• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krynn

Smash Cadet
i dont see any C4 on links shirt. i think he is just sneaking behind him. im still skeptical as to how someone could sneak in ssb. i think that stage is his (2nd pic). i would love to see a regular view of that stage to see what the whole thing looks like. so far we cant really discern anything about his moves from the bio that we didnt already know. so i guess 2 new screenshots is about all we get this week.

i really hope we get an update next week. i can see them not doing one since they are done with all the chars that were introduced in the trailer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Check this:

This looks way too much like the animation after the Falcon ****. O_O It also looks alot like C.Falcon's Falcon Kick in the air... Is Snake a Falcon clone? Does Snake replace Falcon?... Dear lord I hope not so.

WR3K

Smash Ace
maybe his kicks are at a downward angle....

that would be a sweet factor to add into the sex kicks in ssbb.... angle of the leg

Sensai

Smash Master
OH MY GOD SNAKE'S UP!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/index.html

I figured since we already have heard three or four other times, I might as well go head and beat the dead horse, right?

Will you people like me now?!

/end sarcasm

[Edit:]

On a serious note...

After much consideration, we decided to have Snake refrain from using real-world guns—instead, he'll use lots of explosives.
There we go. It's confirmed he'll use explosives, although it doesn't give us ANY hint as to what they might be.

WR3K

Smash Ace
maybe his down b could lay c4 on the ground, he could spam it, and it could get VERY annoying....

scratch that, i can sennse the ******* behavior already

i already know hell have atleast one attack similar to link's bombs... he has to!

krynn

Smash Cadet
i think it would be cool if he had a remote explosive. Example: you can set a explosive anywhere on the stage with B. it will stay there until u press B again to detonate. I think that would work well with team battles.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I loved the part "You will have to wait and see" It means they already have his moves done.
Or not I dunno, I just like to think they're moving onto another character. Some character we DON'T know...

WR3K

Smash Ace
maybe his kick IS downward, maybe for setting up combos were, he can push ppl into the ground with his kick, only to activate the bomb the character landed on......

ultimate explosive combos

nomis

Smash Journeyman
WR3K said:
maybe his down b could lay c4 on the ground, he could spam it, and it could get VERY annoying....

scratch that, i can sennse the ******* behavior already

i already know hell have atleast one attack similar to link's bombs... he has to!
nomis said:
Second pic: Going to plant a C4 on Link's new shirt? IN HIS NEW STAGE?!
Third pic: Jump? Jump Kick? More likely a jump. And for you people concerned about the stage, maybe that has a better capture of it.
EDIT: ^^^^My opinion about Snake in the air.

Planting a claymore on the ground makes much more sense to me... but his down-B is probably going to be for something else. Claymores would just be too good/cheap for edge guarding.

Planting c4 on an opponent might be too cheap as well. I don't know how they're going to make his moveset... cept maybe throw a grenade or shoot a rocket/grenade launcher.

We'll just have to wait and see!

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
krynn said:
i think it would be cool if he had a remote explosive. Example: you can set a explosive anywhere on the stage with B. it will stay there until u press B again to detonate. I think that would work well with team battles.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

icymatt

Smash Lord
This is how I imagined Snake's moveset would look like:

B-Throws a mine on the ground, which you can detonate with another B tap or it explodes in a few seconds. Damage similar to Link's bombs.

UpB-Fires a rocket launcher downward, propelling himself upward.

Left/RightB-Drops a flashbang, which can stun nearby opponents.

DownB-Hides in the box, being able to avoid opponents for a limited amount of time.

Sensai

Smash Master
nomis said:
Planting a claymore on the ground makes much more sense to me... but his down-B is probably going to be for something else. Claymores would just be too good/cheap for edge guarding.
Exactly. If one of his moves is to play an explosive on the ground, it's going to be very overpowered.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
His third jump should actually just be a third jump. hahah. Almost like MArio or Luigi. Wouldn't that look corny seeing Snake detonate something under his feet for his 3rd jump?

Sensai

Smash Master
Odendaalrust said:
His third jump should actually just be a third jump. hahah. Almost like MArio or Luigi. Wouldn't that look corny seeing Snake detonate something under his feet for his 3rd jump?
Excellent point. But, on the less corny side of things, I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw him with some kinda hookshot thing, which just shot himself up.

So...maybe a hookshot like Link/Samus, and a normal jump for the 3rd, like half of Sheik's.

neowolf5

Smash Rookie
the confirmed characters are by far very cool and original, i mean, cmon!!! nobody even thought about Pit, or Metaknight making it in SSB!!!! Zero suit Samus is pretty cool too, i think they will make the game much more interesting to play. About characters like, Wario and Snake, ummm well even though its a surprise to see them, i dont think they will make much of a difference, but hey, who knows what Sakurai has in store for us, and i think that whatever he does, is gonna make all of us smash-fans pretty happy

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox said:
What are you talking about?

As of right now, 9 characters have been confirmed for Brawl.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Zamus
Samus
Pit
Snake

There will be more characters added to the game. Sakurai just hasn't told us who they are yet.
Actually, you're all wrong. ZS-Samus is a transformation of Samus. You will be able to play as Samus, but "under certain conditions" be able to transform into ZS-Samus.

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be suprised if Snake just had some ridiculous 2nd lump, much like a Yosh. Thematically speaking, the only thing I could see Snake doing is parachuting. Maybe it would be some crazy complicated parachuting exercise, much like Mario's cape in Super Mario World.

Come to think of it, that might be cheesy if not pulled off correctly.

The real snake question is "Will Snake's taunt be smoking?"

nomis

Smash Journeyman
TheRedMarth said:
The real snake question is "Will Snake's taunt be smoking?"
MeLeo said:
xianfeng said:
it would be cool if he did but Nintendo doesn't support smoking
Well if Nintendo doesn't support smoking-- then they could make one of Snake's taunts where he whips out a cigarette, lights it while his hair is flowing in the breeze, smokes it... then immediately starts coughing blood from his mouth and screams "My lungs!" in Japanese while he continues to cough blood from his mouth. It's both cool, disturbing, and sends the message that Nintendo wants. It's a win-win situation :cool:
Posted in the great taunt thread.

Yarg the Pirate

Smash Apprentice
No, the real question is: Will Snake's taunt be "!". Because if it is, Snake will be my new main regardless of how good/bad he is.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Yarg the Pirate said:
No, the real question is: Will Snake's taunt be "!". Because if it is, Snake will be my new main regardless of how good/bad he is.
To be honest, that'd be pretty amusing :grin:

Raghib101

Smash Cadet
Or his taunt could be he gets out a lighter n a cigarette n starts smoking.
ORRRR even better he gets a call n he picks up his cell phone and all u can hear is " SNAKE,SNAAKE,SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!"

RAZOR BLADE

Smash Rookie
Zook said:
Meta Knight will own over Snake.

Wario will own over Snake.

And, I hope, Pichu will own over all, including Snake.

Anyways, I hope some of the 3rd party characters won't get the game rated M. Blood, sexual themes, and gore just don't seem to fit in with Smash.
hahahahaha FATALLITY

Aiser

Smash Lord
Nah to own Snake we need a new pokemon called crabby this pokemon will the the only snake counter and Crabby will counter snake like hell.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
Yarg the Pirate said:
HAHAHAHAHA that is so great

Rorschach

Smash Rookie
who will be taken away?

Scav said:
This is thread #2 regarding CONFIRMED CHARACTERS for SSBB.

The goal of this thread is to discuss characters that have been CONFIRMED for the game, either by Nintendo or a reputable news website. Discussion of characters not on the confirmed or semi-confirmed list is not allowed in this topic, in order to keep it a managable size.

Anyone who posts about a non-confirmed character will recieve a warning for minor spam. Please don't do it.

If you have information regarding the confirmation of a new character, go ahead and post it here along with the source (screenshot, news article, etc). Also, it would be a good idea to PM me so I can update the list, since this thread gets posts rather quickly.

And on that note, I will be "reposting" this thread every so often, so that conversation can start fresh. Nobody wants to read a topic with 500 replies.

On to the fun! Here is the original post:

Please keep this discussion to confirmed characters only. Talk about whatever you want... possible moves, how awesome they look with new graphics, links to articles confirming new characters, etc. Just don't talk about non-confirmed characters! The list of confirmed characters are:
Confirmed
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
----
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit

Semi-confirmed
none

The original 26 characters from Melee are NOT confirmed. The interview with Sakurai merely pointed out what would have happened if he had not joined the team. It is not a confirmation.

Any posts about unconfirmed characters (including those in Melee, no matter how likely to return) will be ridiculed.

Changes:
5/10 -- List created with original 8 confirmed characters [source: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html]
5/14 -- Moved Samus to "Confirmed" [source:http://www.thewiire.com/game.php?id=1&view=screens]

Previous threads:
Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 1)
well question is whos gonna stay cuz i play with falco at the time and marth.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yuna said:
Actually, you're all wrong. ZS-Samus is a transformation of Samus. You will be able to play as Samus, but "under certain conditions" be able to transform into ZS-Samus.

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html
Yes, believe it or not, I already know that. :p I count her as separate in the same way that I count Sheik as separate from Zelda.

Rorschach, don't double post.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
So? Tons of B-moves in Melee never happened in any of the games.

I don't recall Peach ever pulling Toad out, Luigi doing a flying headbutt, bowser spinnning around with his head and limps tucked into his hsell, donkey kong doing a windup punch, or captain falcon ever doing ANYTHING. (to name a few)

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Raghib101 said:
Or his taunt could be he gets out a lighter n a cigarette n starts smoking.
ORRRR even better he gets a call n he picks up his cell phone and all u can hear is " SNAKE,SNAAKE,SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!"
Lol everyone is thinking about all of this smoking thing with Snake. Why don't they just put him saying "It's show time." ? Who the hell says "it's showtime" after killing an italian plumber? Capitain Falcon is almost the same "Show me your moves!" after killing an oponent. It's stupid. It's funny. It should be in the game.
I can't wait to use Snake and throw explosives at my feet...just like Link and his bombs.
This game will be fun.

xXxmarthpwnagexXx

Smash Rookie
I´m thinking the whole time about how Pit splits hos bow into the daggers and back again. Because I read he would also use the Bow as weapon ( stabbing , slashing with it ).
Maybe a special atack splits it into the daggers what gives 2 movesets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom