• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boofer

Smash Ace
http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40937185&pid=928518

Dunno how much we can take this into account, but this was found on the BrawlCentral forums.
Yeah. Basically Snakey is ChronoBound on SmashBoards. He created a list as a guess based on all of the more "credible" leakers and the 35 character limit. According to other supposedly reliable leakers on the neogaf.com forums, his guess was 100% accurate. ChronoBound himself said he was shocked by it.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Is Snakey there ChronoBound??
Ya. Many people think Markman just saw and decided on the Final roster from that list.

Others think that Markman knew it all along and when seeing the postulated list, he said that that was it.

Who knows. We'll see in about a week.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see how R.O.B. can roll, grab, etc.
You're kidding right? All he could do was grab blocks!
Naw. The ROB they are talking about is the one from StarFox, I wish people would stop talking about this. I think Smash needs a robot character, it's better than another damned anthropomorphic animal.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Aha, I see now, thats a hella lucky guess man...

I just don't see how R.O.B. can roll, grab, etc.

And figuring as his name is "Famicom Computer Robot" in Japan, I don't think they'll use such a generic character with an even more generic name.
Here is a generic Character with a more generic name:

not to defend R.O.B or anything but he is an important piece of Nintendo's history, he is a perfect WTF character.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
This thread has about a million pages now so I'll say it again...
Where is the random character box? This is fake...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Now I'm totally confused...has it been confirmed which "ROB" has been "confirmed"? Seems like everyone is talking about two different characters.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
looking briefly around the Neogaf forums, it didn't take very long to find a lot ill-sentiment towards the smashboards and it's users. There are several posts of people actually enjoying the commotion that has been ensuing over this 35-roster. I think these neogaf-ers have some sort of vendetta against other non-elitist gaming forums.

the most skeptical thing about Reno is that he didn't give out a roster...he barely mentioned any names ( I think he said ROB was in, and Sukapon was out.) All he did was tell someone else (choronobound) that the roster he had pieced together was correct. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the exact words being, "that's your roster." Truth be known, it was, indeed, Chronobound's roster...he authored it himself.

And all Markman did was say that Reno was correct, and then a mod from neogaf came around and vouched for them both.

all the language that's been passed unto us from the Neogaf boards has been incredibly vague, and probably chosen under great scrutiny. After all, they can't spread false information under the threat of being perma-banned from Neogaf (I'm not even sure the validity of this supposed threat.) The point I want to make is that spreading false information is a more direct action than what I've been reading from these guys.

Their words have been more indirect...they spoke very vaguely, and left the real spreading of false statements to be done by everyone on these boards. Everyone has lost their heads over this, when it's very possible that they spoke with the intention that our misinterpretation would actually be doing the dirty work, and causing the pandemonium that apparently is viewed as hilarious over on Neogaf.

edit: and the ROB confusion is a HUGE red flag. Someone should ask the "leakers" who mentioned ROB, which one they meant. I'm pretty sure they don't even know, or have changed their "preferred ROB" over the course of this.

Boofer

Smash Ace
And theres rumors flying around that Ness wasn't always on the 35 roster list but was quietly editted in after the nintendo leak.
Ness was ALWAYS on ChronoBound's list. I'm sure I was one of the first few that looked at it, as I constantly check his Ultimate thread. Ness wasn't on a different list that had nothing to do with ChronoBound.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I disagree with this theory for a number of reasons. First of all, R.O.B. just does not seem logical. I mean, a real wtf character and all, but considering the standard SSE enemy thing pretty much screws over his chances. I mean, by that logic Goomba or a Primid have shots at playable character. ROB from Starfox was seen in the trophy launcher, pretty much says it’s not him either. Since that has been gone over dozens of times, I’ll move on.

Another reason I disagree is because of another article that was found where Sakurai supposedly said there was at least one more third party character. I don’t know if it was ever proven to be false (I know it was heavily mistranslated though at first).

I also just can’t believe the final roster would appear in such a sporadic order. It’s certainly possible but after Melee’s organization with the stages and characters, why would Sakurai throw them in there so… randomly? It’s kind of messy, honestly.

