• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This is CONFIRMED Character Discussion. Those three "rumors" are outright lies, and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
You and I the same McFox, I keep advocating this is CONFIRMED character discussion only but everyone ignores me.

I'm more interested in the returning characters at the moment, everyone keeps talking about Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, Snake et al, but what about Mario, Link and Kirby? and lets not forget Pikachu. I don't think any of them have shown any new moves just yet (excluding super moves) but have shown varying speed changes. So what does everybody think of them? and what changes would you all like to see?

Zink

Smash Champion
Hmmm. What I'd REALLY like is a nerf on the top tier characters, but they aren't confirmed yet! Although I would like to see less of a dominance of speedy characters. Maybe the little fast guys do less damage?

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Sporkman said:
You and I the same McFox, I keep advocating this is CONFIRMED character discussion only but everyone ignores me.

I'm more interested in the returning characters at the moment, everyone keeps talking about Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, Snake et al, but what about Mario, Link and Kirby? and lets not forget Pikachu. I don't think any of them have shown any new moves just yet (excluding super moves) but have shown varying speed changes. So what does everybody think of them? and what changes would you all like to see?
The changes I'm hoping to see are that they improve kirby's smash moves. They sucked. And maybe him a bot faster.

For mario i think he should be a tad slower.

For pikachu they need to upgrade him alot. pichuwas everything pikachu should have in strangth and speed.

Link is fine i guess i never noticed any draw backs to him.

For samus i think they should make her b move more like it is in her own game with rapid shots. and oyu have to hold it down a couple of seconds before it starts charging. her b move shoud be like the super scope.

I dont think they speed changes should be to much of problem.

Zink

Smash Champion
If they make Samus's b-move rapid fire, it'd be too good. Unless they do it like Fox's with no stun. I mean, imagine Samus with an infinite super scope. It'd be really broken.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I wonder how far along Pikachu even was when they made the trailer. He wasn't shown as much in actual gameplay, and we never did see his Super Smash... Also, it looks like Mario is taller with a bit more power, but maybe that's just me. He definitely looks like he could wipe the floor a lot easier :p

Zink

Smash Champion
Remember, anything that looked like actual gameplay may well and probably will change before release, so speculation of moves and such is not very valid when based on the trailer.

Arkenlog

Smash Rookie
im interested in pit. can ne 1 tell me who he is or from what game he is from?

Zink

Smash Champion
Pit is from the very early Kid Icarus series. The first game was on the NES and there was a little known sequel for I believe the SNES.

Arkenlog

Smash Rookie
oh ok thx zink. what kin of weapon is that he is using? does he have ne magic?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Just watch the trailer. Everything we know about Pit is in that trailer, except for one thing Sakurai said. The Japanese voice actor for Pit will be the same person who plays Conan on Detective Conan (called Case Closed here in the US).

flaco

The Terminator
O man yea sorry about the grammer am just in a rush.Well am going to stay with marth for along time.I only started to use him four months well i think marth is a good character thats all.

Mubariz

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for the whole air combat revamp. Battling in the air is very limited but still fun in SSBM. I actually love playing in Fourside and Poke-floats because of all the mid-air encounters.

Should be exciting and intense, and I really hope they incorporate it as a whole new layer of gameplay, something big that'll really shake things up.

The air battle dealio also means we'll probably have some very different stages, but that's another topic.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Mubariz said:
I'm all for the whole air combat revamp. Battling in the air is very limited but still fun in SSBM. I actually love playing in Fourside and Poke-floats because of all the mid-air encounters.

Should be exciting and intense, and I really hope they incorporate it as a whole new layer of gameplay, something big that'll really shake things up.

The air battle dealio also means we'll probably have some very different stages, but that's another topic.
yes i am starting to like mid-air fights... thats why im partial to jigglypuff now (im not very good and still havent mastered rest yet) and i love kirby and my favcharacter in brawl so far is metaknight (followed by Pit) so GO 5 JUMP CHARACTERS
EDIT: i heard there upgrading arial stuff. i heard miyamoto said something about making it more manuervural in the air (lol i dont know how to spell that) which i think is awesome

Renth

Smash Hero
Sorry, i didn't know if this was posted or not i don't have a lot of time so i'm just going to post it now please forgive me if it's a repeat of an earlier post but it confirms more characters:

Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed the following names to appear in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl via interview with Tokyo's popular "The Gaming Exchange" radio show:

New Faces:

KOOPA KID (BOWSER JR),
RIDLEY,
WIND WAKER LINK
Removed Faces:

ICE CLIMBERS,
MR. GAME & WATCH,
YOUNG LINK
Sakurai also confirmed that the existing "clones" from SSBM will be reworked as entirely seperate characters (Contradicting what we said earlier). One should also note that Young Link isn't being replaced entirely, rather simply replaced with the cel-shaded Link from Wind Waker. His name on the selection screen will still read "Young Link". Sakurai stated Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers will be removed due to the lack of general fan interest and that he decided to include Kid Icarus' Pit as a replacement to the Ice Climbers for those old school fans of the NES. He mentioned Pit will likely be the only classic character included. Sakurai did not mention wether Ridley would be in his original form or his new "Meta-Ridley" form from Metroid Prime. Also of importance is the fact that, according to Sakurai, the roster will be "between 30 and 40", leaving room for about 15 newcomers or so. In addition, there will be only be "one or two more" 3rd party characters.

