugin, but then I get the "X_Input" display message thing. Something with the dll.

TonyBBQ

Smash Rookie
Hey guys thanks for the response! I figured it out. This Project64k stuff is a real ***** to setup at first.

I should probably start a new thread, but can I host a p2p match on a wireless network in my apartment building? I have no access to the routers.

My ping is usually around 90 so most people won't play matches with me. I'm considering giving up on this process, but I want to play Smash!!!

Sangoku

Smash Master
I should probably start a new thread, but can I host a p2p match on a wireless network in my apartment building? I have no access to the routers.
No you shouldn't, there is an Ask a question thread. If you have no access to the routeur (not physically, but in a browser) then there's no way that I'm aware of to port forward and thus, host p2p.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I unchecked raw data. I'm using an N64 controller. It works fine in the regular emulator, but when I go on NetPlay and start a match the controller will just lean to one side and I can't control anything. The Controller Plugin menu option is no longer lit up. Suggestions? I've spent hours trying to get this damn thing to work.

I'm running P64k 0.13 Core 1.4 and NRAGE V2 1.83

I tried downloading the most recent NRAGE plugin, but then I get the "X_Input" display message thing. Something with the dll.

I'd suggest trying NRAGE DirectInput 1.61 -- it works fine for me. Do any of the buttons work on NetPlay, or is it just the joystick that is broken. Also, what OS are you using?

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Make sure ALL but the first (1 player) raw data boxes are unchecked. If that still doesn't work then uncheck the first one as well. I ran into this problem myself so that should help you.

tropewhat

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoonAim
It works!! Thanks so much guys; also for forgiving me for bumping an oldschool thread.

We're now running into a problem where it's desyncing, which is weird. Tried it out on a few different games and didn't have that problem. I'll update if I figure it out--

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings
I had a similar problem. Whenever I joined a game online, it wouldnt work. I tried dropping from LAN to Exc and that fixed it.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I had a similar problem. Whenever I joined a game online, it wouldnt work. I tried dropping from LAN to Exc and that fixed it.
I doubt that fixed it because that has nothing to do with your controls. You probably unchecked raw data and fixed it.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
See, this is what happens when you remove the term Uncheck Raw Data from the Index title thread

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I doubt that fixed it because that has nothing to do with your controls. You probably unchecked raw data and fixed it.
Huh?

^ this is a response to this:

We're now running into a problem where it's desyncing, which is weird. Tried it out on a few different games and didn't have that problem. I'll update if I figure it out--
Switching to EXC from LAN will help with desynchronizing.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Oh I thought he was talking about his controller not working because it was just posted like a week after the last post and "Whenever I joined a game online, it wouldnt work" doesn't sound like ds

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings
Nope that was already unchecked. I'm on west coast and play Smash FU. When i set it to LAN, no inputs. When I set it to Exc, fully works.

M!nt

Smash Champion
See I told you near! He was talking about his controller, take that! Anyway yeah that's really weird because that setting literally has nothing to do at all with your controller. Are you sure it's like that? Like you can just switch between working and not working just by switching between LAN and EXC?

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings
See I told you near! He was talking about his controller, take that! Anyway yeah that's really weird because that setting literally has nothing to do at all with your controller. Are you sure it's like that? Like you can just switch between working and not working just by switching between LAN and EXC?
Yes M!nt I could literally toggle the function of my controller through the connection type.

RJGBadger seems to have a plausible idea. My ping was about 83.

I wish I had other options; I am actually helping my friend get SSB Online working right now so we can P2P. He clicked something wrong and got 8 downloads, one of which was Zip Downloader. I don't remember encountering that, if anyone is familiar with why this may be. Thanks to all who helped earlier, too.

Last edited:

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings

M!nt

Smash Champion
Huh? All of the links work for me.

Where does it say download a linked P2P client? Both of you either need 1.4 or 2.1.

Last edited:

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings
it doesnt say the word linked, the clients are linked, however they don't work for me or my friend. Do I need to not be on Google Chrome or something? We've been working out this whole port forwarding slowly but surely, my router wasnt listed so we have to go with his. My Netplay window looks identical to the first image shown, do I still need to download the clients that are linked in the post? I wish they loaded so I could answer this myself, sorry.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
So the emulator download links don't work? That's really weird they show up fine on mine. Here I can upload 1.4 in this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Oh so the downloads did work? No problem, i've never used hamachi before. It's probably better to just use the built in p2p, but whatever as long as it's working :D

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol I was mixing up the version number of pj64 so much 1.5,1.6,1.3......-.- it's really 1.4

You should try to get your ports forwarded. It's not hard at all and if you need help just ask :D

Guzheng

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I did most of that but the router issues got in the way and Hamachi was way easier and works. Don't see a need for manually forwarding it now but thank you all for the help, really cool to get this kind of community support.

Top Bottom