• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Issues

colt

Smash Rookie
I main Ness and Lucas, and i use the default wiimote-nunchuck set up. Ness isn't a problem but you pretty much have to have b-sticking for lucas. So is there any way i can b-stick without switching to a game cube controller?

Also, can you SH pkf without b-sticking, because i can't seem to do it.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I personally don't B-Stick as Lucas, so it's not 100% vital, you're-gonna-lose otherwise necessary. You can do it manually without the B-Stick, but it requires you to move the control stick twice as much -- forward for PK Fire, then back for the backwards momentum, then forward again to stay facing the right direction. Not fun (for me, anyway).

SH PK Fire is perfectly possible without B-Sticking. I use it just as I jump, which apparently cancels his upward momentum or something.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
Like Drone said, you don't have to B-stick for Lucas to be good... And you can SH PK fire too. (It's hard for me to do, so I just try and hope I short hop, and if I don't, oh well.)
But yes, to B-stick, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is jump in the opposite direction and hold the control stick the other way right as you do it. Or at least, that's how I do it.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i also don't use the c-stick for specials. its a lot easier for me to use the joystick and the b button for sh pkf.

i also have the R button set to specials so i could just press x+R at the same time to zap jump.

you should fool around with the controller to see what you find more comfortable/ convenient.

Top Bottom