• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Wish Lists for the next PM release after 3.0

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Wishlists? Many of these feel like useless additions for ****s and giggles instead of adding anything with substance.

1) Giving Mario 3 new tap taunts that permanently change your costume for the remainder of combat reeks of "Pointless waste of space". It's a cute idea, but I'd prefer one tap taunt for him instead of three, since if he gets three, why can't everyone? Slippery slope.

2) Bringing back the Brawl Wifi stage is already do-able. Just delete the training stage from your stages folder. Nothing about the stage in it's original form was really worth bringing back to the main game, especially not when we've got Training Stage.

3) PM's Distant Planet (SSE Jungle) is more interesting than the normal one now. The leaf platforms alone add a decent amount of uniqueness to the way the stage operates. The smaller size makes it friendly for 1x1 games far more than the old gigantic version did too.

4) Young Link is a waste of space. We have no need for 3 different versions of Links. Same goes for Pichu. How many Pokemon do we need before people are satisfied? If they're going to use the clone engine, can it be used for characters that haven't already been done in previous incarnations of Smash?

5) Boshi? Eh, I'd rather them stick to playable Yoshi colors and see a Brown Yoshi, since it's the only official Yoshi color not represented in Project M. Boshi isn't a very important character and to my knowledge hasn't returned in anything after his minor appearance in SMRPG.

That's enough of being "Da Pahtee Poopa", just a few thoughts that seemed a little silly to me.
I agree with you completely, except for the pichu thing because he is all but confirmed (see InfSct.351)

Ginge

Smash Ace
Can people stop bringing up the stock icon?

Pichu will be confirmed when he shows up in a video / screen shot officially by PMBR.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Same goes for Pichu. How many Pokemon do we need before people are satisfied?
As I say in every other place when they reference how many Pokemon there are when referring to Pichu possibly coming back.

The only reason Pichu is wanted to come back is not because he is a Pokemon, but because he is the last Melee veteran that has yet to return.

If they're going to use the clone engine, can it be used for characters that haven't already been done in previous incarnations of Smash?
...Did you not want Roy and Mewtwo to come back?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
As I say in every other place when they reference how many Pokemon there are when referring to Pichu possibly coming back.

The only reason Pichu is wanted to come back is not because he is a Pokemon, but because he is the last Melee veteran that has yet to return.

...Did you not want Roy and Mewtwo to come back?
I get that reasoning towards Pichu, but at this point, there are already more than enough Pokemon characters in the game, just like there are more than enough Zelda characters. It's just overkill to add more at this point.

Roy and Mewtwo are a completely different story. When I call for that use of the Clone Engine, I'm referring to this point on. I'd rather see new characters cloned now than old ones.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Looked through the whole thing and I didn't see "Make Project M models not lag in 2 vs 2" at all.
Come on guys.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Looked through the whole thing and I didn't see "Make Project M models not lag in 2 vs 2" at all.
Come on guys.
Yeah, but they already mentioned they wanted to do that, so it's a given, once they get the resources to do it.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well of course they want to.
But wishful thinking never hurt right?
Unless you wish for things that would hurt others.
But fortunately, no one on this board is that much of an asshole.

Bring back Brawl Meta Knight complete with Brawl physics
Nobody at all.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Can people stop bringing up the stock icon?

Pichu will be confirmed when he shows up in a video / screen shot officially by PMBR.
To be fair, it IS a good sign.

The PMBR can sometimes accidentally let slip certain characters before they're released. Roy's nametag, Doc's character portrait, and even Mewtwo's inclusion were accidentally leaked before we were supposed to know about them...

Ginge

Smash Ace
It is a good sign. At the very least, not a BAD sign. Could have been put there on purpose to mess with people. Or it could be a sign of things to come.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Here's mine:

General
-Melee Tether mechanics for Samus, Link, and Toon Link.
-Fix face expressions problems with some Alts. like OoT Link.
-Selective SFX for Melee costumes.
-An original and epic Project M Theme.

Marth
-Give him his "HOOOAA!" voice when doing an up-b.
-Give him his "HYYYAAH!" voice when doing a neutral b.

Samus
-Dark and Light Alt. Costumes please.
-Melee robotic SFXs when doing forward smash, and dair.
-Why she is as tall as Link? Make her as tall as Falcon.

Ganondorf
-OoT Alt. Costume (7 years later-look)
-An original up smash animation, something more "Ganon-esque"

Zelda/Sheik
-OoT Alts

Fox
-Exchange his 64 taunt waiting animation for his side taunt and vice-versa.

ZSS
-Justin Bailey alt.

Stages
-Mute City
-Revamps/Remakes of 64 Stages

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
One thing it thought would be interesting was getting KO'd (like in stamina mode) in regular matches when you get to 300% damage. My battles very rarely go past 250% and most tourney matches I've seen on YouTube rarely get that far as well. It could add an extra dimension to the game, as you could go for straight up damage instead of knocking them off the stage. It could open up more strategy options. Also one could say if you're at 300% you shouldn't even still be on the stage (but at the same time one could say that if you've survived long enough to get to 300% you must be pretty good, or your opponent sucks).

Or it'd be cool as an extra mode. Maybe replace super sudden death?

I also thought it'd be interesting to have stamina mode with lives, and also increasing HP past 300. Stamina crew battles FTW!

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Give Samus her Melee Victory screen music back.

I want a professional symphony, not a 4th grade band class.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Only real thing I want is Roy to somehow get some extra buff. Only other thing I really cared about was that little noise your shield made in Melee if you managed to power shield a projectile - or at least I think it's called power shielding.

JOE!

Smash Hero
-Revamps/Remakes of 64 Stages
This, so much this. There is stuff even on brawlvault of like, HD Hyrule Castle, Dreamland with green Greens Background... it makes the stages look so much cleaner with the much higher def models running around on them.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Oh.
Oh.
Oh.
Oh.

I want them to fix Roy's special. It's hilarious because people don't lose momentum when he does it so people just float off the stage if they were already going that way.

And add some impressive sound effects to it. Right now it all just sounds like entei's flames. No roy sound effects to go with it either? MAN. IT HURTS

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Pikachu with iron tail. Is that so much to ask that one of his attacks (like usmash or uair) be freaking iron tail?! ><; All I want is the tail to be textured metal and a nice metal sound to appear, but the metal sound doesn't have to be there.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Generically Epic has been going at this for a while. It's a neat idea, I don't see why usmash can't look metal for a second, actually.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
This, so much this. There is stuff even on brawlvault of like, HD Hyrule Castle, Dreamland with green Greens Background... it makes the stages look so much cleaner with the much higher def models running around on them.
Imagine Hyrule Castle with a sweet 3D background, with Death Mountain and all, or Saffroon City?

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
I miss young link please give him back to us! :smash:
____________________________________:younglinkmelee: ouch

Rizner

Smash Ace
pm brand alt costumes
2.6 sse jungle return
yarn Kirby with associated colors as alt skins
some sort of change to warioware
more stages that would be legal in singles that are ps2ish size ( many more small stage options at this point)
Kirby hats getting fancier things
nana to not die on norfair
more team color options (grayscale)
some bad characters who are fun

oh also nado on hyrule

oh and to have 64 characters hold r and get full 64 modest back with no spot dodge, no side b, etc.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
1. The Features page to be updated on the PM website.
2. Pichu.
3. Hold R before the match begins to play solo Popo.

Rizner

Smash Ace
oh right features page needs stuff.

lastly until I think of something else, random character select back in the middle

Mark M

Smash Rookie
I'd love a Bowser's Castle stage, one where its like the Halberd's, takes you through the castle.
(lava moat, sinister Bowser laugh from Super Mario 64 when someone gets KO'd and what not)

That and Hitmonlee and Muk as playable characters, that'd be as awesome as much as its extremely unlikely to happen ever. (hitmonlee in smash is my dream lol)

Hitmonlee side B- rolling kick (similar to DK up B)
up B - High jump Kick (like marth's dolphin slash)
neutral B- Mega kick (like DK's neutral B but his foot)
Down B - Reversal/Closecombat (slower move that has higher knockback, possibly a grab like Boswer's side B)

Dash attack: like Foxes/ Falco's

Up tilt: like samus or ganon
Side tilt: Spin Kick like samus'
Down tilt/tripper: kick like how metaknight pokes his sword

Down Aerial: Sonic's down A
Neutral Aerial: Similar hitboxes to Zero suit samus's neutral A but with his foot..that or Snake's neutral A. (or a sex kick with knockback like Dr. Mario's would be cool)
Up aerial: like samus'
foward aerial: like Sonic's foward aerial.
back aerial: like SSBB Fox's back aerial or samus'

grab pummeler: Knee to the face
Back throw (suplex where he uses his extending legs only.)
Foward Throw( Kick like Sonics')
Down Throw: (like zero suit samus')
Up Throw: (Throw up in air and do a spin kick)

Ginge

Smash Ace
If you're serious about Hitmonlee, bring him up in the Clone Engine Character Speculation thread. Just as a warning, you're likely to be shot down for suggesting a Pokemon to begin with (oversaturation of Pokemon in the game is a common complaint), even more so for suggesting a Gen 1 character. Pichu is the most likely extra Pokémon to come from Clone Engine.

But. You can always bring him up there. Probably bring over this moveset you came up with for your post.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Picking the best of all worlds with the sound effects. Some sound effects sound better from melee (the whoosh sound effects have been mentioned as well as the electric effects like ness's bair or cfalcon's knee).

Exodo

Smash Ace
i agree 100% with you, they need to fix roys final smash and also add some epic sound effects, it feels empty when using it... make it have also some epic slash effects and sound like Ike, that would be awesome :D
also something i would like to see is more alt costumes which is something probably not necessary to ask since it would be logical for them adding more in future releases.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My five characters that I wish would make it in would be...
Little Mac - But give him his new look from Punch Out!! Also he grew so he doesn't have to be tiny and could have a very unique playstyle.
Samurai Goroh - Every series from the original 12 have a second representative EXCEPT for F-Zero. Also his assist trophy is my favorite.
Isaac - Most requested, and I agree
Waluigi - Has an awesome Waluigi hack that is doing ridiculously well
Ray MK - We need more mobile shooter type characters.

Honorable mentions
Saki - Awesome, but not very popular if we're being honest.
Lyn - Great and awesome in her own right. But we already have 3 swordsmen from the same series and the series is filled with a lot of amazing characters with different weapons and abilities.
Knuckle Joe - Very fun character. But relatively unpopular.
Tingle - Tingle is crazy as hell character who has a lot of charm to him and could be very unique. But nobody likes him
Jeff - I like his rockets. But not very popular.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The only thing I really want to see in the next big release is official icons for records menus. Individual icons for Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, ZSS, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Seeing Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Lucario, and Marth instead feels really weird.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The only thing I really want to see in the next big release is official icons for records menus. Individual icons for Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, ZSS, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Seeing Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Lucario, and Marth instead feels really weird.
I don't think that's going to change. The underlying game is still Brawl. And they can't ADD save data that isn't present (as far as I know) ((yet)).

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't think that's going to change. The underlying game is still Brawl. And they can't ADD save data that isn't present (as far as I know) ((yet)).
I bet they could, it would just be complicated. It's not a big deal for me in any case. Kinda one of those minor consistency flaws one could notice from time to time.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, the game THINKS that when you play as one of the clones, it's actually the base character (or if you use on of the PT trio, it's just PT). They would need to basically intercept the data being sent to the records, pass it to a different file in the P:M download), and then when they load up the records in game, to tell it to look for the file on the P:M download. But then records would not carry over between P:M versions unless you specifically copied that file over.

It's probably also a lot more work than we think it is.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Well, the game THINKS that when you play as one of the clones, it's actually the base character (or if you use on of the PT trio, it's just PT). They would need to basically intercept the data being sent to the records, pass it to a different file in the P:M download), and then when they load up the records in game, to tell it to look for the file on the P:M download. But then records would not carry over between P:M versions unless you specifically copied that file over.

It's probably also a lot more work than we think it is.
For me specifically, whenever there's a new version, I delete my previous records so I can see what I did during that current build. So not carrying over wouldn't bother me too much.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Pichu, Young Link, Ridley, Black Shadow, and Supreme Alloy, plus completed alt costumes.
(4 existing alloys models mixed into a real fighter, using moves from various fighters)
(Aside from the Melee vets, these guys are for unsaturated franchises.)

Top Bottom