• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Stage List

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Complete Viable Stage Select List (All 41 Stages)
All stages have been modified until fit for competitive play.

We haven't done this since last summer with 2.1, so now that we'll have it locally for 2.5 again, we figured we'd try sharing it this time.

- Most stages are directly from BrawlVault or other sources, with small modifications made when needed.
- Project: M Camera adjustments were only given to Stages when it was noticeably different than the Standard.
- The majority of these Stages feature unique elements lacking in the current Stage-List, and are an attempt at making them as functional as possible.
- There are multiple versions of some of these, but these are either the original or Standard textures and lay-outs we're currently using, I may upload more textures another time.

Old Update

Modified Stages with Icons

Over Big Blue (STGDXBIGBLUE)

Purpose - Jump-Through Stage with slight Slopes and an over-ledge hanging Platform to one side. None of it is too imposing or promoting a certain kind of game-play that might be interrupting or hindering to game-flow but it remains very unique in the Stage-List.

Over Temple: M (STGDXSHRINE)

Purpose - Another platform-less Stage, and though not entirely Flat, the Slope isn't imposing at this angle. It has Walls and slightly different Blast-Zones than Final Destination.

Over Corneria (STGDXCORNERIA)

Purpose - It's generally flat, but the edge-angles bring in a unique dynamic with the Bulging sections. The Small Platforms give room to maneuver, but don't give much room to play on the Platforms themselves.

Over Delfino Plaza (STGDOLPIC)

Purpose - No Symmetrical Platform layout, but remaining Standard Sizes and Heights. One Platform off the Edge to the left gives room for dynamic Edge-Game elements that are generally lacking in the Stage-List.
(May have frame-rate issues in Doubles Matches with multiple high-poly textures, further testing required)

Over Fourside (STGNEWPORK)

- Deleted an invisible platform (a random collision) off the left side of the stage.
Purpose - Quirky lay-out with Slopes, Walls, and high Layered Platforms to one side. Very unique, but not imposing, or promoting any specific type of play that would hinder overall game-flow.

Over Flatzone (STGGW)

- Flattened the left ledge-grab vertically to not trap recoveries.
Purpose - Reasonable angled Slopes throughout the Stage, a feature missing on most stages in the Stage-List in any functional lay-out, and this is as standard as it gets with the added Slope feature.

Over Mario Circuit (STGKART)

- Removed the statue pillar behind the stage to reduce lag.
Purpose - Reasonable lay-out of Standard Platforms with no added features aside from Walls.
(Big thanks to the maker for going with my lay-out suggestion so I didn't have to change it or make a new stage <3)
(May need further testing for frame-rate issues in Doubles with multiple high-poly character textures)

Over Lylat (STGSTARFOX)

- Changed the initial Spawn points to not be clustered together. (Rampless version)
Purpose - Moving Main Platform and raised Bulge in the middle add interesting dynamics lacking in the Stage-List. Larger Top Platform and slight Slopes add to it as well.
No Ramps or Bumpers as they were too imposing and the stage is already unique and niche. (sorry 64 lovers <3)

Over Metal Gear (STGMGEAR)

Purpose - Smaller Stage with Walls and unique moving Platform lay-out near the edges.

Over Onett (STGONETT)

- Extended the collisions on the side of the stage vertically downward to not trap recoveries.
Purpose - Wide Stage with wide Platforms, but not large enough Top left + right Platforms to promote any kind of game-flow degrading play.

Over Pirate Ship (STGPIRATES)

Purpose - Standard stationary lay-out of Platforms and Stage overall, but has the addition of objects, for either healing or trowing like projectiles, and wind, giving it some dynamics to play with adsent in the Stage-List otherwise.

Over Pictochat (STGPICTCHAT)

- Removed a random collision that prevented Tether grabs from certain angles near the ledge.
- Made a center block on the main platform that doesn't have the ice effect.
Purpose - Ice is a unique feature missing from the Stage-List, and this is currently the most functional version of a Stage featuring Ice that we've come up with. It's easy to navigate due to the Low Platforms, and the Edges + Center being Non-Ice, but the Element quirk still plays a significant Role in small ares of the game-flow.
(May need Transparency in the Left/Right Platforms to be less Visually Obstructing)

Over Rainbow Cruise (STGDXRCRUISE)

- Removed visual obstructions.
- Lowered vertical collisions to not trap recoveries.
- Shrunk the main platform horizontally to a more reasonable size in relation to the floating platforms and blast-zones.
Purpose - Fairly Flat Stage with a single section of Layered Platforms. Gives a Flat-Feel but has some dynamics to maneuver with, and the Platforms are large enough to play around on.

Over Saffron (STGTENGAN)

Purpose - A single moving Platform on an otherwise Flat Stage. A variation of Smashville, in a way, with added Walls, larger Blast-Zones, and a more present Platform for maneuvering, but smaller for less game-play focus around it.

Over Aero Drive (STGFZERO)

- Raised the collision box on the floating cloud.
Purpose - Small Ice Platforms allow for maneuvering, and a high moving Platform to give more dynamics to the otherwise fairly Standard Stage. The Platforms don't allow much room for play but have significant impact on the game-flow, as well as the slight Slopes on the Main Stage.

Over SSE: Jungle (STGEARTH)

- Lowered the top and right clouds to more reasonable heights.
- Lowered the Top blast-zone to a more reasonable height.
- Raised the collisions to make landing on the Cloud Platforms more visually accurate.
Purpose - Fairly Standard Stage, stationary with a stable but non-symmetrical lay-out. It adds Walls and a Larger Blast-Zone than other Triangle lay-outs.

Over Hyrule 64 (STGOLDIN)

- Dramatic change to the stage overall.
Purpose - Partially symmetrical lay-out with long Slopes on a Larger Stage. The Slopes and Overall Stage Size aren't imposing, and the heights of the center Platform Layers don't promote any kind of game-interrupting play.
(May need Shadows edited on the Top Platform to be less visually confusing [particularly with this texture])

Over Brinstar (STGDXZEBES)

- Dramatic change to the stage overall.
Purpose - A Stage with a 'Pit' in the middle is lacking entirely from the functional Stage-List, so this is a modified version of a customized Norfair Stage that had a Pit. (Norfair V4) With a less symmetrical lay-out, it's less imposing and linear of a Stage, not promoting forms of camping that would make it difficult to get off the top Platform, cross the general Pit area, or make it difficult to catch an opponent in the process.

Modified Stages without Icons

Over Summit (STGICE)

Purpose - Standard stationary lay-out and Stage Size but with Larger Platforms to allow more game-play on them.

Over Orpheon (STGORPHEON)

- Brightened and Re-Sized Second Transformation without Flipping.
Purpose - Standard stationary single Platform layout, but with slight Slopes to add dynamics to the game-play.

Over Kongo Jungle (STGDONKEY)

- Lowered Side-Platforms and Hard Main Platform.
Purpose - No longer promotes or degrades certain elements of game-play that High Side-Platforms and a Jump-Through Stage with an inward Slope impact.

Over Jungle Japes (STGDXGARDEN)

- One Solid Platform covering all Gaps and Removed Clap-Trap and Water Effects
Purpose - Less Elements imposing on game-flow, and no longer promoting certain styles of game-play that hinder it. Larger Stage with unique Blast-Zone sizes and slight Slopes made it niche enough, and it was converted to being primarily focused on those features.

PS1 - Modified Fire and Rock Elemental Transformations to remove most major Obstructions
Purpose - Less imposing Stage features that interrupt game-flow on a couple Transformations.
(Still may require further editing to 1 of the Transformations)

Skyloft - Texture Change to Ganon's Castle
Purpose - Nullifies potential frame-rate issues, but no actual change to the Stage.

Stage Selection Rule-Set (Suggestion)

With so many more stages, the common methods of Stage Selection (Specifically the Striking Process) take too long and are inefficient. This is the method we use. The legal Stages in Singles vs Doubles is up to the host/whoever.

Stage Selection Phase 1
- Each Player (Team) Selects 5 Stages with the Selection Order 1-2-2-2-2-1
- Each Player (Team) Selects 1 Stage from the Opponent's Selected Stage-List.
- Match 1 is Randomized between these 2 Selected Stages.

Stage Selection Phase 2
- The Winning Player (Team) Bans 1 Stage.
- The Losing Player (Team) Selects 1 Stage from the remaining Selected Stages, including both their own and their Opponent's Selected Lists.
- Match 2 is Played.

Stage Selection Phase 3 (if Required)
- Repeat Phase 2

Special Selection Rule (This nullifies the Random (Dis)Advantage possible from Match 1)
- No Stage is to be played on more than once in a Single Set unless mutually agreed upon.

Due to Random playing a factor for Match 1, even though it's Selected by the Players, the balance of the Selection Process comes as the Set progresses.

- For Match 2, there will be 8 Available Stages (after 1 Ban and 1 Match) to Select from.
4 of which will be from the losing Player's own List if Random DID NOT Select theirs
Only 3 will be from the losing Player's own List if Random DID Select theirs.

- For Match 3, there will be 6 Stages Available (after 2 Bans and 2 Matches) to Select from.

4 of which will be from the losing Player's own List if Random DID NOT Select theirs.
Only 3 will be from the losing Player's own List if Random DID Select theirs.

So overall, if 'Random' Selects a Player's Stage for Match 1, they'll be 1 Stage shorter than their Opponents when it comes to Stages THEY initially Selected in Phase 1.
Having Random Select their Stage means they'll be short a Stage whether they win (they'll be short in Match 3 Selection) or lose (they'll be short in Match 2 Selection).

Download Links

STAGE IMAGE VIEWING ONLY
This should be the images of the 41 stages, nothing else.
Don't mind the characters on them, they were all just Randomized to show size-proportions of the Stages so people have an idea of what they're looking at.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j8y51d25k5r3ns5

STAGE (PAC) + MODULE (REL) FILES
This should be the module and stage folders in the PM folders. Inside should be the list of .rel and .pac files for everything needed.
They're complete folders, so the folders themselves (within the Project: M SD Card) can simply be replaced with these without needing to pick through them, though it's possible if someone wanted to.
http://www.mediafire.com/?muu1v9u3ue492im

STAGE ICONS + SELECTION (1 FILE)
This should be the common5 (complete again, so just replacing the whole file will work) .pac file that contains all the necessary CSS/SSS/whatever they're called.
Not ALL of them, only the essentials involved in the actual Stage-Selection Process.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fw94vgdo8tchf9d

New Update

Overall Change-Log

- All Stages have fitting Icons
- There are off-Shadow ascetics on SSE: Jungle, Peach Castle: 64, and possibly others, but I don't care about those/won't bother changing anything like anytime soon/ever.

Specific Change-Log

Dracula's Castle
- Horizontal Blast-Zones shrunk to a more reasonable distance.

Mario's Clouds
- Vertical Blast-Zone adjusted to be a higher ceiling stage.

Norfair
- Ridiculous broken starting Spawn-Points re-positioned.
- Top Platform shrunk and lowered. (less run-and-camp + death-pit promoting in Singles play)

SSE: Jungle
- Shrunk horizontally significantly. (both Platforms and Main Stage)
- Blast-Zones and Spawn-Points slightly adjusted accordingly.

Penguin Land
- Ice Effect removed from all but the Top Platform.
- Dip made in the middle of the Stage (similar to Orpheon/Halberd)
- Blast-Zones and Spawn-Points slightly adjusted accordingly.

Paper Mario: TYD
- Vertical Collisions lowered on both side Walls. (eliminate the ability for some characters to Recover 'through' the Stage)

Jungle Japes
- Collision protrusion on Right Ramp removed.

Peach's Castle: 64
- Collisions slightly adjusted on the base bottom of the Main Stage.

Strong-Man City
- Horizontal Blast-Zones slightly shrunk to more reasonable distances.

New Pork City
- Right Wall leveled out to ease hugging smoother. (consistent Wall-Jump accessibility)
- Left Ledge rounded and smooth for the same reason.

Yoshi's Story: 64
- Texture removed from large object in front of Stage to allow vision immediately below the ledges.
- Collision under the Stage adjusted for visual ease and accuracy.

Complete Stage List Images

DOWNLOAD LINK!!!
This is literally everything. Images to look at (including above), Module, Stage, Icon folders, all where they need to be.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rwhc4lp3gs7q60w/Complete_Stage_List.rar

If you know of a Stage that's viable, or close to viable that I could adjust to make it so, let me know.
If you know of a Stage with a unique concept that could use some adjusting to make viable, let me know.

ENJOY!

Garbagehead4

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much for these stages! I have a 77 stage build and was looking to replace some of the buggier/annoying stages. It's so hard to find viable stages on BrawlVault that aren't enormous or glitchy.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
There's a lot of work to do on the stage-list still, so I've got work to sort out and manipulate before I post any final image list or details list.
Not difficult, but takes time.
Otherwise, I wouldn't even suggest downloading this and using it yet. There are issues that need addressing. A tether-ledge grab issue, and .rel file issue, a camera issue, a blast-zone size issue, little things all over.

Pics will come later though, for sure.

If you want, just DL the 'Stage-Image' zip file and take a peak at them.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Just hold on a bit. There's a few more things I need to edit then it'll be complete.
The DL doesn't have all PM cameras, but most. They do in the complete thing and will when I update.
There's just a few more things to test of frame-rate stuff (4 people are mid-smashing while I type this to test it all right now) and I'll get pics up afterwards.

Garbagehead4

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to put STGDOLPIC over jungle japes, I changed the name to STGDXGARDEN and put in a (delfino plaza) st_dxgarden.rel. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but it keeps freezing when I try to load it :(

When I look at STGDOLPIC in BrawlBox, it says it's STGPENGUIN. Does this have something to do with it?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
murio, lol
Garbagehead4, try this.
Change STGDOLPIC to STGDXGARDEN
Then put this .rel file on instead.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8c6x5unddxr9u3v

That should work. The Jungle Japes stage itself doesn't require a .rel file, so I'm sure you need one, and I think I properly converted this.
If not, let me know and I'll try again.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Very good, will download later.

Thanks man.

Question: Just wondering, what are the stages over Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, and Saffron from?

EDIT: I had to change the Pictochat stage to a different stage, the one I had over it before, because of the unplayability due to sliding on your version.

EDIT 2: All I did was replace the .PAC file, and now my old stage is there, but the textures aren't. Does anybody know what I could've done wrong? I've changed a couple other stage textures on your pack to meet my preference, but this didn't occur when I changed them.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Hey a few suggestions man:
1.you should use the recently released HD peaches castle 64(the one on this thread) instead of the one if your pack.

2. you should leave hyrule 64 alone and put the different version (red roof singular tower) in your pack over something else.

210stuna

Smash Lord
1.you should use the recently released HD peaches castle 64(the one on this thread) instead of the one if your pack.
How would I be able to change it to the HD version? The HD version is made for Frigate Orpheon, and is regular version is put over Lylat Cruise.

EDIT 2: For the 64 Zelda Castle stage the guy on the beast SFX plays at a certain time and keeps replaying for a long time, the sound is very faint but still there. Not trying to nitpick, I'm just letting you be aware.

Another thing for me is when I pick Mario on the stage you put over Rainbow Cruise, for some reason he keeps shinning and when you zoom in on him with the camera his eyes go every were like a lunatic. So far it's only occurred to Mario for me, but I haven't tried everyone on that stage.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Question: Just wondering, what are the stages over Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, and Saffron from?

EDIT: I had to change the Pictochat stage to a different stage, the one I had over it before, because of the unplayability due to sliding on your version.

EDIT 2: All I did was replace the .PAC file, and now my old stage is there, but the textures aren't. Does anybody know what I could've done wrong? I've changed a couple other stage textures on your pack to meet my preference, but this didn't occur when I changed them.
Picto = Penguinland
RC = Rice Beach
Saffron = Rooftop
The base of those stages is on BrawlVault somewhere.

I was contemplating removing the sliding, as it's a pretty cool stage otherwise, but I'll be keeping it for a while as it's the closest thing I've currently seen to a 'functional' stage that has a decent amount of ice in it.
Maybe fix it later, possible anyway.

Did you try the .rel file change?

2. you should leave hyrule 64 alone and put the different version (red roof singular tower) in your pack over something else.
Does the HD just look nicer?
I could change it and adjust the Spawnpoints again, would be pretty easy. TY

Hyrule 64 as it is, is not something I'll be keeping. There are other textures of the edited version, but I'm not keeping that old thing. It's easy to change if you want to though.

How would I be able to change it to the HD version? The HD version is made for Frigate Orpheon, and is regular version is put over Lylat Cruise.

EDIT 2: For the 64 Zelda Castle stage the guy on the beast SFX plays at a certain time and keeps replaying for a long time, the sound is very faint but still there. Not trying to nitpick, I'm just letting you be aware.

Another thing for me is when I pick Mario on the stage you put over Rainbow Cruise, for some reason he keeps shinning and when you zoom in on him with the camera his eyes go every were like a lunatic. So far it's only occurred to Mario for me, but I haven't tried everyone on that stage.
The HD version can be altered to work using a .rel file, no problem.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I have a version where that's fixed, (we nitpicked it too) so I'll fix that and upload it again soon. (after a few more things)

That stage probably has a couple issues with it, as it's had very little play-time on it. I'll probably work on it. If that's just an ascetic thing, then I probably won't bother with that particularly.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'd recommend tweaking Brawl Minus' 1337M stage to add to this. IMO it's much more interesting and visually appealing than Rice Beach, for example, and even its name SCREAMS that it belongs in PM. Also, why replace SSE:Jungle? Yeah, it's big, but so was Hyrule Castle and you still kept that but with edits. I'd like a smaller SSE:Jungle much more than the stage it's replaced with, since the new one is much less distinct in layout. And I love how Jungle looks, and losing that for a bunch of clouds with eyes is not worth it.
I like everything else about this pack, but losing one of my favorite stages and the blockiness of several stages, mostly Rice Beach and the Pictochat one, are the only things stopping me from downloading.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Did you try the .rel file change?
Yeah

Does the HD just look nicer?
I could change it and adjust the Spawnpoints again, would be pretty easy.

The HD version can be altered to work using a .rel file, no problem.

I can't even get that Penguin stage to play right, and the same thing goes for the Princess Peach 64 stage. I'm still trying, but with the converter and doing it over Lylat Cruise isn't going right for some reason. I agree with Murio though, it's a nice addition. That's why I'm trying to get it.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
R@bid, The only stage I'm considering replacing right now is the stage of Delfino, as it's mostly unaltered from the original, has had very little play-time on it locally, and likely has some issues.
I'll look into the 1337M thing, so that might be a good option.
I've also always liked SSE: Jungle and planning to test versions of it until something works. That stage is fun.
The Clouds are staying, as it's a good stage. Same with Rice Beach as it is here, and the Penguin stage at least for now.
Hyrule 64 had a drastic change, and we have many versions of it, so SSE: J will be getting the same treatment eventually.

By 'play right' you mean change it's location? Same with Peach 64?
I'm not sure how to help you out aside from doing all of it and re-uploading, but when you're trying to change what stage they're over, make sure you're using the .rel files that they came with in the Upload I did. Anything else could easily mess it up.

This stuff will be getting tweaks this week, and I'll look into all the stuff mentioned here. TY peeps.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I do like the clouds stage, I just think that it's not worth losing SSE:Jungle for. Rice Beach and the Penguin one do look like they have have decent layouts, but I'm just picky over aesthetics.:p and why the delfino one? That actually appears alright both in layout and looks, and looks simple enough that it shouldn't cause the lag you mention.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Found another cool stage. It's not that great layout wise, but visual are fantastic. With a big layout overhaul, it would be really great for the pack, though I'm unsure if you'd be interested in that. It's ItalianStallion's Water Temple. With edits and added platforms, you could maybe make it a retexture of Rice Beach that doesn't look so basic.
Other possibilities are hazard less Pirate Ship-always liked the feel of that stage, even if it's not very balanced as is- and a non walk off Gannon's tower that keeps the falling blocks gimmick.
All of these are just suggestions for if you need more stages.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I've seen Water Temple for sure, but it would take some heavy edits to make it viable.
As a texture, as you mentioned, that could be good. I don't really care about ascetics yet, but we have multiple textures for most of these stages and I simply posted the originals. I might deal with that later. Rice Beach is a solid stage as it is. haha

Pirate-Ship (without the silly) is pretty cool, but I'm not putting that on. Tried it before, with many re-size edits etc to make it functional. There's just too many good stages.
1 we haven't tried is a shrunk-down SSE, which is on the list.

The Delfino one has some shininess astetically, could use an edited camera I think (one of the cameras I didn't touch too much), a blast-zone adjustment, and a slight move in the platforms, as they're too high and far apart to nullify some hard-camping issues (which unfortunately are the primary reason stages like SSE, the original Kongo, and almost even Rumble Falls are just not overly functional in a competitive environment)
There's nothing stopping it from happening as there's no middle-ground platform on a stage that wide, and that isn't acceptable by balance standards. We'll see though, I have an idea that's small, but it might be enough.

Yay, which ones are your libertyernie? :D

geno

Smash Apprentice
This is so fantastic! So many stages checked back to "on" on the random stage select. I'm especially loving the Paper Mario, Bowser's Castle, and the new Brinstar.

As for what is being said about a Pirate Ship without the extra effects being made; whatever happens, we just need to get a competition ready Wind Waker stage!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
My Wii freezes on any character select screen after I added in some stages from this thread.

The ONLY changes I have made are as follows:

Replaced these original stages from PM: http://imgur.com/aZn6oSB
with textures/remodels in this thread.

Replaced these images in system/common5.pac and menu2/mu_menumain.pac: http://imgur.com/DZa0MhR
with the appropriate images in the thread above following the exact instructions in the Spoiler from this post:
http://smashboards.com/threads/bowsers-castle.331918/page-3#post-15232670
I absolutely know I replaced the correct files.

In the rules menu, I can freely view and toggle the stages in the random stage select screen.

I can play as every character except Pokemon Trainer in Subspace Emissary.

Yet for some reason, my Wii freezes with that awful beeping sound whenever I try to enter the character select screen in Brawl, Special Brawl, Classic, All Star, Event, Stadium, Training.

Where should I start?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
This pack doesn't include anything in the menu2/mu_menuman.pac area, so if you use these images there, make sure they're resized etc.
I would assume it has something to do with this, as it's a menu-screen issue you're having, though I really don't know why it's on the CSS...

As wel, this pack doesn't include anything over Battlefield, etc, so if you're replacing those stages, make sure you're properly converting the appropriate .rel files (this means more than just re-naming them)
I'm sure you're doing this, and I'm not sure how to help you otherwise.
Try getting rid of it all/re DLing PM/something like that, and try again. It's possible you accidentally replaced something related to the CSS in your process of adding this stuff.

In other news, with file patch code 3.5.3 and cBliss, this thing is going to expand into a Doubled + WAY more Stage + Character pack in the near/distant future.
I love people, they do good work. <3

210stuna

Smash Lord
Dat cBliss though

Woo, you think the next P:M update will have it installed for everyone?
I heard some problems might occur with some characters though, because it's coding wasn't made specifically for P:M

Is this true Nausicaa

EDIT: Did you ever upgrade the Princess Peach Castle to the HD one lol?
Does that green Metroid stage glitch towards the bottom like the old one did?

Some of those character textures look baaaaaaad aaaaaaaaaa**

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
This pack doesn't include anything in the menu2/mu_menuman.pac area, so if you use these images there, make sure they're resized etc.
I would assume it has something to do with this, as it's a menu-screen issue you're having, though I really don't know why it's on the CSS...

As wel, this pack doesn't include anything over Battlefield, etc, so if you're replacing those stages, make sure you're properly converting the appropriate .rel files (this means more than just re-naming them)
I'm sure you're doing this, and I'm not sure how to help you otherwise.
Try getting rid of it all/re DLing PM/something like that, and try again. It's possible you accidentally replaced something related to the CSS in your process of adding this stuff.

In other news, with file patch code 3.5.3 and cBliss, this thing is going to expand into a Doubled + WAY more Stage + Character pack in the near/distant future.
I love people, they do good work. <3
You're going to include both codes in the pack? And including more characters? That is great. I'm already running 3.5.3 in my PM, but I can't find enough good alternate PSAs/textures to fill up my second folder.
And as for cBliss, that gets weird in PM due to the team color changes, doesn't it? Are you going to remove the PM codes before you add cBliss?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It's a big project (huge) and by the end, there won't be contradicting codes, etc.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the Green Metroid previously glitching. The Metroid Stage (NORFAIR) that comes WITH Project: M is glitchy as ****, and that's 'partially' been fixed. The Green one is completely fine, it was a separately made thing long before PM made their Norfair.

I highly doubt PM will have cBliss in the next build, or any expansion mod. It's best they work on the foundation they have (PM isn't complete even WITHOUT expansions, so adding more is silly), and considering how slow and steady the progress is on things like stages, or anything outside of basic character functions, it's unrealistic to think they'll change directions with the next update. Eventually, sure, but it's too early for that in development. Patience, + that's what we're here for. ;)

Didn't do the HD thing, I'm on the road and won't be working on this stuff for a while.

210stuna

Smash Lord
It's a big project (huge) and by the end, there won't be contradicting codes, etc.
I'm asking this because I've yet to upgrade your pack, and one thing I noticed was one or two stages shadows not acting right, and the green Metroid stage being glitchy. Norfair has always been good for me, so no worries there.

Well I do appreciate your pack. I'm sure I've already told you this, but just in case I haven't you've made me one very happy Yoshi, enough to get me thinking of releasing my own build "based" on yours

Happy Yoshi is happy

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Hey Nausicaa, I made a version of Bowser's Castle where the cave itself is bigger, because It looks wierd when the players fly behind the stage and they go into the background. Also, I made a Modified version of Yoshi's island that was made by WingedKoopa67. You can look at it in the adapting stages thread.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Sweet, shall do.
It's great to have that thread there and a bunch of people working on this kind of thing. Good stuff sluigi123!

After playing on this list for a while, we've found some silly glitches with things. The Project: M Norfair edited still has glitch issues, but things like (every) Peach Castle 64 has a looping issue in some animation somewhere (I assume with the bottom shifting platform) that will make all characters fall through a specific part of the main bottom platform at the same time.
Random crap like that. Lots of work to do. haha

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I love this pack so far from what I've played (just a few minutes). Lots of new, creative stages from a nice variety of series (Orpheon and Brinstar, unf <3). Two complaints, though. Zero F-Zero rep, and replacement of Delfino Plaza. Probably fanboy bias speaking here, but even if I didn't play on Delfino much because of a few of its stage configurations, I do love the stage. Why not a modified DP with better configurations?

Also, there's a modded Big Blue from DabessDI's stage pack that I loved; you may want to consider including it (or a variant since it had flaws). It was set up to have the main platform as Falcon flyer, and a single standard-size rocket-platform floating around in mostly the same spot. The Flyer was placed closer on the Z-axis in front of the Big Blue track, and a standard drop zone was below the Flyer. Its only problem was that the "beak" of Falcon Flyer was a curved edge... not exactly the easiest ledge to recover onto, and you could slip off the stage just for standing on the curve. Nonetheless, if there were a way to fix it... I'd say that this stage pack ought to be standard for 2.6. I assume this pack IS going to be updated (at least, I hope), no?

Top Bottom