• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't call the virus plaguing the world right now "Corona-chan", you creep.
I see it as a coping mechanism.

You know how some people make jokes when they're stressed. That's really all I think it is.

That aside, back to ARMS.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It's still technically morning in Japan. Nintendo can still announce something today....right?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Since Nintendo was revealing stuff pretty consistently on a Thursday or Wednesday before the Corona mess happened, maybe we'll see a return to form and it'll be on Thursday, the day after the Pokemon DLC?

Dukefire

Smash Master
We still don't know really. Honestly, the news will come when they are ready regarding if we fans expected it or not

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now to wait for the inevitable Jump Rope Bunny support thread.

"More relevant than Geno" they will say, and we shall all suffer them.
Well I'm not gonna make it now you spoiled the surprise.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
may i suggest i hypothetical scenario? some things in japan have picked up i believe, the pokemon anime has started production again, so is it not possible that nintendo are now able to make a small direct with stuff they wanted to show at e3?

Well I'm not gonna make it now you spoiled the surprise.
drat i wanted to show my support

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
See? Jump Rope Bunny and new Lego set. Competing for the spotlight with Pokémon DLC wasn't a problem at all.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Looks like this week we'll get the total ammount of 0 Smash news. Pokémon just announced a presentation for tomorrow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Jump Rope Challenge is proof that it doesn't matter if anything gets "cannibalized" by the hype for Pokémon Swish's Expansion Pass. It's also proof that work at home in Japan is possible.

Never thought that something this silly and simple would prove both of those things, but there ya go.

As for ARMS, I figure we may hear of something sometime within the next couple of Thursdays, or the 30th, I dunno. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah we probably aren't getting anything this week. At least it confirms it's coming next week so that's cool

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I think Jump Rope Challenge is proof that it doesn't matter if anything gets "cannibalized" by the hype for Pokémon Swish's Expansion Pass. It's also proof that work at home in Japan is possible.

Never thought that something this silly and simple would prove both of those things, but there ya go.

As for ARMS, I figure we may hear of something sometime within the next couple of Thursdays, or the 30th, I dunno. :drshrug:
Its gonna be the 30th. Lmao The ARMS character in Smash to Nintendo is considered their "Big June Release" since they have nothing else. Their gonna wait to the very end of the month like they do with 90% of their big game releases.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Its gonna be the 30th. Lmao The ARMS character in Smash to Nintendo is considered their "Big June Release" since they have nothing else. Their gonna wait to the very end of the month like they do with 90% of their big game releases.
E3 basically doesn't exist anymore and everyone else is either doing their own E3 or Direct (hell, Geoff Keighley's has his go for over 4 MONTHS). In a context where solid plans can easily go up in smoke and a "real" direct wouldn't really stand out among the rest, might as well just release or announce what they got that's nearly, almost or is ready. This thread only expects the ARMS character anyway.

If the ARMS character really does take that long, it shows how hard it is to adapt a 3D fighter character into 2D, and somehow some fans are still expected to get a Tekken character if the ARMS one takes that much effort.

Yeah we probably aren't getting anything this week. At least it confirms it's coming next week so that's cool
At this stage, I'm waiting to see if they'll announce an event of some sort at around 9 PM EST tonight so we can just move along the goalpost to next week.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there'll be something this week Smash releated but let's enjoy (either playing or taking the p### out of) the Pokemon DLC first

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Speaking of that, there's an 11-minute last-minute news stream for tomorrow. Can't possibly imagine what that would entail.
Apparently it's not just about SWSH DLC. Maybe we'll finally see Sleep in action? Or Rescue Team DX getting DLC? Heck, maybe even a new spinoff altogether? I've given up predicting Pokemon...

Trevenant

Smash Lord
E3 basically doesn't exist anymore and everyone else is either doing their own E3 or Direct (hell, Geoff Keighley's has his go for over 4 MONTHS). In a context where solid plans can easily go up in smoke and a "real" direct wouldn't really stand out among the rest, might as well just release or announce what they got that's nearly, almost or is ready. This thread only expects the ARMS character anyway.

If the ARMS character really does take that long, it shows how hard it is to adapt a 3D fighter character into 2D, and somehow some fans are still expected to get a Tekken character if the ARMS one takes that much effort.

At this stage, I'm waiting to see if they'll announce an event of some sort at around 9 PM EST tonight so we can just move along the goalpost to next week.
Unless the ARMS character straight up has 3D elements somewhere, it is almost definitely not taking so long just because they are from a 3D game. It is more likely due to the entire gimmick of the extendable ARMS which they are trying to implement to reflect how it is in ARMS while keeping it balanced. This ARMS character has the potential to be the weakest or strongest character in the game but they'd probably prefer to keep it middle ground. Either way it's probably got nothing to do with the 3D aspect so I don't see how this affects Tekken in any real way not that I expect it next

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unless the ARMS character straight up has 3D elements somewhere, it is almost definitely not taking so long just because they are from a 3D game. It is more likely due to the entire gimmick of the extendable ARMS which they are trying to implement to reflect how it is in ARMS while keeping it balanced. This ARMS character has the potential to be the weakest or strongest character in the game but they'd probably prefer to keep it middle ground. Either way it's probably got nothing to do with the 3D aspect so I don't see how this affects Tekken in any way not that I expect it next
Given that, is there any credence to the "uses more than one ARMS/uses other characters' abilities" theories? If it's the hardest fighter to make so far.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Given that, is there any credence to the "uses more than one ARMS/uses other characters' abilities" theories? If it's the hardest fighter to make so far.
I thought it using several ARMS/gloves was a given. I would think it'd be pretty boring if Spring Man came and he only used the toasters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Smash fans: We want the ARMS rep.
Nintendo: Here's more Pokemon content and an rabbit jump rope game instead.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tbf these presentations are done at least 1 or 2 months in advance so it's probably been set in stone next week for a while
That, and Game Freak/The Pokémon Company are a second-party, so they don't have much bearing on what Nintendo's departments do.

Well we did accept the last week of June was a possibility, I just hope they will reveal FP7 too.
I'm okay with it as long as we don't get a "Team Next Week", "Team June 30th" and "Team Delay" in the process.

Also, (possibly) unrelated note, but is anyone else finding it strange how Activision is skipping every opportunity possible to have news for the next Crash game? The further we get into this June, the more baffling this gets.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess if there’s one good thing about today it’s that the leak that says Spring Man with alts of the other characters being revealed today is for all intents and purposes dead

never was a fan of that rumor

plus they said “a character from ARMS” singular, not “characters from ARMS” plural soooo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess if there’s one good thing about today it’s that the leak that says Spring Man with alts of the other characters being revealed today is for all intents and purposes dead

plus they said “a character from ARMS” singular, not “characters from ARMS” plural soooo
Well we're right back where we started: don't know what the fighter will come with, exactly. If one has to go the literal route, Twintelle being disqualified because of using hair instead of arms would have to be brought up by some fans yet again.

Also, :ultlittlemac: being revealed on an anniversary for Smash 4 is nothing more than a coincidence.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

We can't trust singulars and plurals unless we know the context of the original Japanese.

Another little wrinkle of frustration for Smash speculation.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

You could say the same for Hero too I guess as they were referred to with singular pronouns in some promotional stuff iirc. One character probably just means one character in the sense that's how many were made. It pretty much kills echoes or a Pokemon trainer situation which is several unique movesets in one but pretty much no one was expecting any of those scenarios anyway

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We can't trust singulars and plurals unless we know the context of the original Japanese.

Another little wrinkle of frustration for Smash speculation.
Yeah, that's right, NOA's translations are occasionally unreliable. Like the "more worlds" thing. If only PushDustIn PushDustIn was here.

At any rate, I honestly think the ARMS fighter isn't to tie into anything recent or upcoming in particular (unless one counts the perpetually WIP comic), so we definitely should expect the existing cast.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I guess next week is when we'll likely see both the reveals and the release of FP6 given how next week is the last full week of June. This late into the month, they need to reveal FP7 too to make up for how long it's been at this point

Dukefire

Smash Master
We still got Wednesday if an announcement appears, so one more shot before going towards next week

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I guess next week is when we'll likely see both the reveals and the release of FP6 given how next week is the last full week of June. This late into the month, they need to reveal FP7 too to make up for how long it's been at this point
If it's a Sakurai showcase then they almost definitely won't. It depends if it's a direct but it's probably safe to say we will only get the ARMS character. They would have branded it a smash direct if they were revealing several characters so that's kind of what it hinges on. I'd personally only expect 6 this month but 7 maybe July?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If it's a Sakurai showcase then they almost definitely won't. It depends if it's a direct but it's probably safe to say we will only receive the ARMS character. They would have branded it a smash direct if they were revealing several characters so that's kind of what it hinges on. I'd personally only expect 6 this month but 7 maybe July?
I severely doubt it's going to be just 1 reveal, especially given that this is the month of E3. Just because E3 was cancelled doesn't mean they don't have the reveal trailer and potential release date for FP7 done

Top Bottom