• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've been told that they sell them at anime conventions for $20 (i've never been, but I don't know why someone would lie about it)

I got mine from a friend who bought it in asia

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i've been told that they sell them at anime conventions for $20 (i've never been, but I don't know why someone would lie about it)

I got mine from a friend who bought it in asia
T-T But I won't be going to another one of those until Julyyyy.
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
So my friend is making this smash battle animation, and she wants votes from smash players on characters to use and a stage.

Gimme dem votes.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
More like...Mewtwo.

Lots of Mewtwo. By which I mean 1 Mewtwo.

But doing lots of badass stuff. Because other than dying, Mewtwo is really good at badass stuff.

FD.

-DD

_V_

Smash Ace
Thanks so much for your help guys!

So if I buy those 2 1gb sticks can I add it to what I have to have 3gb total or no?

*looks up GeForce graphics cards to see how expensive they are*

edit//...man I have no idea what I am looking for. LOL someone link me something good! <3

And I just would have to install the drivers once I installed the hardware, correct? It should work fine after that?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If you are part of the smash community and you do not like Falcon on Yoshis Story, you're a moron.

Also

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209533

Newbs for brawl V?
No, thats LLHSIII, not NfBV. Duh.

So if I buy those 2 1gb sticks can I add it to what I have to have 3gb total or no?
Nope! When you get those sticks, you open up your computer, remove the ones you have, and drop those in their place.

So you'll have 2Gigs. =D Yay.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

trademark0013

Smash Champion

_V_

Smash Ace
I have 4 slots >.> lol

Dumb computers...I wish I could just build one from scratch.

...or be rich and buy an Alienware just for the case.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I have 4 slots >.> lol

I built my girlfriend one and it came out to $330 i think. Dual core, 4GB ddr2 memory and a 250gb drive it runs amazing. It's really not that much at all.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
yea PoF i wanted to ask about that. Whats the pluses about installing Linux on the PS3 that u kno of?
Well, I've been doing some digging around and apparently you can basic emulators at this point. That is probably one of the key attractions to installing Linux. Most people install either Ubuntu (noob friendly and simple to use) or go for Yellow Dog. Considering the fact that YDL has been updated twice since I last installed Ubuntu i'm going to remove Ubuntu which was a pain in the *** to install and give YDL a go. because I found multiple guides that look like its very straight through.

You can run Mozilla from YDL, media programs as another source to launch your music, movies, photos, etc to keep them more organized, emulators, and I think install and run other various apps. Basically, you have the 60 or 80GB ps3...it is worth it in my opinion to just fool around with it.

If you have the 30 or 40....don't waste your time because you'll probably need that partitioned hard drive space to save for games like GTa, Devil May Cry, etc. I'm also pretty sure that there are people working on an N64 emulator. I predict in the future that XBOX and Dreamcast games emulated on the PS3 will not be a problem due to the power of the PS3.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much for your help guys!

*looks up GeForce graphics cards to see how expensive they are*

edit//...man I have no idea what I am looking for. LOL someone link me something good! <3

And I just would have to install the drivers once I installed the hardware, correct? It should work fine after that?
For video cards, I suggest a Geforce 8600, unless your going to be playing games like Fallout 3 at full settings.

No, thats LLHSIII, not NfBV. Duh.

Nope! When you get those sticks, you open up your computer, remove the ones you have, and drop those in their place.

So you'll have 2Gigs. =D Yay.
-DD
He can just put that ram in and it will be fine. As long as he pairs the new sticks closest to the cpu. He should have a 32bit mother board so there should be 4 slots.

Actually when was the last time they made motherboards with 2 slots? I know back in the late 90's when SD was popular mother boards only had 3 slots, but then ddr came around.

I have 4 slots >.> lol

If you want an awsome case there is a mac model that can actually hold up to the full 32gigs that vista can use. One of my room mates has it but only has like 12 gigs in it.

Edit- Today is my last day in ct :( I leave for florida in like 4 hours.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well, I've been doing some digging around and apparently you can basic emulators at this point. That is probably one of the key attractions to installing Linux. Most people install either Ubuntu (noob friendly and simple to use) or go for Yellow Dog. Considering the fact that YDL has been updated twice since I last installed Ubuntu i'm going to remove Ubuntu which was a pain in the *** to install and give YDL a go. because I found multiple guides that look like its very straight through.

You can run Mozilla from YDL, media programs as another source to launch your music, movies, photos, etc to keep them more organized, emulators, and I think install and run other various apps. Basically, you have the 60 or 80GB ps3...it is worth it in my opinion to just fool around with it.

If you have the 30 or 40....don't waste your time because you'll probably need that partitioned hard drive space to save for games like GTa, Devil May Cry, etc. I'm also pretty sure that there are people working on an N64 emulator. I predict in the future that XBOX and Dreamcast games emulated on the PS3 will not be a problem due to the power of the PS3.
I have the original 60GB...i wish theres a method to stream isos in the future or something.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
For video cards, I suggest a Geforce 8600, unless your going to be playing games like Fallout 3 at full settings.

He can just put that ram in and it will be fine. As long as he pairs the new sticks closest to the cpu. He should have a 32bit mother board so there should be 4 slots.

Actually when was the last time they made motherboards with 2 slots? I know back in the late 90's when SD was popular mother boards only had 3 slots, but then ddr came around.

If you want an awsome case there is a mac model that can actually hold up to the full 32gigs that vista can use. One of my room mates has it but only has like 12 gigs in it.

Edit- Today is my last day in ct :( I leave for florida in like 4 hours.
>=3 I didn't know he had 4 slots. The last time I opened up a computer was when it had 2 slots. <_< I messed with computers at an early age lol.

>____> AND WHATS IN FLORIDA THAT YOU NEED SO BAD?

Also;
They have a new device that is this USB Cord thingy that you attach to the Wii and run an ISO off your PC, and it'll play on your Wii[Obviously Wii/GC ISOs will only work]. So as soon as they can take that a step farther and let me use an ISO straight off the Wii/SDCard, I'm all there.

Or I'll just Jew out ahead of time and buy the cord. LOL.
-DD

_V_

Smash Ace

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814145153 Is that one good?

And this should work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134045

It is what DD linked me before. I just have to put the 2 1gb closest to the cpu then?

On my memory is says : 1Rx8 PC2 - 4200U...is that what I needed to find...lmao

So this then: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144157

Look, I'm learning!
Technically if your motherboard doesn't support higher speed memory then you would need the 4200 (your last link). If your mobo does support the higher speeds, you can get the 5300, but it will only run as fast as the 4200 if you mix them together.

IM me or something if you're looking to build a new budget PC (or anything really). If you don't know anything about building computers and you don't want to or don't have time to learn, then just keep an eye on deal sites for cheap PCs. www.slickdeals.net

Other than getting a new computer, upgrading RAM and video card is a good way to go, as others have mentioned. I've never heard of Chaintech, but the reviews are OK so *shrug*. I'd recommend going with a name brand for your video card (XFX, EVGA are probably the best).

You can find out what your mobo supports by using a memory finder like this: http://www.corsair.com/
Most memory and PC component websites have something like this.

Top Bottom