• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compiling data for kill percents on characters.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
This is an experiment and a quick test that I did against Sheik on Final Destination. The following are percents that I recorded for primary kill moves on Sheik. Note that these are when the Deadly Blow (red lightning) hits, not when the AI just ended up dying. The AI was set to Stop, and I did not allow Ike to hit 100%, for the sake of avoiding rage.

Also note that Roll is the distance the character rolls from the ledge upon ledge snap recovery. This is VITAL to know as you can read that percent and bait out the roll in order to practically guarantee a kill with a pivot FTilt or perhaps even a pivot FSmash.

vs. Sheik
Stage: Final Destination

UTilt - 96%

Bair:
Ledge - 78%
Roll - 88%
Midscreen - 110%

USmash - 82%

FTilt:
Ledge - 93%
Roll - 102%
Midscreen - 126%

DThrow - 162%

Dash Attack :
Ledge - 85%
Roll - 99%
Midscreen - 127%

FSmash:
Ledge - 44%
Roll - 52%
Midscreen - 70%

Vs. Sheik (Battlefield)

UTilt
Flat - 100%
Platform - 91%

Bair
Ledge - 85%
Near - 100%
Midscreen - 114%

USmash
Flat - 86%
Platform - 77%

FTilt
Ledge - 100%
Near - 118%
Mid screen - 133%

Fair
Ledge - 101%
Near - 118%
Midscreen - 132%

DThrow
No DI - 169%
DI - 177%

Dash Attack (sweet spot)
Ledge - 95%
Near - 116%
Midscreen - 133%

FSmash
Ledge - 50%
Near - 62%
Midscreen - 72%
I plan on doing this for more characters, primarily tougher matchups and higher tiers, such as Luigi, Rosalina, and Captain Falcon before moving onto others. I want to do this primarily for Final Destination and Battlefield since FD and SV have the same blast zones, while BF has a larger blast zone on all ends. If anyone is willing to contribute, you are more than welcome to.

This data may provide the difference between a hopeful kill and a surefire kill. This may also make the difference in your mixups as your opponent's damage builds.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
One thing to note, training mode doesn't have rage, so Ike's percent doesn't matter.

Also 'Stop' has the CPU DI most of the time, if you set them to control they don't DI.

Also the Lightning effect shows when the game says you 'should' die from a hit, but people can live through it with DI if they are barely in the kill percent range.

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Got some Sheik data for Battlefield. Doing Sonic next.

Yeah, I added the DI to DThrow. It's situational, so all percents are bare minimum. I may compile DI in the future unless someone wants to.

I set my Speed to 1/2 (Hold L) and hold down + away on the dummy controller when I connect the move.

Top Bottom