• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Resolution/Starcraft help!

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
well, this is kind of hard to explain.. but starcraft only plays at 640x480 or something, so im trying to lower the resolution on my monitor to make the game screen appear bigger (rather than a tiny box on my monitor..) but whenever i do, it just makes my entire monitor tiny (givinga lot of black area around the usable screen with lower res)... any idea how to force my display settings to fit my monitor with a lower resolution?

I know that sounds weird, but its like... I have a 26" monitor, 1920x1280, and when i change the display settings (via properties) to 900x680 or something, it just shrinks my "usable screen" and puts a huge black area around it i cant get my mouse into...

And when i try to play starcraft, its the same size (640x480)...

Basically, im trying to either get starcraft to stretch to my resolution, or change the resolution on my monitor so that the "playable box" is bigger than the size of my hand...

Any ideas?

Top Bottom