• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo's with strange effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockeystick

Smash Apprentice
There was a combo I performed with lucas and it kept the opponent helpless on the ground. I don't know how to word it, but thats the best I could. I did a Nair+Up tilt. Then Up tilted more. Do any of you guys experienced this effect. Also is the way to score more consecutive hits with lucas. Do you have to DI the Nair a certain way that it forces the opponent into submission.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
If the opponent SDI's the utilt down, then they'll just hit the ground. It can lead to unexpected dtilt locks.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
I've never experienced that. There are some combos I've performed where the opponent was almost useless to counterattack. Here are a few:

Dthrow>Utilt or Uair
Nair>FH Fair>Falling Fair>Dtilt indefinitely
Dtilt*5>Fsmash or Ftilt
SH Nair>Mid-air Jump Uair
Nair>Fair2X>Bair spike off-stage

I don't know if these will be useful, but I do know that these set me up a lot of times for great KOs.

Welcome to the boards pockeystick! Glad to see another Lucas main!

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
-Pops in the character board of a charrie she never plays just to say this-
Sorry, this is driving me nuts seeing the title. It's COMBOS, not COMBO'S. COMBO'S is implying that the combo owns something. xD
/Grammar Nazi

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
-Pops in the character board of a charrie she never plays just to say this-
Sorry, this is driving me nuts seeing the title. It's COMBOS, not COMBO'S. COMBO'S is implying that the combo owns something. xD
/Grammar Nazi
lmao i didn't even notice

briarsauble

Smash Cadet
Hmm... So if you do Nair, when it hits the ground usmash, repeat doing usmash, and it (possably) pwns the person you are fighting?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Hmm... So if you do Nair, when it hits the ground usmash, repeat doing usmash, and it (possably) pwns the person you are fighting?
What they're talking about is uptilt, the thing where lucas flips and kicks directly into the air with some psi. I'm not sure how it locks, though.

What % was it in?

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
okay Its a buffered nair i do it all the time when on the last stock to play safe wat i do is SH Nair,Utilt,Utilt Usmash for me that always works but its mind games when you do ur tilts so the person didnt eggspect u to buffer the nair and nither did you but from there you Utilted and spammed it which is good i bet it would put me off my game if that happen to me too so thats all it is SHFF Nair,Utilt......

Levitas

the moon
uh, two things:

1. Don't bump old threads. If someone else does, don't post, unless there's something really important to add (if you're not sure, it isn't)

2. nair > utilt > utilt > usmash is in no way legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom