• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONSOLE Player Tier List

Battlecow

Play to Win
the number is the rank that the character holds out of the 12 characters in the eyes of the rater. so a 10 in Nintendude's DK column means that Nintendude thinks DK is the 10th best character.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also Green means the vote is the highest vote that character got, and red is the lowest vote that character got.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You put Ness over Jigglypuff, you're one to talk

why didn't I counter with this earlier

Olikus

Smash Champion
The BR list had too many weird votes. Democrasy doesnt work when you shall make accurate lists. But its not too bad.

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
High variance in opinion regarding tier list placements is a good thing. It means the metagame is balanced :bee:

Low tiers is the best metagame ever :estatic:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Placing luigi 7th, Ness 6th and DK 10th is Sorry to say stupid and shouldnt be in the votes to sum up the tier list.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The new list should have SheerMadness in every tier. Because my characters range from awful to awesome.

Olikus

Smash Champion
and those people clearly have justification for their votes, stop bashing people for being different to you

luigi sucks though
Im just saying democrasy isnt The most accurate solution. Im not bashing lol. People can make what kind of list they want, and how they want. I just pointed it out so people dont trust it blindly.
Aa is The only smasher who never gets me :/

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im just going to assume every post oli makes from now on is designed to troll me specifically

and even if it's not the most accurate solution possible, it's still a reasonably accurate and agreeable list, since characters ended up in appropriate spots even with the outliers taken into account

(except, y'know, luigi sucking)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
can someone explain this chart... What do the colors and numbers stand for?
To add to what was said:
The green colors refer to the people who put the character at the highest tier placement of all the people (like everyone who put Pikachu in 1st since Pikachu is well that good.)

Likewise red refers to the people who put a character the lowest on the tier list, as in the Minimum (like everyone who put Samus in last outside of a few people since Samus is well that bad [inb4 Josuke argument..oh wait Japanese version])

The easiest way to tell this is with Fox. Everyone who put him as 2nd best is in green while everyone who put him as 3rd best is in red as in the deviation was between 2nd best and 3rd best.

Anyone in white were the people who put the character's placement in-between the maximum and minimum ranking.

If I remember right, the purpose of this was to show who deviated the most from the rest of the backroom and who stayed concurrent with the rest of the people. See DK or Luigi for the best examples of excessive deviation.

DK ranged from 6th best (Boom, in Green) to 10th best (Nintendude, in Red) with the rest of the people voting mostly 7th best along with the small deviation to 8th or 9th best (all in white respectively)
Luigi ranged from 7th best (A$ in Green) to 12th best (Mahie) with the rest of the people voting 10th or 11th best (all in white respectively)

Et Cetera/Etc.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If "democrasy" is not the best solution, then what would the great Olikus suggest?

And I also never get you.

Olikus

Smash Champion
im just going to assume every post oli makes from now on is designed to troll me specifically

and even if it's not the most accurate solution possible, it's still a reasonably accurate and agreeable list, since characters ended up in appropriate spots even with the outliers taken into account

(except, y'know, luigi sucking)
asume what you want. I didnt troll.

If "democrasy" is not the best solution, then what would the great Olikus suggest?

And I also never get you.
the best soultion is to let the people that are right make the list. How thats gonna happen is hard though. probably do a superlong mach up and stage list discussion, and be able to choose the best opinions(not nesseserily the ones with most votes) so yeah its allmost imposiburuuuuu to make it perfect. I dont care that much about it. so i can let it be. the list seems pretty good.

And you either never get me? I though higher of you :o

Sangoku

Smash Master
What are you talking about Olikus? Also why not trust people with more experience in the game and admit they are probably right? By the way, I'm not including myself in the "people with more experience", so don't take this post as a cocky one.

Top Bottom