• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Common Situations Easy Solutions (maybe) ^^

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
I think having a thread where we describe common situations that we run into could really speed the learning process along. So I'd like to start by posting a situation and then have someone hopefully describe the correct response(s). Then if all goes well we keep this going where we help each other out and I can organize all the situations with their correct answers. So I'll start off.

1. Marth vs Little Mac. mac dash attacks into me, I shield but his attack ends a little ways behind me... What's my best bet? Is that punishable? (this same thing happens with zero suit too)

my guess: short hop dair out of shield but...sometimes they're just too far away.

Anyways, let me know if you think this thread is a good idea or not. I know I at least would benefit from it.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Maybe a dancing blade if it was a perfect shield? Or just hop away while Bairing
and wait for another chance.

Designs

Smash Cadet
Most LM's I have encountered are way too quick to rush and thus predictable. Roll forwards and pivot grab or follow with a tippered reversal Fair. Your counter is always a great way to get LM airborne. Once he is up, the volleys don't stop. Get him off the ledge and he is done for. Just beat a guy 4 times straight in this matchup and he finally quit out.

Also if you taunt with LM......just don't.

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
Maybe a dancing blade if it was a perfect shield? Or just hop away while Bairing
and wait for another chance.
Remember I'm looking ONLY for solutions not guesses. To everyone really, if this or any situation posted here is one that you're intimately familiar with and have an answer to then that's what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
I think having a thread where we describe common situations that we run into could really speed the learning process along. So I'd like to start by posting a situation and then have someone hopefully describe the correct response(s). Then if all goes well we keep this going where we help each other out and I can organize all the situations with their correct answers. So I'll start off.

1. Marth vs Little Mac. mac dash attacks into me, I shield but his attack ends a little ways behind me... What's my best bet? Is that punishable? (this same thing happens with zero suit too)

my guess: short hop dair out of shield but...sometimes they're just too far away.

Anyways, let me know if you think this thread is a good idea or not. I know I at least would benefit from it.
you can fsmash/tilt behind you out of shield.

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
you can fsmash/tilt behind you out of shield.
I was thinking this but wasn't sure if there'd be enough time to do it. I'll give it a shot. but you can confirm this works? Like there's enough time from my shield stun and his recovery from dash attack?

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
I was thinking this but wasn't sure if there'd be enough time to do it. I'll give it a shot. but you can confirm this works? Like there's enough time from my shield stun and his recovery from dash attack?
sorry, can't confirm right now, i'm alone ):
you can also read/react to the dash attack and counter or jump back and fair or something.
it's not easy to get people who are so familiar with specific situations so early in the game's life <: )

Nasreth

Smash Cadet
perfect shielding is when you shield the instant you take damage. it makes it so there's no lag time and you can move immediately instead of your shield losing strength and slight lag time being given to you.

if you perfect shield the attack you can immediately smash or tilt him. if it's not a perfect shield your best bet is a short hop b-air to force him to shield while you escape from his followup attack. alternatively you could try turning around and grabbing if you're a gambling man.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
perfect shielding is when you shield the instant you take damage. it makes it so there's no lag time and you can move immediately instead of your shield losing strength and slight lag time being given to you.

if you perfect shield the attack you can immediately smash or tilt him. if it's not a perfect shield your best bet is a short hop b-air to force him to shield while you escape from his followup attack. alternatively you could try turning around and grabbing if you're a gambling man.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Powershield
pretty sure it's before you take damage

Top Bottom