• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What are you talking about?

As of right now, 9 characters have been confirmed for Brawl.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Zamus
Samus
Pit
Snake

There will be more characters added to the game. Sakurai just hasn't told us who they are yet.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Has Samus technically been confirmed? Sakurai's words about Zamus could be misunderstood and if he doesn't mean they are the actual same character, Samus would technically be unconfirmed. Though I severely doubt she'd be left out anyway.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
"Don't worry, you'll still be able to play as standard Samus."

Hard to think that means anything except that you'll still be able to play as Samus.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
McFox said:
As of right now, 9 characters have been confirmed for Brawl.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Zamus
Samus
Pit
Snake
You forgot Wario, that makes 10. As for character numbers I would imagine they'd be shooting for the 20 mark at least. Given the success of the last game. They did say not all characters would be returning though. 4 from the last game we KNOW are coming back. So that leaves 21 characters to choose from.

However, we don't know for certain until they release new info. I'm keeping my eyes open.

Sensai

Smash Master
BloodBowler said:
You forgot Wario, that makes 10. As for character numbers I would imagine they'd be shooting for the 20 mark at least. Given the success of the last game. They did say not all characters would be returning though. 4 from the last game we KNOW are coming back. So that leaves 21 characters to choose from.

However, we don't know for certain until they release new info. I'm keeping my eyes open.
5 from the last game, if you seperate Zelda and Sheik.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
FlipTroopa said:
No, ya gotta import it :/ Not a lot of Japanese text as far as I can tell from reading up about it, BUT a lot of the characters are Japan-only. Ever heard of Cool Girl Asuka, or Momotarou? Didn't think so :laugh:
I know cool girl asuka but not the other one.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
what are the chances of 26 characters being in the game like last time? i would think there would be like 35 or 40......i really want all the characters to return.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
more the better? well i think there needs to be a limit.....MvsC2 has 63 0r 66 characters....... and only 7 are worth your time.......the rest cant keep up........so too many charatcers might not be agood thing.

MarthHasASword

Smash Apprentice
There will be a limit, but in general, if the developers could make as many chars as they wanted they would probably make as many as they could, but they cant really because making alot of chars takes time which they dont have much of.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
The Great Marth said:
what are the chances of 26 characters being in the game like last time? i would think there would be like 35 or 40......i really want all the characters to return.
I'm guessing this time around 24 will be max scince in melee they did their best for 26. and maybe with 24 there will be no clones (except luigi of course)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
more the better? well i think there needs to be a limit.....MvsC2 has 63 0r 66 characters....... and only 7 are worth your time.......the rest cant keep up........so too many charatcers might not be agood thing.
That's completely true, if you care about playing COMPETITIVELY.

Some people just play games for fun, you know.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Well, hopefully you won't be spending a week unlocking characters. Some of them took awhile to unlock G&W (shudders). But then again, as long as they leave more characters as default, I see no problem with having 50 or 60 characters.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Of course no one sees a problem with having 50 or 60 characters in it(as long as they don't all suck, which is impossible) but Nintendo doesn't have all the time they want.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Unlocking characters doesnt take that long on smash bros.! although, i suppose a week tops is a good estimate. Getting all the stages, that might take longer, not sure.
Having tons of characters is great for having fun as there just so much diversity, although a small base number would be quite daunting!
The number of characters you start with in Brawl will be more so then in Melee, but there will also be more to unlock, my guess is the new characters mentioned in the trailer will be likely new base characters while other people will have to be unlocked, some returning characters like ganondorf are likely to be going to be needed to be unlocked (syntax?) because he'll have a new moveset.

krynn

Smash Cadet
i agree, and i certainly hope he gets a new moveset, and possibly a new look.

Anyone read sakurai's latest post about about the character polls?
i dont have a direct link, but here it is on ign:
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/710/710752p1.html

I know snake is supposed to be all sneaky, but i dont see how someone can sneak in SSB. will he be able to move to the background when using his box or something so he doesnt get hit? if anyone has a good idea of how one could sneak, please share.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
The_TooCool_Master said:
If Sakurai follows the same trend, we should be getting Snake's bio in tomorrow's update. Maybe we'll learn more then.
Yep i guess all we can do is wait. Hopefully the screenshots shows some of snake's attacks.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
i assume he would be able to plant c4's or have his box look like the boxes in the game, somehow that might work.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
You know how Snake can hang on stuff and move? I though is B-Down move could be him flipping over and hagning himself in front of the level. You'd be able to move from side to side. Getting attacked would make you fall and you'd have to jump trough the level to get back on(or fall down to your death). You would inflict damage by jumping down and jumping back up but in that position, you could move in any directon you want. Dumb? Yeah, but it'd be quite hilarous.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
^^^

That would ROCK. A shimmy attack? :p

EDIT: actually, wouldn't that be a really cool addition if Snake could climb AROUND the stage after he's grabbed the ledge? XD

...or at least hide in the background! :)

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
FlipTroopa said:
EDIT: actually, wouldn't that be a really cool addition if Snake could climb AROUND the stage after he's grabbed the ledge? XD

...or at least hide in the background! :)
YEah, that's what I mean. Being able to hold on the ledge and move around. Maybe we could get special kick animations from that position. :laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't count on them showing any of Snake's attacks in the update. They didn't show an attacks in any of the other updates.

Nothing significant anyway.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Don't count on them showing any of Snake's attacks in the update. They didn't show an attacks in any of the other updates.

Nothing significant anyway.
No, but Zamus's bio confirmed she was using a whip and a gun and Wario's bio confirmed he was using strange WarioWare type of moves. Not the pictures, but the bio might give us an idea.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Snake's up on the Japanese site...Could be a new stage in one shot...

Also, the letter section has been updated with something about the 9th...Yon crappy Babelfish tells me that it something will be accepted up until 5pm that day and then full devotion will be put into the game's development and then something about 2007 (the launch?) Don't trust my perception of it though...I'd wait for SamuraiPanda for that.

Nothing else I can see yet, though...

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
English is up, lol, looks like the show a screen of him sneaking behind link at a level which seems to be his...

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
You gotta think his level in particular will revolve around a lotta spots to hide and be sneaky in if thats his main fortay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom