• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Peach Guide Rundown (Wii U/3DS) Updated 5/8/2015

P.J.☆

Smash Rookie
Peach Bomber is so good in this game. It comes out extremely fast (same speed as FAir if not, faster.) and can KO at around 90%.

It also has a little less range than Brawl and has soooo much more endlag.

It also has much better particles.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Great insight. You went all out on this, huh? lmao. Can't wait to teach this pup new tricks again.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also, could you possibly show us the variants of Peach's custom moves, in GIF or image form? Highlighting which section of the stream showcases that would be cool too! Thanks!!!!
I can't make gifs from a video on twitch. I'll as NinjaLink If he can showcase a video of her custom moves and add them on youtube.

Wow, simply amazing detail. I thank you for this! Can't decide if she's really good or just slightly better than where she was. One thing is for sure I think she's definitely better than she was in Brawl due to actual kill power, and also due to no edgehogging. No edgehogging is a HUGE nerf for most everyone else but only a slight nerf for Peach due to being able to gimp due to float.
From my first time actually playing people in the game, she is hard. More then brawl. But the trade is she is really good.

Any turnip news??
Just that you can still get mister saturns.

From playing her, it seems that I can really shield poke well with dairs. It may be the move or that shield poke is kinda gone. But I could not really shield poke peoples shields.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Melee/brawl, you can stab peoples shields with dair or any poking move. In this game I really could not get that to happen.

Great insight. You went all out on this, huh? lmao. Can't wait to teach this pup new tricks again.
Teach who now?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, sorry tired.

Almost forgot, I figured out how you up-B cancel. When falling landing near the ledge/platform. when you do, hold forward. If you do it correctly, you will slide off. It's kinda the same method as turnip cancel.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guess I'll say it again here. If people wanna talk to me or wanna have a group chat about Peach, I have made one on Skype. Just send me your Skype via PM. So far there are only 2 people in the group.

Or you can just add me at "Dark.Pch"

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can someone confirm this for me?

With a bomb, Link can cancel landing lag from air dodge aerials, bow, and boomerang catch by pressing down+B on the ground, causing him to instantly throw it. Can Peach do the same?

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Thanks for this Dark! I don't know if you remember me, we used to play Brawl online friendlies. Can't wait to get more of your insight on Peach. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Can someone confirm this for me?

With a bomb, Link can cancel landing lag from air dodge aerials, bow, and boomerang catch by pressing down+B on the ground, causing him to instantly throw it. Can Peach do the same?
Never knew this was possible. I'll try it today at a tourney. Thanks for this.

Thanks for this Dark! I don't know if you remember me, we used to play Brawl online friendlies. Can't wait to get more of your insight on Peach. :)
I remember you. Met you back in the melee days. I'll have more insite today since I'm going to a PM tourney that has smash 4 as a side event. I won't be entering I won't be entering since I have no cash for the events. I will be playing friendlies though and show these people just wat this character can do. I feel I will surprise a lot of people with her today since she is under the radar.

I'll share more stuff when I return from the tourney.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dark is she HIGH TIER ???????

What do you honestly think

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Dark is she HIGH TIER ???????

What do you honestly think
Peach has potential but sadly I don't think she's going to be HIGH TIER. There's too many essential tools that have been nerfed, a stronger F-air is a huge plus but I feel as though this Peach is ironically even less combo/damage heavy than Brawl's design lol.

Going to have to wait and see though. Her offstage game could be outright nasty w/ the new ledge mechanics and the proper player behind the controller. Looking like a 15% chance I'll main her again but will likely just pull her out to see if I can move quickly with whatever new flashy tech available or just to iron out a rough matchup if the tournament set calls for her.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
About 2 days ago, I played PB&J's pacman online with peach and duck hunt dog (but mostly peach), and I have been loving her so far. She feels like a character nobody is really talking about, when she obviously deserves it. Just wanted to let you know that peach has a lot of potential competitively this time around, and is not someone to underestimate.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach has potential but sadly I don't think she's going to be HIGH TIER. There's too many essential tools that have been nerfed, a stronger F-air is a huge plus but I feel as though this Peach is ironically even less combo/damage heavy than Brawl's design lol.

Going to have to wait and see though. Her offstage game could be outright nasty w/ the new ledge mechanics and the proper player behind the controller. Looking like a 15% chance I'll main her again but will likely just pull her out to see if I can move quickly with whatever new flashy tech available or just to iron out a rough matchup if the tournament set calls for her.
As for someone who has Played the game and competed in his first tourney with her, I'm gonna have to say I don't agree with what you said here. But I will get to that shortly. I'm gonna first talk about the stupid crap that happened to me at this.

Since I got a chance to touch Peach in this game and play people, I have been turning heads. People go on about how my Peach has done some creative stuff and really like watching me play her. To a point, my ride asked if I was entering. And I told him no cause I had no money for event. And he said I needed to enter and spotted me for the event. At the tournament I believe I got 7th. now here is where I get irked.

I fought a Yoshi and lost bad. Main reason for that was I could not figure out how to approach him. So I got hit for free. But after I went home I found out and noted why I lost. Then decided to write notes on my PC on what I could have done. And I came up with some answers along with the other things Yoshi does. So I know what I have to do vs him next time. Then I lost to a DK. This pissed me off the most because I had a hard time controlling her. To a point I SD on my last stock one game. Most of the tings I tried to do I could not do them well and I was super free for a hit. Even simple punishes out of shield. I just could not have full control with how I have to play her and win. I felt I could have done so much better at this. But I just could not gain full control of her (or at least keep it). This for a short period of time made me actually hate using her in this game (and this is coming from me of all people). I could not stand the fact that I have a character who I will say takes more work to control then any other character in this game. To a point I feel she is unplayable. The only thing I will say that I have not had much time to be with her in the lab since I don't have the game. The only time I play is when D1 has other people come through with the game and we have smash session. Thus I don't practice controlling her. I have to get use to it just by playing people. But even because of that, I was highly upset. And still am a lil. As I said in this guide, she is a dam challenge on the 3ds.

Now with that out the way..........

"I feel as though this Peach is ironically even less combo/damage heavy than Brawl's design lol."

That's not true. As I stated in the guide, peach is more of a free style character when it comes to combos. She has a 44% is combo that I discovered. And around 20-30% combo at mid %. There are 2 ways to do this.

FC Dair > FC Dair > Double jump >Toss turnip >Nair
Same as above but instead of nair, you up-B. You can upair as well and just get the first hit if you are good with the spacing and get the min spike with it.

It all connects. And since Peach has that no stale glitch, the stun is good enough for these to work. And she does good damage in this game.

People need to stop worrying about the nerfs. Use your strengths to cover you weakness. That's for every character. In any kind of fighting them. That's how you do damage. Worrying about whats bad and think the character is bad cause of it is not doing a thing at all. I stay preaching this to people all the time. She actually has some **** that will annoy the hell out of the opponent. if you can use your pros to cover your cons, that's your fault. You did not work hard enough and should blame yourself. Just how I blame myself for not being able to control peach enough to place as high as I think I could have. My character is hard to control to a point it annoys me. But if I can't handle the challenge, that's my fault. Cause once I handle it, I am God.

As for this high tier stuff. I don't really wanna talk about it. There are many factors that decide how characters are in the game. Which I feel people tend to ignore a lot. I made a thread about this already in the 3ds competitive talk so you can look there for I don't wanna repeat myself again here. So I will speak in general of her.

She is a great edgeguarder. her up-B is good enough to deal with the new ledge engine. She has good ledge traps like Z dropping a turnip near ledge when enemy is trying to jump of stage of regrab it. It's a free combo with dair. This makes it seriously dangerous for one to get back on stage vs her. She has one of the best, if not, the best movement option in the game. She now has decent combos at even mid %. Like FC Dair > double jump >turnip >Nair. Her upair is really good and hard for a lot of characters that I seen to beat. Great nair to regrab set ups that are hard to react too. Good speed. Great freaking range on her fair. Can cross up opponents with her nair. Solid techs.

She is pretty solid character. In terms of tiers, I will not say if she is high or not, reason for that you can see in the tier list thread I made. Peach is nowhere near a bad character, and anyone that thinks so can kick rocks and learn to actually do some dam research on her before they open their mouth.

About 2 days ago, I played PB&J's pacman online with peach and duck hunt dog (but mostly peach), and I have been loving her so far. She feels like a character nobody is really talking about, when she obviously deserves it. Just wanted to let you know that peach has a lot of potential competitively this time around, and is not someone to underestimate.
it's funny you say that. I had to fight him in tournament on saturday. I ended up winning the set.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't know if I'll play this game competitively on the DS really.

The controls hurt my hands.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I feel fine with them on the 3ds. I guess it's because I don't really try to play to fast. I just time my movements at the times I am able to do something and it just comes out ok. I'm not sure how to explain it. So it does not hurt my hands. Good control of her is what pisses me off. I heard there is some adaptor to play the game with a cube controller. I don't know to much about it or if you need a special kind of 3ds for it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Although it's not really a big deal since the Wii U version is coming out really soon too.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I ended up winning about 6 or 7 out of the 9 matches I played against pb&j, but he said my duck hunt was better than my peach, but I won with both, so I'm good.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, I changed my mind on where I feel Peach will wind up but thanks for that post anyways Dark (so everyone else can see it, I pretty much understand how a character should be played to be viable.. especially considering Peach was my main in Brawl).

She'll be interesting. Still don't think I'll main her though.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
As for someone who has Played the game and competed in his first tourney with her, I'm gonna have to say I don't agree with what you said here. But I will get to that shortly. I'm gonna first talk about the stupid crap that happened to me at this.

Since I got a chance to touch Peach in this game and play people, I have been turning heads. People go on about how my Peach has done some creative stuff and really like watching me play her. To a point, my ride asked if I was entering. And I told him no cause I had no money for event. And he said I needed to enter and spotted me for the event. At the tournament I believe I got 7th. now here is where I get irked.

I fought a Yoshi and lost bad. Main reason for that was I could not figure out how to approach him. So I got hit for free. But after I went home I found out and noted why I lost. Then decided to write notes on my PC on what I could have done. And I came up with some answers along with the other things Yoshi does. So I know what I have to do vs him next time. Then I lost to a DK. This pissed me off the most because I had a hard time controlling her. To a point I SD on my last stock one game. Most of the tings I tried to do I could not do them well and I was super free for a hit. Even simple punishes out of shield. I just could not have full control with how I have to play her and win. I felt I could have done so much better at this. But I just could not gain full control of her (or at least keep it). This for a short period of time made me actually hate using her in this game (and this is coming from me of all people). I could not stand the fact that I have a character who I will say takes more work to control then any other character in this game. To a point I feel she is unplayable. The only thing I will say that I have not had much time to be with her in the lab since I don't have the game. The only time I play is when D1 has other people come through with the game and we have smash session. Thus I don't practice controlling her. I have to get use to it just by playing people. But even because of that, I was highly upset. And still am a lil. As I said in this guide, she is a dam challenge on the 3ds.

Now with that out the way..........

"I feel as though this Peach is ironically even less combo/damage heavy than Brawl's design lol."

That's not true. As I stated in the guide, peach is more of a free style character when it comes to combos. She has a 44% is combo that I discovered. And around 20-30% combo at mid %. There are 2 ways to do this.

FC Dair > FC Dair > Double jump >Toss turnip >Nair
Same as above but instead of nair, you up-B. You can upair as well and just get the first hit if you are good with the spacing and get the min spike with it.

It all connects. And since Peach has that no stale glitch, the stun is good enough for these to work. And she does good damage in this game.

People need to stop worrying about the nerfs. Use your strengths to cover you weakness. That's for every character. In any kind of fighting them. That's how you do damage. Worrying about whats bad and think the character is bad cause of it is not doing a thing at all. I stay preaching this to people all the time. She actually has some **** that will annoy the hell out of the opponent. if you can use your pros to cover your cons, that's your fault. You did not work hard enough and should blame yourself. Just how I blame myself for not being able to control peach enough to place as high as I think I could have. My character is hard to control to a point it annoys me. But if I can't handle the challenge, that's my fault. Cause once I handle it, I am God.

As for this high tier stuff. I don't really wanna talk about it. There are many factors that decide how characters are in the game. Which I feel people tend to ignore a lot. I made a thread about this already in the 3ds competitive talk so you can look there for I don't wanna repeat myself again here. So I will speak in general of her.

She is a great edgeguarder. her up-B is good enough to deal with the new ledge engine. She has good ledge traps like Z dropping a turnip near ledge when enemy is trying to jump of stage of regrab it. It's a free combo with dair. This makes it seriously dangerous for one to get back on stage vs her. She has one of the best, if not, the best movement option in the game. She now has decent combos at even mid %. Like FC Dair > double jump >turnip >Nair. Her upair is really good and hard for a lot of characters that I seen to beat. Great nair to regrab set ups that are hard to react too. Good speed. Great freaking range on her fair. Can cross up opponents with her nair. Solid techs.

She is pretty solid character. In terms of tiers, I will not say if she is high or not, reason for that you can see in the tier list thread I made. Peach is nowhere near a bad character, and anyone that thinks so can kick rocks and learn to actually do some dam research on her before they open their mouth.

it's funny you say that. I had to fight him in tournament on saturday. I ended up winning the set.
I see lots of potential like her peach bomber buff which again is amazing, her killing options r increased, even tho her damage output is nerded she can still rack up damage like crazy. She can combo like d-throw>F-tilt>peach-bomber. She's faster and is stronger, she might not be the best character but I'm sure that she'll be atleast upper-mid tier... Thank u dark peach for telling us more about peach and I love watching u play brawl and I hope u exceed at smash 3ds and wii U but I think ur having trouble because the controls. If it was on the GameCube controller or whatever controller U played u probably wounded done better Cuz I played wii remote with the nunchuck and the 3ds controls r hell, but good luck once again

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
If custom moves are available in tournament, I could see some crazy good potential for sleepy and grumpy toad, and diagonal bomber... I wish I had more ramblings.

From the very small amount of time that I did get to play Peach, I did like what she has right now. HOWEVER: I think at best she will be low high tier. I don't know, I think it's going to take time to figure out what exactly she has to do in this game. I'm seeing a lot of down tilting and side b :>

If she is bad, which ~could~ happen, I'm dropping her as a main and using Rosie without a second thought. That chick is so much fun, holy hell. I might ramble more about Peach in this game later, but it's accuracy might not be the best, due to lack of exposure.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Updated the thread, check the second post! its about the lag cancel the turnip

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I got the game. Peach is very good, bu Dark is right. It will take a lot of practice to use her right, theres so much to her. Her edgeguarding is AMAZING thanks to the revamped Up b you can gimp reallyyy low below the stage!!!!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
ARRGGH I REALLY WANT THIS GAME BUT DON'T WANT TO FAIL MY PHD

:/

Soon...very soon...

@ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces I am pleased to see your Smash 3DS main has changed to Peach now :>
Hahaha yes. I actually plan to double main peach and ness, possibly triple main peach ness and yoshi. eventually. i'm gonna start off all peach though

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Something to note about Peach's up smash! After testing it with Peachkid during a session of trying to figure out the properties of her moveset, we can confirm that her super sweetspot is indeed back. The tip of her hand did 15% uncharged and didn't kill a fellow Peach at 80%, while the super sweetspot did 18% and killed, with the possibility of lower, on Final Destination!

For those of us that are newer to Peach, her old super sweetspot is located at her shoulder level, rather than her outstretched hand. It was easiest to test this with another Peach due to her float mechanic. If you manage to get a situation where you know you can hit with this, do it! It's still one of her strongest kill moves, though still one of the most situational.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
for fair ya gotta wait for her to put the crown on her head.
you can also land fairly laglessly if you buffer dair/fair/nair out of your sh.

HonorBasquiat

Smash Rookie
Very well written and informative analysis of Peach from a competitive perspective. She has a lot going on for sure.

From experience, what do people feel are the best ways for her to approach? Float down air? Also, what are her best bread and butter consistent combos that work on a wide array of characters.

Top Bottom