• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller and Custom Questions

BleuShado

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8298-0666
So, I wanna know if its legal to use Classic Controller Pros, or any controller other than gamecube controllers, in tournaments. I use a classic controller pro, set to sort of mimic the gamecube controller's trigger controls
for example: My controller is set as BOTH right bumbers as grab and BOTH left bumpers as sheild.

Also, I wanna know if custom moves are still legal in wii u. I mean if they were, that would mean that people's custom sets would have to be transferred, or something like that. Im pretty sure the 3ds tournaments allowed custom moves.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, I wanna know if its legal to use Classic Controller Pros, or any controller other than gamecube controllers, in tournaments. I use a classic controller pro, set to sort of mimic the gamecube controller's trigger controls
for example: My controller is set as BOTH right bumbers as grab and BOTH left bumpers as sheild.

Also, I wanna know if custom moves are still legal in wii u. I mean if they were, that would mean that people's custom sets would have to be transferred, or something like that. Im pretty sure the 3ds tournaments allowed custom moves.
1. You can use any controller type you want.
2. For the most part, most custom moves are not legal at tournaments... This answer is more on a case-to-case basis though.

Raijinken

Smash Master
There is currently a project under way with the intent of solving the logistical issues of custom moves. No glaring balance issues have been found with them thus far, logistics are the only significant reason they aren't being run.

As for the Pro controller, they're fine, but note that they're wireless and thus are susceptible to wireless interference and lag.

Talking_Cat

Smash Rookie
For the tournaments I go to every Friday we can use custom moves but no stat changing items. We're all just there to have fun though.

There's some argument about the balancing of them but yeah, for the most part it varies depending who's hosting the tournaments, et cetera.

Top Bottom