• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Then he knew, he, he was in-bread.
what the foxtrot oh my gosh stahp

Ever since Smash for N64, I have always shipped Captain Falcon with Samus. Even with Brawl and people pairing her with Snake instead. And now, some are pairing Falcon with Wii Fit Trainer. But I remain steadfast in my one true Smash Bros. pairing.

I once wrote a fanfic where Marth and Zelda became involve with each other, but I never finished it, and removed it from the Internet a while ago (it was called "Smash Life").
Aye, It feels like everyone's been pairing people away with the newcomers. They're hot stuff, you know?

And here I am just sitting with my Zelda x Marth OTP, ignoring all the new potential candidates.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Because, believe it or not, the majority of people are Hetero. But if it makes you feel better, the canon strongly implies the possibility of :4myfriends: being gay
However, the canon of FE:A strongly implies that :4myfriends: has at least slept with a woman. Priam in FE:A is a descendant of Ike (even bearing the Ragnell as proof) and there's only one way for him to pass down his blood.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
However, the canon of FE:A strongly implies that :4myfriends: has at least slept with a woman. Priam in FE:A is a descendant of Ike (even bearing the Ragnell as proof) and there's only one way for him to pass down his blood.
Eh, Priam could potentially be a descendent of Ike's sister, Mist. (Not trying to take sides or imply anything about Ike. I'm just saying, it's possible.)

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'd go with either Shulk X Ike or Shulk X Falcon. The whole twink X hunk dynamic is a little overplayed but it just makes so much sense for Shulk hahah!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm willing bet Ike is bisexual. Or some chick forced herself on him.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm just gonna say it right now in regards to people that think Ike is gay; Nintendo is pretty heavily against homosexuality. It's a fairly family oriented company that doesn't give in to the pressures of the market or "new norm". I agree with their stance myself.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm just gonna say it right now in regards to people that think Ike is gay; Nintendo is pretty heavily against homosexuality. It's a fairly family oriented company that doesn't give in to the pressures of the market or "new norm". I agree with their stance myself.
Have you played Awakening? Kjelle and Severa are both canonically Bisexual. Really, it just depends on series.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just think that the majority of nintendo characters are actually asexual
Have you played Awakening? Kjelle and Severa are both canonically Bisexual. Really, it just depends on series.
Well Fire emblem isn't made internally by nintendo, It's made by intelligent systems

Same with pokemon, it's a good bet that at least of of the characters is gay, even if it's never actually stated

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is that ever actually stated? Or is it just fan-assumed?
I've never played Awakening. I don't really like FE.
It's stated. In the Harvest Scramble DLC, Kjelle gets drunk on a truth serum and tells Severa that she loves her. It's also hinted at in their supports together, but the DLC confirms it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just think that the majority of nintendo characters are actually asexual
....yeah lolnope.

We have Mario and Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Jr., Wario all confirmed to be straight.
Link and Zelda also confirmed, Ganondorf heavily implied. Impa possibly as well.
DK, Diddy, Candy, and Dixie all confirmed straight.
Samus is straight.
Kirby heavily implied straight.
Marth is straight.
Fox and Krystal, Falco implied.
Most Pokémon have male/female counterparts for reproduction.

Need I go on?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
....yeah lolnope.

We have Mario and Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Jr., Wario all confirmed to be straight.
Link and Zelda also confirmed, Ganondorf heavily implied. Impa possibly as well.
Samus is straight.
Marth is straight.

Need I go on?
Ghirahim confirmed bi. Or just homosexual. Or maybe omnisexual? o.o

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
....yeah lolnope.

Samus is straight.
Marth is straight.

Need I go on?
I don't see how Wario, Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Impa and Samus couldn't be
Mario and Peach's relationship seems like it's fabricated, there's evidence suggest it's all just a stage play
There's a reason I said majority

Either way I seriously think nintendo needs to get with the times, not just this technology too.
I believe after the tamadotchi life controversy they said it's a possibility for the next game

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't see how Wario, Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Impa and Samus couldn't be
Mario and Peach's relationship seems like it's fabricated, there's evidence suggest it's all just a stage play
There's a reason I said majority

Either way I seriously think nintendo needs to get with the times, not just this technology too.
I believe after the tamadotchi life controversy they said it's a possibility for the next game
They did say that.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This is getting ugly. Can't we just all agree that the fun of shipping is putting together unusual pairings, regardless of sexuality? Yeah, you might think that Mario is straight, but if someone wants to ship him with Marth, that's their prerogative.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This is getting ugly. Can't we just all agree that the fun of shipping is putting together unusual pairings, regardless of sexuality? Yeah, you might think that Mario is straight, but if someone wants to ship him with Marth, that's their prerogative.
Exactly!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't really care about sexuality when it comes to ships. There's just more to a person than that.

