• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Haha *memories* <3 I played Jam at like the first 387648327 tournaments in CT we both went to.

I totally understand your thoughts on not being on the list...the fact that you aren't on it won't effect how hard to play anyway. I know you, and you'll continue to play and get better regardless of the PR's :)
Haha, Roy vs. Fox. It's like a law that everyone who starts Smash has to main a low tier in the beginning.

Also, since I know BlazBlue is coming out this summer, I'm definitely going to be putting my full attention into that.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Mogwai-Money match Icylights Mewtwo.

I challenge your Falco to a money match too. Don't know if you got my AIM message last night. But I challenge you a five dollar mm.

V-Yeah, his Pikachu is pretty ****. His Ness is really good....for a Ness.

Edit

My second best character is definitely Roy. He is extremely underrated in my opinion. My Roy has gotten so much better lately. <3 Roy

Also-Lets get the Brawl PR's up.

I've decided that I am now going to be playing both Melee, and Brawl.

The only beef I have with Brawl:

Tripping
Edge guarding is non existent on most characters
multiple air dodges is ********
Snake and Meta Knight make the game stupid. (if those two were not in the game or banned, competitive Brawl would be a more acceptable word to use.)

I still don't think Brawl comes anywhere near as close to Melee in terms of a quality game but Brawl is a fun game to play and I'm going to play both now and main Marth make Fox and Sheik my secondaries (Melee chars for life.)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Nesskid is still insanely good and I can see him beating half of the people on that PR list. LOL I played him like two weeks ago and his IC's were still incredibly amazing. I was able to still beat him and dominate but his YL is incredible and give him about a month and he'll destroy CT.
am I the only one who doesn't understand the logic in this post?
you aren't on the CT rankings
you "dominate" nesskid
therefore
nesskid will soon destroy CT!

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont think snake should be banned at all. and he has bad matchups

i really dont feel like repeated what ive been saying, especially since my replies are all "if someone requests not to be on it, then theyre not on it"

pockyD

Smash Legend
i also actually was at one of the first RRs

that's beside the point though; I don't think I've brought up any individual players' skills... in fact, I don't think I've brought up any individual people, period. I don't see why it would be relevant whether or not I've smashed with CT in recent history

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Fox vs Falco it is! $1 MM best of 5? For the honor of us old farts <(o.o)b
lol, you're on. but to be fair, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, so I'm not sure old farts is the right term.

Mogwai-Money match Icylights Mewtwo.
If he wants to, I will.

I challenge your Falco to a money match too. Don't know if you got my AIM message last night. But I challenge you a five dollar mm.
Ok, sure. I didn't get the AIM message cause I was busy 1a2a3aing my carriers and zealots into thumbs' base :laugh:

am I the only one who doesn't understand the logic in this post?
you aren't on the CT rankings
you "dominate" nesskid
therefore
nesskid will soon destroy CT!
lol, I noticed this too, but I decided to ignore it @ first.

i really dont feel like repeated what ive been saying, especially since my replies are all "if someone requests not to be on it, then theyre not on it"
we're mostly over that debate, but for the record I think that asking not to be on PR shouldn't be a valid reason to not be included on them. as I've said previously though, I think Jam's inability to attend the vast majority of tournies is reason enough to leave him off.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I'll be totally honest, I don't think trademark was the best idea for a panelist because of crew bias. Intentional or unintentional it's gonna be there.

#5. Trade - Stop having epeen flailing fights with PoF. They are seriously annoying.
...... crew biased? what r u talking about? theres no evidence of this claim AT ALL

and "stop" having fights with pof? i disagreed with him and after realizing exactly how many ppl there are instate, he does travel more than me.

V - zk works a lot and cant really go to many things

noodles

Smash Champion
i wasnt debating where he should be on the list though. just the whole requesting to be off thing

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ok, sure. I didn't get the AIM message cause I was busy 1a2a3aing my carriers and zealots into thumbs' base :laugh:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BURN IN HELL FOR USING MY FAVORITE UNIT AGAINST ME

lol jk all those matches were a lot of fun. I'd like to think I'm getting better, but I seriously need to work on expanding.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you let people request not to be on, then it kills the accuracy and credibility of the rest of the list

there's only one person off right now (setting aside the fact that you actually consider him inactive, which i'd say is acceptable)... but say 3 more people request off; the "top 10" list is suddenly really a "top 14", with 4 people that are ambiguously placed and therefore don't offer people seeking to get on the list // improve within the list an opportunity to prove themselves by playing these players

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, ultimately it depends on who the power rank is for. As I see it, a power rank is for people in state to aspire towards and people out of state to have a general idea of the skill of players in state for purposes of like, seeding or finding someone on their level if they're passing through, w/e. If we agree that these are the general goals of a power rank, then it's silly to just exclude the people who don't care because frankly, their not caring doesn't change the value of their ranking.

EDIT: Pocky says stuff better than I most of the time :p

oh, IcyLight, I think he meant Mewtwo dittos. I wouldn't want you to give me a dollar to get spiked 4 times :p. Mewtwo vs. Falco is pretty **** stupid (not as stupid as Marth, Fox, or Falcon, but roughly as stupid as Sheik).

trademark0013

Smash Champion
if you let people request not to be on, then it kills the accuracy and credibility of the rest of the list

there's only one person off right now (setting aside the fact that you actually consider him inactive, which i'd say is acceptable)... but say 3 more people request off; the "top 10" list is suddenly really a "top 14", with 4 people that are ambiguously placed and therefore don't offer people seeking to get on the list // improve within the list an opportunity to prove themselves by playing these players
well, ultimately it depends on who the power rank is for. As I see it, a power rank is for people in state to aspire towards and people out of state to have a general idea of the skill of players in state for purposes of like, seeding or finding someone on their level if they're passing through, w/e. If we agree that these are the general goals of a power rank, then it's silly to just exclude the people who don't care because frankly, their not caring doesn't change the value of their ranking.
i gotcha. these make sense.

Aesir

Smash Master
...... crew biased? what r u talking about? theres no evidence of this claim AT ALL

and "stop" having fights with pof? i disagreed with him and after realizing exactly how many ppl there are instate, he does travel more than me.

V - zk works a lot and cant really go to many things
Because crew bias has happened in the past? Even the most objective people I've met have been victim of crew bias. This is why we have such a large panel, that way even if it exists it won't be factor.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
falco vs mewtwo on FD with no lasers
it still ain't pretty, lol. but it's a lot closer to even. I just love how easy Mewtwo is to techchase. His tech takes roughly 1,000,000 years to complete, so even Falco can techchase -> dair really easily, lol.

EDIT:

RE: Crew Bias:
get off Trade's nuts, everyone has biases, that's why it's a panel, not just 1 person. The only reason I knew of that Trade wasn't there when we were discussing was that we couldn't reach him to get in on the convo.

Aesir

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not saying he shouldn't be on it, maybe at first because of the whole crew bias argument. Then I thought about it and realized there's way to many of us for that to be a factor.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i understand crew biased concerns, but even still, based off what i've posted recently has that been the case?
i said what i thought and gave supporting reasons for it

and even still what crew am i biased towards? we dont even really play like that anymore, zk fell of the face of the earth, silvadragon is chillin in the student center not playing melee, and sean sux (love you sean)

Aesir

Smash Master
i understand crew biased concerns, but even still, based off what i've posted recently has that been the case?
i said what i thought and gave supporting reasons for it

and even still what crew am i biased towards? we dont even really play like that anymore, zk fell of the face of the earth, silvadragon is chillin in the student center not playing melee, and sean sux (love you sean)
If anything you'd probably be biased over Mike$ like I am over Spawn LOL. Hence why it's really not a factor.

Besides you seem to be okay with the PR so it I think any concerns are thrown out the window lol.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i dont see how saying someone is good is biased by any means, especially when they (spawn and mike) have both proven themselves to be competent players.

yea the list is fine by most ppl in this state. are there any other concerns about it in general?

after the list concerns are done, we can all talk about melee :)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Seb, don't say that. Other people will start doing that and then this thread will get closed and then I'll leave swf because it's no fun. :(

Trade is just as biased as the rest of us.

Melee is a great game. If my sata card comes in the mail today I'm going to get really good at SF4/shooting games. I'm also going to Darkdragoon's house if that happens.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
how did my reasons not make any sense?
?????

reasons for what? I assume the Jam thing...

Jam's omission from the PR is due to an ambiguous, he-can't-attend-most-tournies feeling from the panel. I suppose a more concrete activity requirement would be better for legal purposes, but it's hard to define activity in concrete terms with the current state of the Melee scene. *shrugs*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, you didn't really give an explanation. I don't think the comment was aimed at you, but you still didn't really explain your feelings on the issue in enough depth to convince someone who feels there is nothing wrong with someone being omitted from the list because they asked to be.

noodles

Smash Champion
well, you didn't really give an explanation. I don't think the comment was aimed at you, but you still didn't really explain your feelings on the issue in enough depth to convince someone who feels there is nothing wrong with someone being omitted from the list because they asked to be.
eh fair enough

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I played goldshadow once at milktea's tournament. LOL, oh memories. Yeah, he wasn't that good. Lock is probably still beast and nesskid was good too. I always wanted to rematch nesskid since I had no idea how to fight ice climbers back then. He just like wavedashed a lot and dsmashed and I lost... not even that much chaingrabbing. >< Haha.

I see everyone's reasons to keep people on the list even if they don't want to and I guess it makes sense. The old ones were about promoting healthy competition and adding someone who doesn't care about getting better is like >_>. But yeah, that does make a very inaccurate list but only one person has requested it so far so it can't be that bad. That is actually why the old list wasn't updated because everyone just wanted to be off so the new list would've been silly. I totally started it though, I'm just a trend setter.

But yeah, Jam should be on since he has been active recently. He can be taken off in the future if he isn't active. Guy is too good, I remember at VLS he 4 stocked me. I was like, ****. At least I think he did... he'll have to confirm, my memory of VLS sucks since I only went for like... I left before the tournament started. -.-

Top Bottom