• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
Because Sakurai never envisioned Brawl as a fighting game. It was a casual party game that had the same ported mechanics and basic structure as his previous casual party game that (whoopsie-daisy) had a ton of glitches that MADE it a fighting game.

As such, things like tripping were seen in the same light as the Secret Star space in Mario Party. Just something random thrown in for funsies. Because that's what the game is about; randomness and 'fun'.
Very true. It is sad that it was the wrong type of randomness, even casual and friendly players don't enjoy the trip mechanic.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone live in central CT and wana play melee on occasion?

Sox

Smash Journeyman
oo i didnt know that. any plans of doing that sometime soonish? i have a rare few weeks free. I have a facebook, but dont really ever go on it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I was going to see if Sergio could bring his Melee/Cube. He lives near PP so he might be driving down.

iRJi

Smash Champion
After some hard though, and discussion with my other TO's and helpers, I have decided to make this event BOTH Brawl and Melee! Rulesets for both events have been updated! Make sure you check it out.

Follow this thread closely! Updates will happen periodically and may include changes in time the event starts, and ETC!

Spread the word, and tell your friends!

Collision V! Now BRAWL and MELEE!

SmashBoards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326022
AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13613
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/448067268580627/

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh, you mean when Saint had the honor of being on my stream?
i actually ironically got there by looking for your stream and not finding it.
then i remembered but was disinterested in more lol watching.

i get back in january. i miss low tier matches with chris.
i also owe sean 20 bucks still lol.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
should i go to apex on my way back to wesleyan? it's a week before classes start and i'm tempted to go play smash and hang out with my east coast homies sooner rather than later.

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
should i go to apex on my way back to wesleyan? it's a week before classes start and i'm tempted to go play smash and hang out with my east coast homies sooner rather than later.
You go to Wesleyan? I'm in Middletown, I have people over for smash all the time. You should join us sometime.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
You go to Wesleyan? I'm in Middletown, I have people over for smash all the time. You should join us sometime.
i am in my home state this semester, i don't come back until january :3
but i will be down for sure. when rep lived in middletown we had a few gatherings with his crew and nus (shoutout to my long lost doubles partner and friend), i have been missing that for a long time. there are a couple of smashers at wes, too. fraser and miles graduated but i think ben is still there, they used to have other people over to play so i am hoping to find more melee players who don't use the boards at wes when i go back, too.

edit: also i am a huge scrub, i need someone to help me learn teching, ledge dancing, and how to use fox's reflector like the dbr videos

Top Bottom