• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

control stick up + jump = full hop!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
okay so there's this weird thing that is bugging me for a while and that is the following:

when you press up on the control stick (no tapjump) a fraction before (or at the same time) you are gonna jump (let's say you wanna do a sh uair) , you will 100% full hop.

the timing is pretty strict but it is really annoying because when it happens you are really open. this also happens to me sometimes when I'm dashing back and i want to short hop pikmin toss (because I tilted the controller slighty up).

if you don't know what i'm talking about do this: start running and do an uair buffer (control stick slightly up), you will never short hop if you do this...

I don't know if this is known or if this is 100% true but I'm certain there are some strange things going on. I am certain that I'm pressing the jump button even faster and lighter than I normally do when i short hop so there has to be something going on.

I would like some help on how to avoid this annoying full hop (without not holding the control stick up if possible). and I would like to know how this is happening :S

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
kinda afraid of that, c stick is slow...guess i'll just DI forward to avoid the full hop, this can be closed btw.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Using the C-stick instead of the Control Stick + Attack makes it easier to control your momentum.

This would have been something for the Q&A thread, BTW.
It's a sticky, so it's kind of hard to miss. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom