• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Common5.pac problem

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
I have recently put new stage icons for the stage expansion code with addition to brawl+. The older icons worked fine before and i have restricted the large icons to a size of 88-88 and the small ones 64-56. I loaded brawl through riivolution and it froze before the stage selection screen. Now even if I put a new common5 it freezes even before starting the game. When I don't have it, it does not freeze. It is as if riivolution can not load the common5.pac anymore. I also did not alter the riivolution xml.
Hope someone can help, I would appreciate it.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
The freezing used to happen to me. I believe it is because the Wii can only look at so much data at once. I found not including stage portraits on the side really helped.

But no common5 working is pretty odd.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
If you added portraits to your common5, make sure the total size of the sc_selmap does NOT exceed 1.14 MB.

I know I had to kill quality like a baws just to fit icons, names, portraits, and previews of 37 more stages.

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
I guess it froze because it was over the limit, but I still can't put a non-edit common5.pac without it freezing before I start the game. It really is frustrating. Maybe I have to try multiple common5.pac from the internet to get it to work.

Sir_Ham_Sandwhich

Smash Rookie
how do you decrease the quality to fit all those things? and how can you see what the size of the sc_selmap is? cuz when i choose some added stages itll freeze. like i tried kc-mm grand stadium, great desert, artic realm v2 and clock tower and they would freeze. how can i fix this cuz i dont want it 2 keep happening with more stages?

Top Bottom