I personally think good ships comes from great dynamics, and how one another fills in their beloved in a way they only can.

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to comment here, as Nintendo did apologize for not putting same sex options in Tomodachi life, and promised to do so in the next one

I myself love the death out of :4littlemac: and :4zss:, as there's just something about them that kind of resonates with me. Although :4lucina: and :4robinf: are cute as a couple or mother/daughter. (Seriously hoping we get same sex options in the next FE game, since some of these kids are just begging to be hooked up, like Kjelle and Severa.)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The following is a list of canonically LGBT characters in Nintendo games:
  • Vivian (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
  • Tony (EarthBound)
  • Kjelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Heather (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
  • The Magypsies, though their case is admittedly a bit iffy due to not actually being human... (MOTHER 3)
That's just off the top of my head, and I'm not counting anyone merely hinted at, like Wolf or Ike.

I'm definitely sure there's some joke pertaining to Xenoblade here and I'm regretting not playing the game yet to get it.
You should DEFINITELY play it! It's amazing. But the joke is that Dunban's right arm is completely paralyzed and pretty much in a constant state of pain.

And he still manages to be the most badass character in the game.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
The following is a list of canonically LGBT characters in Nintendo games:
  • Vivian (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
  • Tony (EarthBound)
  • Kjelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Heather (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
  • The Magypsies, though their case is admittedly a bit iffy due to not actually being human... (MOTHER 3)
That's just off the top of my head, and I'm not counting anyone merely hinted at, like Wolf or Ike.

You should DEFINITELY play it! It's amazing. But the joke is that Dunban's right arm is completely paralyzed and pretty much in a constant state of pain.

Vivian? Not convinced on that one. Yeah, Beldam refers to her by male pronouns in the Japanese version... but that could just be a really, really low insult. I can confirm Kjelle, though.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Vivian? Not convinced on that one. Yeah, Beldam refers to her by male pronouns in the Japanese version... but that could just be a really, really low insult. I can confirm Kjelle, though.
Vivian is confirmed to be transgender I'm pretty sure. Goombella states in in the japanese version

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

So basically, Duster from Mother 3?

Wat.

They should meet.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Along with discussing the nobility and viability of a relationship, issues with canonical representations versus the fandom's or personal belief will inevitably happen.
However, to say that canon is the most noble of all representation is not entirely true, and to deride those who stray is generally, though not exclusively, contrary to the idea of shipping. On the other hand, to ignore the canon's representation and, more importantly, the reason and ideal they choose to represent a character in a certain way or as a certain opinion is an offense against the nature of the character itself, rather, its creators.

Caution, then, and civility. Always remember this.

:4samus:×:4littlemac:
Short gent and tall lady are an endearing pair.

:4bowser:×:rosalina:
The way he heckles Rosalina seems like the way kids will pick on each other to hide affection. I'm not sure she's having any of it, though.

:4peach:×:4fox:
She made tea for him in The Subspace Emissary, and he accepted it - even in the middle of a dogfight. Bow wow!

:4falcon:×:4lucina:
Notice how careful he was not to actually hit her in the trailer? He just wanted to impress her with the concussive force of his punch going past her face. Robin stepping in was probably a relief for him.

:4wiifit:×:drmario:
Health and fitness! Though, their relationship may strain when WFT's exercise program puts everyone in good health, stealing clients and profits from the good doctor.

And of course...
:4dk:×:4lucina:
:4dk:×:4palutena:
:4dk:×:4peach:
:4dk:×:4robinf:
:4dk:×:rosalina:
:4dk:×:4wiifit:
:4dk:×:4zelda:
:4dk:×:4zss:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
:laugh:

Wouldn't work because Riki is already getting it on with Tingle. Middle-aged men in pint-sized looks and crazy spells.

It's canon.
Riki's wife isn't satisfying him, so maybe somebody more similar to him like Tingle would work well.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Well, I love shipping, so...

:4falcon:x:4lucina: would probably be the best thing ever for me. It's silly, but I can just see Falcon having a bit of a soft spot for Lucina before and moreso after punching Chrom out of Smash. It just seems natural. Like a guardian that watches over Lucina all the time, driven by guilt or Lucina being a talented, gifted but unexperienced fighter that Captain Falcon likes to train/watch over.

:4littlemac:x:4samus:
Most people have made a convincing case that these two are an incredible ship. I agree myself.

:4wiifit:x:warioc:
Obligatory healthy woman x unhealthy man pairing. Except it also seems natural. Or.....

:4villager:x:4wiifit:
A lot of people like to ship this. I don't get it, but I would just think that Villager has a childish crush on her.

I'll try to think of more.

Top Bottom