zerodeathjam

Smash Rookie
dude!?????!
Where ya guys see the trailer?????
and i hope all charecters make a come back!
at least roy and young link!!!!
there my best charecters!!!!!!!!!!
if ya got an answer on the vid. thing add me on myspace!
my url:
myspace.com/josefmeyer
i NEED to see vid.!!!!!!!!!!!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed this?I think I mentioned it before,but Pit does not do 3 jumps,but four. Jump,jump, jump,attack,jump.Most people have been saying there were 3 jumps,but they r wrong.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Mubariz said:

yeah, some of the coolest stuff happens in the air, and it is a shame it doesn't happen as much.

and what kind of stages did you have in mind? i am now curious.

yeah to all newcomers in smash, and the 4 oldies that are returning. brawl is gonna rock.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Falco&Victory said:
Has anyone noticed this?I think I mentioned it before,but Pit does not do 3 jumps,but four. Jump,jump, jump,attack,jump.Most people have been saying there were 3 jumps,but they r wrong.
It's cos they have wings. They can use 5 jumps but it probably means that their B+up is going to be awful (Kirby), pointless (Jigglypuff or Ice Climbers without the follower) or p*** annoying to pull off (Ness).

drewsta

Smash Cadet
i wanna know what snakes moves are gonna look like.. (if he has the gun it'll just be like fox's laser spamming) but in the trailer, when he's in the box, he's like hiding in the scenery behind the area where ppl play, so does that mean he cant be hit when he's in the box?

anyone have any like real answers?

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
drewsta said:
i wanna know what snakes moves are gonna look like.. (if he has the gun it'll just be like fox's laser spamming) but in the trailer, when he's in the box, he's like hiding in the scenery behind the area where ppl play, so does that mean he cant be hit when he's in the box?

anyone have any like real answers?
Nobody knows Snake's moves yet, although it's been said he'll use explosives instead of any bullets because then it would be 2 violent ( and pikachu would become extinct :laugh: ) Considering it's Snake were talking about, the randomness is endless.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
i'm hope-ing when it comes to snake they use some of the CQC from snake eater.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
Naked does not equal Solid

BEEF_Jr said:
i'm hope-ing when it comes to snake they use some of the CQC from snake eater.

too bad that snake eater was about big boss/naked snake...and that is a completely different person from solid snake.

not to mention snake eater didn't come out for gcn, to my knowledge. so all the music would be grom the metal gears or just MGS:twin snakes from the solid subseries.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i just hope they dont make a mockery of snake. i mean, i never imagined snake double jumping with a huge bazooka, or anything like that.

and i always thought they could have given him a gun that looks like fox or falco's and just have it shoot those little pellets from metal gear.

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, Sheik throws NEEDLES, so violence might not be a problem. I would like to see explosives, though, they're always fun. Except when your Link teammate hits you with every bomb they throw... but that is another story.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
odd that talk about snake would pop up NOW go on over to page 61 of this thread to get my ideas for how snake should be.

When people are always complaining about clones I'm surprised by how many people try and sugest moves by compairing them to someone elses. "let him have a gun like fox." think differently guys this game can do anything the creators want it to I dont think they want to make new guys have moves that are similar to old guys.

also kojima said that he wouldn't use real guns so mostly explody things on the horizon for snake.

discuss.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I apologies if this has been said but I hope that all the confirmed characters that have already been announced are playable from the start. I would hate to have to go through the trouble of unlocking someone that I already now is in the game. Sure it would still be cool but it would be much more satisfying to unlock a character that I had no idea (or at least guessed) would be in the game. I would also love it if they didn't announce more than half the roster before the release. More anticipation and shock value.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
BIRDMAN22 said:
I apologies if this has been said but I hope that all the confirmed characters that have already been announced are playable from the start. I would hate to have to go through the trouble of unlocking someone that I already now is in the game. Sure it would still be cool but it would be much more satisfying to unlock a character that I had no idea (or at least guessed) would be in the game. I would also love it if they didn't announce more than half the roster before the release. More anticipation and shock value.
Sanke is going to be a unlockable cause he is a 3rd party chara it said so in one of the translation of the *** ssbb site poll thing.

drewsta

Smash Cadet
BIRDMAN22 said:

yea i agree.. i also hope u dont have to unlock any of the old characters AGAIN because like what if u have to play for awhile to unlock your main..that would not be totally tubeular.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
God, doesn't anyone read up on stuff before discussing SSBB? Sakurai has said (about Snake):

* He will not be wielding guns.
* He will use explosives
* He MIGHT use a rocket launcher.

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
What's wrong with having to unlock Melee and 3rd Party Characters? Learning the game is tied into going through all of that hassle. I look forward to the journey of exploring and unlocking the many wonders Brawl has waiting for me, even if it's just old characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom