• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I agree with the fact that it looks like a minion. It has no distinct evil character looking qualities. He is simple, and doesn't look like he has a mind of his own in my opinion.
What? I don't think that he looks simple, he looks sick, mysterious and evil, i'm hoping that he's playable.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It was just strange to see that the snapshot immediately after the Halberd showed up (Meta Knight's ship), they placed a picture of that weird little guy. I think it's safe to assume at this point that he's either going to be a FightingPolygon/WireFrame-esque miniboss, a 1Player Mode specific boss like MasterHand in Classic Mode and Bowser in Adventure Mode, or a secret boss like CrazyHand and Giga Bowser.

And I think I've come to accept the possibility that Meta will probably be a secret character.
(sigh):urg:

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
What? I don't think that he looks simple, he looks sick, mysterious and evil, i'm hoping that he's playable.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he was playable. Look at G&W, he's the most simple looking character EVER and he was playable, why wouldn't the "minion" be playable?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Because the minion is JUST a simple looking character and not an important part of Nintendo's history and i personally believe that the character gets turned into this thing in some way and you have to fight him as for the clouds they must the the bosses of the one player mode (Hoping that this time its an actual story mode).

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Now, I do not take credit for pionting this out, someone else already posted something like this in another thread I saw.....

But I doubt that purple dude is any kind of boss...not solely due to his simplistic design, but if you look closely, it looks like there are more of him spawning in the backround.

Probably just some kind of enemy..

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Not to be a mod or anything but XDsGrr as your new i wont flame you but use the edit button instead of double posting and try not to waste a post just posting obvious things like that (Seeing as people would really start flaming you).

But anyways can you all see Master hand in those clouds? (Does this mean he is back and hopefully has a bigger part in the game now?)(Not like we can tell any of those things from clouds but...)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dainbramage:

Yeah have to be respawning, look at the weird looking guy in the pic, he has those purple dots too, and im guessing thats how they appear, after a large concentration or purple dots unite they are summon or something...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well actually they looks more like those things from the twilight realm which Zant uses to turn link into a wolf.

But they are just effects they have nothing to do with any thing and they are defiantly respawning... or consuming...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think that something on top of its head... hmm... maybe a antenna for picking up commands from the halberd... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
He's just on the level of a fighting wire frame! Just like them and the polygons, this thing is a fighter created out of video game realted material, his being old Nintendo systems.
Well even if you do think he's just on the level of a fighting wire frame, I would of liked to be one of them too.

Depster

Smash Champion
It looks like that dog thingy trophy in melee, the black and white dog made of like 6 rectangles that are papar thin, you guys know what I'm talking bout? BTW, hi guys, ya miss me?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
It looks like that dog thingy trophy in melee, the black and white dog made of like 6 rectangles that are papar thin, you guys know what I'm talking bout? BTW, hi guys, ya miss me?
Sorry I don't know what you are talking about with that dog.
Sorry, but I have not missed you, I don't know you.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually, I'm fairly sure the Console-man may be playable….that is if he doesn't show up in more incarnations. The FWF and the FPT were all based around existing characters, so outside of their looks, they wouldn’t contribute much. If this guy is different from any other character, then he may be playable as well

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and Depstar that dog actually came from a game you know (Named cuboid or something) don't think it was released outside of japan.

Depster

Smash Champion
Well at first glance I thought it looked similar, cause the the rectangle under the eyes appears to stick out, I thought it looked like the dog thingy's mouth.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Easy why is the background of this update black while the others are white?
Touche. However, it is important to note that Sakurai thinks it is important. That does not necessarily mean that it is something we would all agree was important (or at least immediately agree). I mean, let's face it, he's sounded pretty darned excited about some pretty trivial stuff so far. And who could blame him? Sounds like this game is really his baby.

Anyhow, my point is I think it would be reading too much into the info he gave us to say that the crazy looking dude is a boss, especially given the fact that he's not that menacing (not gonna lie, I might've laughed when I first saw him). I'm going to agree with the idea that he's a minion/wireframe-wannabe.

Is it me, or has my level of contribution been plummeting recently? Dangit, think smart, Andy! :mad:

Ben the ultimate

Smash Apprentice
nearly all of the 12 characters from the first Smash bros are in it but only 7 been confirmed and one of them is semi-confirmed which means Yoshi is going to be Confirmed soon the rest of them should be confirmed soon.

The Incredible Giant Cannon

Smash Apprentice
You're talking about the panda dog from the future release thing?

AS for video game man, we're assuming that he plays any role other than to tell Mario and Kirby something. Or something else. I don't think if he's at the fighting wire frame's level, it would be a playable character. Plus, if he was at that level, he would resemble a character from brawl. Right? Fighting polygons did. Wire frames did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom