• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I honestly hope MAD isn't dropped. I like wavelanding on platforms and Pikachu's QAC into wavedash is awesome srsly.

Only thing it really needs is more lag after free fall and of course it takes massive lines. I still somehow manage to fit it into my codeset though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
One thing that needs to be added to the triple jump which I just pmed is the lag after landing from a "yes!". Also happens with ganon.

@kupo:
Yeah, the german ones are my favorite, which isn't so surprising since in general I prefer "german music" or whatever (<3 the three B's), although Vivaldi has a special place in my heart. Not that I have any disdain for other country's music, but man do I love Brahms, haha.
Love Brahms. Saw the phily orch play Brahms 4 <3
I honestly hope MAD isn't dropped. I like wavelanding on platforms and Pikachu's QAC into wavedash is awesome srsly.

Only thing it really needs is more lag after free fall and of course it takes massive lines. I still somehow manage to fit it into my codeset though.
You have to be missing a crucial code.

Alopex

Smash Ace
All is clear now, Plasma. Thanks! Time to git crackin'!

Expect new results in 7.2 soon.

Then we'll get everyone to start saving up those 2 lines by using the 7.2 code.

shanus

Smash Hero
All is clear now, Plasma. Thanks! Time to git crackin'!

Expect new results in 7.2 soon.

Then we'll get everyone to start saving up those 2 lines by using the 7.2 code.
ohsnaps2lines

thanks for the help though, seriously :D

shanus

Smash Hero
Mookie, how much attention does Brawl+ get in the SBR btw? Is there not much talk going on in there about it or just not enough followers?

kupo15

Smash Hero
OMG. Brawl+ feels soo good. All we need is the horizontal air speed code and we are pretty much set as far as feel is concerned. Two more glitches left but ****..

shanus

Smash Hero
OMG. Brawl+ feels soo good. All we need is the horizontal air speed code and we are pretty much set as far as feel is concerned. Two more glitches left but ****..
It's pretty awesome I have to say. Nice work all, specially thankful of the coders!

GPDP

Smash Ace
What's the Sonic Triple Jump glitch, again?

Also, are we messing with shield regeneration at all? Are you, kupo?

zxeon

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're truly in favor of this project or are a troll.

Also, most of the community isn't in favor of Super Smash Bros. Slip n Slide, so you might want to take MAD out of your code list.
And no ASL? Come on now.
as long as he has the buffer at 1 it won't go all slip and slide. You need to keep up with the facts.

shanus

Smash Hero
kupo what have you changed recently in your files? Anything that would merit me testing a new gct? Also, could we get the standard gct to get a stagefreeze on norfair and falcon's new level whatever its called?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I did a bunch of testing with a friend, and here are some (fast paced) settings we enjoyed if anyone's looking for a place to start:

Downward gravity 1.30
Shorthops .95
Hitstun 9.25% (yes, we tested 9 and 9.5)
Shieldstun v7.2 *2.5, +3
50% Hitlag
1 frame buffer

And the stupid(ly fun) dash cancel + no dash end animation.

No out of control juggles, tight control, no trouble with recoveries, and one Yes! combo. There's just enough shield stun and hitstun for a pretty good jab game. It's perfect for me.

I know we decided it would be difficult to make a no-fastfalled-c-stick'd-arials code, but did you ask PW what he thought about it yet, kupo?

kupo15

Smash Hero
kupo what have you changed recently in your files? Anything that would merit me testing a new gct? Also, could we get the standard gct to get a stagefreeze on norfair and falcon's new level whatever its called?
sure one sec
I did a bunch of testing with a friend, and here are some (fast paced) settings we enjoyed if anyone's looking for a place to start:

Downward gravity 1.30
Shorthops .95
Hitstun 9.25% (yes, we tested 9 and 9.5)
Shieldstun v7.2 *2.5, +3
50% Hitlag
1 frame buffer

And the stupid(ly fun) dash cancel + no dash end animation.

No out of control juggles, tight control, no trouble with recoveries, and one Yes! combo. There's just enough shield stun and hitstun for a pretty good jab game. It's perfect for me.

I know we decided it would be difficult to make a no-fastfalled-c-stick'd-arials code, but did you ask PW what he thought about it yet, kupo?
I was planning on asking him when he provides us with the final triple jump code

shanus

Smash Hero
sure one sec

I was planning on asking him when he provides us with the final triple jump code
Thanks kupo, I'll just take whatever you are using and if you have the time to tack on the stage freezes too thatd be sick, but not crucial.

Edit: man simulposts ftw

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks kupo, I'll just take whatever you are using and if you have the time to tack on the stage freezes too thatd be sick, but not crucial.

Edit: man simulposts ftw
oh forgot the stage codes....

We are having trouble combining the
ALC
Lagless
No ASL
Buffering
Triple
Dash canceling codes

Can someone do this and color coat each code separately and color the changing values yellow also?

Almas

Smash Lord
Seems some of you may have missed it. I'd appreciate testing for:

Code:
Short Hop Height/Dash Speed Multiplier [Almas, 9 Lines]
045A9304 SHORTHOP
045A9308 DASHDASH
C285765C 00000006
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F00 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000

Short Hop Height/Dash Speed/Fastfall Speed Multiplier [Almas, 12 Lines]
045A9300 FASTFALL
045A9304 SHORTHOP
045A9308 DASHDASH
C285765C 00000006
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F00 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
2C002F5C 4082000C
C3FE1FFC EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000
Dividing by one isn't possible if you want decimal multipliers or additions. Express everything as a fraction.

For example, if I wanted a multiple of 2.8 with 3.5 added on, I'd rewrite:

2.8 = 14/5
3.5 = 7/2

Then I'd find the lowest common denominator:

14/5=28/10
7/2=35/10

So I would multiply by 28, add 35, then divide by 10. Which in hex would be a multiply of 1B, add of 23, divide of A.

Anything to do with gentle presses of L/R is truly impossible. The game is only capable of registering full presses. Preventing fastfalls with c-stick down is... implausible but possible given enough effort, I think. I'm not certain though.

And y'all need to stop saying things like "has he done it YET" or "JUST do this". It's somewhat patronising. We don't exactly load up WiiRD, type in "enable scarjumping" and POOF, it's done. I'm just in a bit of a foul mood tonight, but it's really quite frustrating.

Oh, and combining is more than just finding all the lines which are the same and deleting them. Y'all haven't been deleting the E0000000 80008000, have you?

kupo15

Smash Hero
oh right I should add those to the OP.

Almas, do you mind combining the codes I listed above yours?
Oh, and combining is more than just finding all the lines which are the same and deleting them. Y'all haven't been deleting the E0000000 80008000, have you?
Nope. Isn't combing something like delete the common beg lines, change a number the the amt of lines following and deleting the common ending lines? I know four codes share the same beg and ending lines

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That dash speed code looks intriguing. Sonic's about to engage warp speed.

I'll check it out for you tomorrow.

shanus

Smash Hero
Almas, I thikn a lot of people are just excited at the high turnout lately that they somewhat took it for granted. I know I, and I'm sure many others really am thankful for your hard work. I wish I knew how to do it so I could contribute more than just as testing, but I really have no idea how you guys do what you do. Your making awesome contributions and I really appreciate it.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Well, Giza will be saving 40!!!
Combining these codes is a lot more difficult then I thought it would be. My keeps wii constantly freezing or doesn't read past the first code.

edit: found my main problem, feel stupid. edit 2: or I didnt. Now I feel stupider.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Wow, 200 pages of Brawl+ enthusiasm.

I'm loving the new codes. Thank you for the shield regen one! And TJG fix works well (though the Yes! fix will be welcome).

I'm going to test your short hop modifiers, see what fits my fancy.

Just keep up the good work....cause I certainly can't keep up with it all.

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
yeah, could you give a direct line of hex to test on top of your explaination of how it works, i (and probly most) am still pretty hex illiterate.

thanx, can't wait to test it

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow, 200 pages of Brawl+ enthusiasm.

I'm loving the new codes. Thank you for the shield regen one! And TJG fix works well (though the Yes! fix will be welcome).

I'm going to test your short hop modifiers, see what fits my fancy.

Just keep up the good work....cause I certainly can't keep up with it all.
I informed PW. It should be fixed tomorrow.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Ugh, turns out 3/5 shieldstun isn't quite as perfect as I thought it was now that I'm testing other characters. Mainly because of certain weak hits.

I'll stay on it and keep you guys posted.

Also, the Version 1 and Version 2 codes aren't as similar as they first seem. You'd think that plugging in the same value for X and Z and then making Y=1 would give you exact results, but it actually doesn't for some reason. Using 3/5 and 3/5/1, Version 2 actually gave less hitstun all around.

I'm going to work exclusively with Version 2 from now on since it's clear that a conversion from Version 1 to Version 2 won't really give same results, so it's best to just stick to one code throughout.

Saving two lines it is!

shanus

Smash Hero
Ugh, turns out 3/5 shieldstun isn't quite as perfect as I thought it was now that I'm testing other characters. Mainly because of certain weak hits.

I'll stay on it and keep you guys posted.

Also, the Version 1 and Version 2 codes aren't as similar as they first seem. You'd think that plugging in the same value for X and Z and then making Y=1 would give you exact results, but it actually doesn't for some reason. Using 3/5 and 3/5/1, Version 2 actually gave less hitstun all around.

I'm going to work exclusively with Version 2 from now on since it's clear that a conversion from Version 1 to Version 2 won't really give same results, so it's best to just stick to one code throughout.

Saving two lines it is!
Just was abotu to say, tried out 3/5, definitely wasnt right. I shieldblocked mario's fireball, was trying to grab as i was right next to him, he got off a partially charged upsmash before i could grab. i think it needs some more tweaks haha

off to bed i go

Top Bottom