I think there certainly could be a 35 character roster, but it seems like this was made up by a person using the information from some of the most reliable “leakers” so far (like NyaseNya and ChaosZero). R.O.B. and the roster order just kill it for me, but it seems to remind me of what happened with Melee….

Boofer

Smash Ace
I disagree with this theory for a number of reasons. First of all, R.O.B. just does not seem logical. I mean, a real wtf character and all, but considering the standard SSE enemy thing pretty much screws over his chances. I mean, by that logic Goomba or a Primid have shots at playable character. ROB from Starfox was seen in the trophy launcher, pretty much says it’s not him either. Since that has been gone over dozens of times, I’ll move on.
The fact that he's mentioned so often in S.S.E really could mean anything. Maybe we get a different version of R.O.B. He really qualifies as the perfect WTF character, and he's a bit different from the other generic SSE enemies, as he's the only one that we know of that is a part of Nintendo history. (edit: correct me if I'm wrong about this. I admit that I'm no where near the biggest Nintendo nut on here.)

I also just can’t believe the final roster would appear in such a sporadic order. It’s certainly possible but after Melee’s organization with the stages and characters, why would Sakurai throw them in there so… randomly? It’s kind of messy, honestly.
Actually, the order makes tons of sense if you look at the mock up roster. Franchises form perfect columns when all of the secret characters are added. As a character is added, all of the characters to the right get pushed to the right one space. This is based on the mock up though, so this is not proven.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Chronobound made a compilation roster of all the prophets who said 35. He didn't make this mock up. It turns out the compilation he made is the same as roster as the one on the first post.

The mock up picture is a mock up picture.

The outstanding evidence of this roster is who the secret charcters are, but the positioning of the character on a 35 character mock up.

R.O.B. would make a perfect WTF character. You know, many games allow you to play the enemy. A LOT OF GAMES. Like play as storm trooper/Sith in Star Wars games. Play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. Captain Blue in Viewtiful Joe. In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, you can unlock the villains as playable characters.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Chronobound made a compilation roster of all the prophets who said 35. He didn't make this mock up. It turns out the compilation he made is the same as roster as the one on the first post.

The outstanding evidence of this roster is who the secret charcters are, but the positioning of the character on a 35 character mock up.

R.O.B. would make a perfect WTF character. You know, many games allow you to play the enemy. A LOT OF GAMES. Like play as storm trooper/Sith in Star Wars games. Play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. Captain Blue in Viewtiful Joe. In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, you can unlock the villains as playable characters.
Yeah, who needs COOL villains like K Rool and Ridley?! We want a little plastic toy who can barely move! AWESOME! Honestly, do the supporters of this roster actually want it? If they are wrong, they look like *******es and are made fun of, if they are right EVERYONE loses and get a terrible roster, but at least they were right. It's like Atheists! It's a lose lose situation!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, who needs COOL villains like K Rool and Ridley?! We want a little plastic toy who can barely move! AWESOME! Honestly, do the supporters of this roster actually want it? If they are wrong, they look like *******es and are made fun of, if they are right EVERYONE loses and get a terrible roster, but at least they were right. It's like Atheists! It's a lose lose situation!
I didn't say I wanted it and I figured this theory out. But me not wanting it is not a disconfirmation.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

In my oppinion, a game doesn't need a WTF character, as the common term is used on these boards. I'm uncertain still wich ROB we're talking about, the starfox android who has never been playable and the only thing he does is be annoying and a C-3PO rip off, or the ROB machine, the one who can carry multiple collored blocks.. And since that ROB is a Subspace enemie with unoriginal attacks at that (Rockets..?), I think it's best to let this slide. I hope so, anyways.

The creator of this fake roster might have thought: "Wait, we need a WTF character, or else they won't believe me." - Playing the ennemie in Brawl? The funny thing is, ROB never was the ennemy before, just recently. Issn't it a bit wierd directly calling playing as ROB "playing with the enemie"?

Come on, no one is going to play as ROB if he really is a character. It's a waste. Some people who might want to be "special" and populair might go and main ROB just because they want to show you they can play with the unpopulair character.

Nah, this character is goin' in the metal scrap emmidiatly, whichever ROB it is. :p

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Looks like ShortFuse is up from his 3 hour sleep.

Anyways, some people are saying that the whole 35 character roster thing is debunked due to some guy admitting falsity of his statements, while other people say otherwise.

I'm beginning to wonder what the real deal is here...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think it would be R.O.B. because he does complete the Icon Theory. As for "his move set would make no sense": Look at G&W. He's just a 2D Sprite

Looks like ShortFuse is up from his 3 hour sleep.

Anyways, some people are saying that the whole 35 character roster thing is debunked due to some guy admitting falsity of his statements, while other people say otherwise.

I'm beginning to wonder what the real deal is here...
That's actually people not being able to read, saying Chronosbound made the mockup. He never claimed that. He just said he found the same 35 characters on his speculation list and he wanted credit for discovering it first and wanted to go "told you so"

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
Saying people wont main Rob is stupid. Last I checked, people began changing who the "mained" as they realised how good each character was. Someone might initially "main" Pichu and then turn to someone else.

That could easily imply to R.O.B. Sure, he's a lame character, but if hypothetically he is in the game, has an awesome move set, and performs very well as a character, do you think people will ignore him? You could bet on him popping up as a regular at tournaments.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Unlike Mr. Game & Watch, ROB would be a "wtf" character for all the wrong reasons. As in, "wtf is this piece of **** doing as a playable character?"

He's not even a "character" for goodness sake. Mr. Game & Watch may've been a bit strange compared to the rest of the Melee cast, but ROB would blatantly be the odd one out in Brawl, because he's not a videogame character.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Didn't this involve some dude named Snakey over at NeoGAF, though?
Read man, read. Snakey = ChronoBound. Maybe you should put the whole ChronoBound situation in your 1st post, ShortFuse.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Read man, read. Snakey = ChronoBound. Maybe you should put the whole ChronoBound situation in your 1st post, ShortFuse.
Well I read somewhere that they called Snakey "the ChronoBound of NeoGAF". I didn't think they meant it literally. :rolleyes:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Something got me thinking:

21 starting roster, with 9 newcomers and 12 veterans. Combinations are one and the same.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus/ZSS
Kirby
Fox
DK
Yoshi
Peach
IC
Zelda/Sheik

Pit
Wario
Ike
PT
Metaknight
King Dedede
Lucas
Diddy
Olimar

I'm going to take a shot and say that 14 characters is fair enough, with seven veterans and seven newcomers.

My prediction for the seven veterans:

Ness
Jiggs
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Marth
Mr. G&W

With Sonic, Lucario and Snake, I think that leaves but four newcomers, which means I think the 35 roster here has too many vets coming back.

Falco
Wolf
"Toon" Link (lawl)
NES ROB

Something tells me that the four I've got listed are the main contention factor, and at least two are fakers. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Toon Link and Wolf are the guys who are fake, instead of NES ROB. Falco is pushing it.

I'm showing you how a 35 character setup would work, and to maximize surprise the last four I listed don't exactly cut it. This is but a theory and is NOT a fact. For things to fall even once more we'd have to have a cast of 42. UH...

okiyama

Smash Ace
ROB? At there we got a really seriously major WTF character, if this is real.

Where's captain Falcon, any roster without him I think is kinda unbelieveable.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Something tells me that the four I've got listed are the main contention factor, and at least two are fakers. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Toon Link and Wolf are the guys who are fake, instead of NES ROB. Falco is pushing it.

I'm showing you how a 35 character setup would work, and to maximize surprise the last four I listed don't exactly cut it. This is but a theory and is NOT a fact. For things to fall even once more we'd have to have a cast of 42. UH...
Question: Is this what you think will actually happen, or is it what you think SHOULD happen if we get 35 characters? Do you think that we will get 35?

Outlander

Smash Rookie
35 characters?...LAME! As Okiyama said theres no Cpt. Falcon, also i believe Lucario was basically confirmed by Brawl Central. Also as i agree with Samurai Panda and Youko that Krystal and Ridley will be put in the game. I don't think i could settle for anyhting less then 40 characters, i heard a japanese newpaper said theres 48 character, but they said that to tease fans? Well i would like an equal number of veterans and newcomers in the final roster.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
People need to remember that while only a couple of unlockable newcomers is rather lame, there are still 12 or so other newcomers in Brawl, even if they are part of the starting roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom