• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combos and General Strategies

StinkyHands

Smash Rookie
While mostly combos have been posted, is there a concrete way I should be playing Lucas? I play aggressively for the most part, going in with SH Nairs and such. Should I be playing another way?
I do this too, because I am also a naturally aggressive player. I like to be in my opponents face as much as possible. Lucas does lack in the neutral game though, just running in with the SH nairs doesn't always work out against good players. With Lucas I have found that playing patiently is better, because of this. Wait for your opponent to miss a dash attack, or land with lag, or something and then start your SH nair combos. You can play him aggressively, but you must be patient as well. I guess being patient applies to most characters, and fighting games in general, but when you like to be aggressive sometimes you can forget that.

Odaroloc

Smash Cadet
NNID
OriginalRave
While mostly combos have been posted, is there a concrete way I should be playing Lucas? I play aggressively for the most part, going in with SH Nairs and such. Should I be playing another way?
In all honesty, you can play whatever you feel most comfortable playing. I personally play defensively because Lucas can pressure from a distance. I can see Lucas playing offensively as well, though, since he has quite a few combo options.

If you're having trouble, stick to the edge and let the opponent come to you (unless they're also going to spam at the edge). Let them dash attack or whatever, and then shield grab and combo. Punish game is important, and Lucas has some devastating punishes.

Top Bottom