• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
My review:
*Song Of Storms - Very cool opening. Reminds me (stylistically) of Shadow Of The Colossus, but with more vigor and pulse.
*Epona's Song - A more energetic take on the original. Not bad.
*Song Of Time - Weird, but kind of fitting. Sounds similar to the Wire Frame fight songs or whatever.
*Saria's Song - LOVE. So dramatic and exciting!
*Zelda's Lullaby - Like SOS, it sounds soft but carries so much energy.

Overall, a fantastic taste of SSBB music and a wonderful capsulization of the beautiful score that is LoZ: OoT.

Demikeaton

Smash Rookie
The Medley was good, hopefully it goes much longer than that preview and that they add in some of the temple songs eg: Bolero of fire, requiem of spirit, etc.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Zelda already had a decent air game with her fair and bair. Wonder if they just made it better in order to brign her up a bit.

Wolf was in the SSBM trailer by the way... Wonder if that's a hint of things to come.

He got just as much exposure as Fox.

Twilighter

Smash Rookie
mwah I don't really think Wolfen is going to be in ssbb it would be like mario and doctor mario same charactor with same abilities just with a different outfit.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
^What???

How is Fox and Wolf comparable to Mario and Dr. Mario? You do realize Fox and Wolf are totally different people, right?

roy_owns

Smash Lord
OOT music? This will open up new characters we've took out after the Zelda update. It even makes me think twice about Sheik as well.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
OoT music, in my mind, just gives a chance of a second theme tune in a Twilight Princess styled map... or a WindWaker map ( That would be soooo awesome), so uh... yeah; there goes that topic.

I know we stopped the discussion about Star Wolf, but still; let us go on, anyway; it leaves room for debate - what forums are all about! I personally think there could be a tertiary Star Fox character (if we're considereing that Falco is in, which is, perhaps, likely), however I believe that said tertiary character is not likely to be Star Wolf, because he hasn't featured in the series since Lylat Wings, or Star Fox 64, to all Americans! This game was out on the N64, which is 11 years old! Nintendo likes to be fresh, so the next new character is perhaps more likely to be another hero, Krystal, because of her recent appearances in the series. Although, perhaps Star Fox will be appearing less and less in these games now, because of its Namco-ness.

The Kirby series however, is still very much alive and loved by all Nintendophiles, such as myself (2nd favourite series after... MARIO! and before... POKEMON!), as well as all the main staff of Nintendo, such as Satoru Iwata, who originated in HAL Laboratries (Which made Kirby) and Masahiro Sakurai, who has only just come out of HAL Labs. Thus far, we know of Kirby and Metaknight. I say King Dedede is next. Thoughts?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
Sir jigsbee we are having that exact same debate in the wiseguy thread and yes krystal will probably be there

sakurai wants more females and villains so falco is the most in danger

Also another reason dedede will be in there is because he is one of the highest ranked character in sakurai's polls

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well gotta love the update, all of ocarinas best songs into one, the part I dont lke in the song is eponas song, but just hearing zelda lullaby at the end gave me chills...

And please people dont go: "OMG OoT songs!1! Y. link, skull kid are in!!1!one" believe me sooner or later its gonna happen...
OOT music? This will open up new characters we've took out after the Zelda update. It even makes me think twice about Sheik as well.
I KNEW that would happen, ok look:

"Among the songs played in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time were many famous tunes that had a profound effect on the future of the series. "

Ok what he meant is that the songs in OoT kinda inspired songs for future zelda games, and they are still used today in games like TP, it DOESNT mean exactly that OoT character will be in brawl... theres a shot but highly... HIGHLY doubt it...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Definitely, OoT put the music in Zelda on the map. Notice how, even in TP, they found a way to integrate the classic songs into gameplay even without a playable instrument (through the beying of the wolfs).

Today's update... eh... I had a feeling they would incorporate the banana peel sometime, it was just a matter of time. What I didn't expect though is that they didn't use the MK version of the banana peel, the one with eyes. Nor did they tie it into the DK series. But I guess you really can't put a copyright on fruit... unless it's Chiquita.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
From Princess Zelda to banana peels, huh? Don't get me wrong, it's better than those "How to play" updates, but I really didn't feel like it was worth waiting a whole day to hear about banana peels. Especially with the only information regarding them being more or less everything I've ever known about banana peels.

Sakurai, yes, that joke is understood everywhere. Its just not funny. Anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, though; I'm sure it'll be a great item. Just a little disapointed in the update, that's all.

On a side note, Dyce, I wouldn't be so sure about copywrites. I hear Paris Hilton actually tried to copywrite the phrase "That's hot." People will try anything for a buck. Or publicity. Or if they're bored. I agree, though; eyes on the banana peels would have made a lot of sense.

Sensai

Smash Master
Andy, you're wrong. Banana Peel's are worse then the How To Play updates. 'Cause with the How To Play ones, it's possible that something might slip or, at worst case scenario, something that we're scared of leaving might be assured of a safe return.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Well... at least the banana peels are a possible sign of Donkey Kong coming (But we knew that anyway - he has his own series - of course he is coming!). Anyway, Devastlian, Nintendo are terrible about 'spilling the beans' on anything. This website with its DAILY updates is probably the closest that they've ever come to doing that.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I know. Just joking with Sensai. I sure hope this is a small hint towards DK being shown soon. It's fine he's not playable in Mario Party anymore but SSBB would be taking it too far; it's not like his series' are dead...Speaking of which, it'd be cool if they released a Donkey Kong adventure game again amidst all of this experimental stuff they've been putting him in. :/

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I said this in another thread but I'll say it again so no one misses it:

I hate music updates. Nothing is worse than music updates imo. Every time I see one the little man inside my head drops a few F-bombs [see: youtube video: anger halo gamer, Croyt or JasonWing vids [hilarious stuff]]. They just don't satisfy me since they offer no information.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
WHAT?! Sheik is already a freakin god in close combat, u want her with longed range weapons?! What in GODS name is wrong with you?!

at Dyce: Believe me shes gone, if she does comeback, Ill personally make a riot, head over the nintendo headquarters and decapitate every kitten I see in the way... and that last part is weird...
would you please not do that some people like sheik and want to see her on brawl :urg::ohwell:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yeah Stryks, I like shiek, and incase you are out of touch with the new news on SSBM, shiek is no longer undefeatable. Actually, she is not even the best in the game anymore

I for one like her, she has simple combos, but they are all easily avoided, so you need fierce mindgames, and a lot of false attacks -> punish.

Anyways, If shiek doesn't make it, I sure hope they re do zelda's moves. Her Metagame is reduce to a very few moves, while look at fox.. He uses all his ariels, all of his b Moves, sometimes all of his smashes. Heres to hoping that if shiek is not in the game, that ZSS will be a good substitute :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Andy, you're wrong. Banana Peel's are worse then the How To Play updates. 'Cause with the How To Play ones, it's possible that something might slip or, at worst case scenario, something that we're scared of leaving might be assured of a safe return.
How to plays are better than Banana Peel's any day...I agree Sensai.

Since there is four controllers to play Brawl with, will there be four how to play's or just one very long one?
-heh-

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
I like the way it's just Fox and Falco their the best, so I hope they stay, but Falco needs his own moves.
This is so true sorry if i just jumped back a few pages on ya but this is true Falco is so cool and they have so much potential with him and i think they could think of a whole new move set for him to make him differnt from foxz and on the wolf subject i think that he has a chance because like some one said ( i for got who lol) said that SSBB will more than likely bring some more female and bad guy chacters to the mix because even though it was fun seeing the good guys smash on each other but some people (like my self) want to either see the good guy smashing the bad guys head in (mario and bowser) or see the bad guy have his time to shine (Ganondorf and link) but thats all i have to say on thay but i also think that with the OoT music they could add in Nabouru (or is she on the other game i forget lol...) But i want to see Veran or Onox so bad but i really want to see ganondorf back but not as a captain clone (even tho he was a kick @$$ crowd control person lol)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I have no idea how you can't like music updates.

They don't contain information about the game?
No.

They ARE PART OF THE GAME.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
How to plays are better than Banana Peel's any day...I agree Sensai.

Since there is four controllers to play Brawl with, will there be four how to play's or just one very long one?
-heh-
Bananas suck. Also, their peels are too cliche to have their own update. But you know what I'd like to see? A blue shell from Mario Kart. You either pick it up or knock into it and it takes off swimming wildly trying to hone in on the player doing the best (the one with the most lives/least %) and it hovers over their heads and shoots down and goes "BA-WOOM!!!". Giant explosion and if you're unlucky enough to be in the blast radius... sucks to be you.

And I think I'm seeing four different "How to Play"s. But what I was wondering is this... can you have one of every controller-type playing at the same time? I can see GC and Classic controllers working together, and Sideways Wii-motes and Wii-mote/Nunchuk Combos working together, but not all 4 at the same time. If they do manage to pull it off though, I'll be exstatic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have no idea how you can't like music updates.

They don't contain information about the game?
No.

They ARE PART OF THE GAME.
Nope, so far we know songs of 2 stages: Battlefield and Delfino plaza. The other songs are just sitting there. Plus there's nothing exciting and satisfying about listening to a quarter of a song over and over again for me. Maybe if it was the whole thing I'd feel better about them but for right now it's fly in my soup to wake up to a music update.

Oh, they don't give info either, well, other than what a stage might sound like, which isn't very interesting at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, I'm probably going to play with the items for a bit because they can be fun. But when I start to get really serious about the game and have seen every character's FS, they're all going right off.

My least favorite updates are special move updates, especially if they're going to give them only two at a time and give them to characters that we already know the moves for. And today's banana peel update... it was so halfassed and pathetic.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Well, I'm probably going to play with the items for a bit because they can be fun. But when I start to get really serious about the game and have seen every character's FS, they're all going right off.

My least favorite updates are special move updates, especially if they're going to give them only two at a time and give them to characters that we already know the moves for. And today's banana peel update... it was so halfassed and pathetic.
I very much agree. that banana should stay in mario kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom