• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor and PsychoMidget presents: A tournament in IRVINE! (:

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
i most likely wont ...muny problem dont wanna use that much and the whole partner thing u kno

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
iono if i shuld go bcuz if i go and dont make it from pools it wuld be lame and ....sushi u say this all the time so ima save u the trouble -_- "but they gove u food and a place to stay for 75 bucks thats apsolutly great" that may be so but u gotta think 75 bucks to basicly play friendlies everyone knoes there not gonna make it to brackets lol xPP
Dude, the reason why people go is to have fun and experience something great. You get to meet Nihonjin, and possibly play him. He's probably the best Sheik in the world next to Captain Jack. Don't you want to see how Bombsoldier slides his hand all over the controller? Bombsoldier vs PC Chris? Mew2King vs Ken? We won't be able to watch ANY of the videos from 0C3 until they complete the DVD, either. I would do anything for a bunch of friendlies and smash ALL night against people from out of state and stuff. It's a chance to make new friends, too. So what if you don't make it to the top 64 people? If you try and impress some guys, they'll encourage you to do even better. Four people will make it out of each pool, too. You still have a chance if you get j00 mindgames straight. It's definitely worth 75 dollars to enter. Because we'll probably never have anything like this for Melee again. And who knows, something might prevent you from missing 0C4 (for Brawl). 0C3 WILL be the last and final international tournament for Super Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Oreo/JetX smash bros.

Smash Apprentice
Dude, the reason why people go is to have fun and experience something great. You get to meet Nihonjin, and possibly play him. He's probably the best Sheik in the world next to Captain Jack. Don't you want to see how Bombsoldier slides his hand all over the controller? Bombsoldier vs PC Chris? Mew2King vs Ken? We won't be able to watch ANY of the videos from 0C3 until they complete the DVD, either. I would do anything for a bunch of friendlies and smash ALL night against people from out of state and stuff. It's a chance to make new friends, too. So what if you don't make it to the top 64 people? If you try and impress some guys, they'll encourage you to do even better. Four people will make it out of each pool, too. You still have a chance if you get j00 mindgames straight. It's definitely worth 75 dollars to enter. Because we'll probably never have anything like this for Melee again. And who knows, something might prevent you from missing 0C4 (for Brawl). 0C3 WILL be the last and final international tournament for Super Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene. I wouldn't want to miss it.
lol u know sushiman thats basically why im going.:laugh::chuckle::p:cool:

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
well said sushiman..

and you brought up a VERY good point... is this truly the last big melee event? I had never even thought of that... Now it's IMPERATIVE that I go.. even though i'm not competing, i'll come to spectate.. and maybe freindly if they let me.

Wow........ the LAST big melee event.. kinda scary when you think about it....

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
well i dont think i can go anyway ...my uncle is a truck driver so i see him like once or twice a year and hes stoping by for the weekend and my parents want me to visit him xP lameness but wat time does oc3 start??

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
lol, I don't think it's worth the money at all. I mean sure, it's fun and stuff, but I think you have to be REALLY obsessed with the game to pay 75 bucks to go. I'd rather buy something that lasts while, like a game or something. I guess when the DVD's out, us non-contenders will have to wait for the DVD. :)

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
lol, I don't think it's worth the money at all. I mean sure, it's fun and stuff, but I think you have to be REALLY obsessed with the game to pay 75 bucks to go. I'd rather buy something that lasts while, like a game or something. I guess when the DVD's out, us non-contenders will have to wait for the DVD. :)
you're just saying that to make you look better (;

obsessed with the game, psh! you were lookin' like you were obsessed for a bit yourself, connor. haha :psycho:

anyway, i'd like to host the tournament no saturday if possible.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
how about $75 bucks for great memories? You say you'd rather spend your money on something that lasts a while.. So you spend you money an a GAME?! And how long will THAT last you? A few weeks until you beat it? Great memories will last longer then any video game will.. (well, maayyyyybbeee not smash XD)

And isn't this Ken's big final goodbye to smash? I heard he was quitting after Melee and would not continue with brawl. Any smasher worth his C-stick would be there to say goodbye.

This is going to be one heck of an event, and it is way more than worth the $75-$100

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm not one to have money to throw around, and I'm spending way more than $75 to go to 0C3. People spend money on all sorts of things, and it's not just a game that I'm spending it on. I'm going to meet people, have fun, and compete with others who love Smash as much as I do. In all reality, this is rather cheap for a week-long vacation to sunny California.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
it wasnt u it was the fact that i have nothing else to do o.o lol xP and yea but if i do take pics there sumtin u gotta do for me... MAKE THAT VID -_- lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Connor, I sent you an important PM. We need an address/directions to your house. Thanks.

(I'm posting this to make sure you read it).

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
timmy connor told me to i/m u on aim to give u his number but if u read this his number is(714) 725-2902 ok give him a call asap he said

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
I GET TO MEET EM TODAY SUCKER ^_^ lol xPP

GOODLUCK AT OC3 GUYS I WISH YA THE BEST EVEN THOUGH IM NOT THERE !!! hope u make it past pools and then sum and good luck in doubles and crews if u have one..... ^_^

Salaad

Smash Ace
lol, a little too late salaad. OC3 was a blast, I loved playing Taj and The King! Bombsoldier is also scary in teams, I found out in doubles :dizzy:
No, I'm saying when the tourny in Irvine is..I already know 0C3 ended today xD I didn't go cause I know I would get owned anyway....

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
No, I'm saying when the tourny in Irvine is..I already know 0C3 ended today xD I didn't go cause I know I would get owned anyway....
haha, sorry, I'm really tired (johns) and I misread things. You should've gone, I can feel that I got somewhat better :)

btw, Taj's Mewtwo is the ****!!

Salaad

Smash Ace
haha, sorry, I'm really tired (johns) and I misread things. You should've gone, I can feel that I got somewhat better :)

btw, Taj's Mewtwo is the ****!!
Well, seeing as I just started playing with advanced techs a couple months ago, I don't feel that confident, I'm hoping to get a frash start in Brawl, but I'm practicing a lot...(I got SSBM when it came out too...) I just never really got into that much because without advanced techs, it's no fun. =/ Anyway, I would really like to know when\where this tournament is gonna take place. All I can bring is an SSBM disc LOL. Marth/Falco Pro, explain how much fun 0C3 was to me. xD

Salaad

Smash Ace
No...but it's gonna be sometime soon I guess...We need more tournies in Irvine!!!111!11
and I need to get better...A lot better...

Top Bottom