• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I hadn't seen it until last week when my co-worker lent me the director's cut even though Ebert named it the best film of 98 it still took me this long to see it haha. I don't know what it is about director's cuts that turns me off, I always have a problem watching them. I get the idea in my head that they're always inferior to the theatrical release, I dunno why.

But anyways, I found it interesting and pretty good. I find the opening of the original cut better (not necessarily Keifer Sutherland's narration) but the fact that it shows all the people falling asleep before the opening title. In the director's cut it just shows Sutherland looking at his watch and walking and you have no idea what the **** is going on.

Jennifer Connolly's presence warrants four stars right there LOL now I remember that Hulk was the one of the other pier movies of her. What was the third one?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm gonna take that action, Aesir. If you actually talk to this girl and learn about her, I'm gonna believe that she's none of those things, but something far worse. Someone who knows absolutely nothing about movies or music.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The uninteresting ones are usually stupid, so you can just do some pretty basic stuff and they'll probably sleep with you.

This repeating game is fun.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Jennifer Connolly's presence warrants four stars right there LOL now I remember that Hulk was the one of the other pier movies of her. What was the third one?
It doesn't happen in HULK, iirc. Dark City, Requiem for a Dream and House of Sand & Fog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eByWIlKgna8 btw if you ever want to kill yourself eight times, watch House of Sand & Fog.

Hot girl in front row of my class.

10 bucks says she's either

1. A lesbian
2. Has a kid
3. seeing someone
4. a total *****

or mix of all four.
5. just not that into you

:c

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think there's a scene of her near some water in Hulk so that counts LOL also Blood Diamond, I am pretty sure she's got a similar scene somewhere in there. I could be mixing all these together though, hard to remember the actual scene when you're looking at such a beautiful woman

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
so at work today i picked up a lot of sweet movies on VHS (some still in their OG wrapping)
including:
Batman (with Nicholson)
Batman Returns (wrapped)
Batman Forever (wrapped
COOL ****ING RUNNINGS (WRAPPED)
A Christman Story
Hook (wrapped)
Jumanji
The Fifth Element (wrapped)
Home Alone (opened with wrappings covering it)
Mrs. Doubtfire (opened with wrappings covering it)
TMNT The Movie
The Untouchables

all fo free ;D

thumbswayup

Smash Master
aOUYUOFtsUOFgswufuosfdhuodsfhds'fhods'fhs'dfas

You guys are kidding right

I don't think I've ever seen a movie where the director draws as much attention to his style as that one (perhaps Scarface, but that's an awesome movie and this one sucks). Remember the unbroken POV of the dude right before Sean Connery's dies? It's like the worst 2 or 3 minutes I've ever seen. (note: Connery's actual death scene is amazing). There are cool things in the movie (the baby carriage scene mostly) but Kevin Costner being cringe worthy the entire movie coupled with DePalma's annoying direction just makes the whole thing blow. Like I said, some cool scenes, but overall it's not something I ever want to watch all the way through again.

NOW YOU THINK ABOUT THAT WHEN I BEAT THE RAP

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmfao Wes Scarface has some serious problems, but I think it's ****ing awesome as hell anyway.

haha Chris watch Untoucables again. I think you might see what I'm talking about if you do.

Top Bottom