• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

combo that pisses people off

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
this combo is almost infinite unless the opponent jumps. (works especially well on heavy characters)
MUST BE QUICK or if your like hylian who is too slow then you will fail

down grab
neutral a ( 1 time)
down grab
neutral a (1 time)

(note after you use neutral a immediately down grabbing your opponent)

Ill post a video later

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is really really old and doesn't work.

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
I tried this online and against lvl 9 cpus and so far i infi comboed most of em
the trick is using neutral a as they slam down after down grab to force them to stand up

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was doing this since before the game came out in america. You are really ignorant.

This does not work for several reasons.

1. They can DI behind your dthrow. The jab may still hit them but it usually won't.

2. They can tech.

3. All the jab does is make them stand up. It skips the get-up animation and just goes straight to your opponent standing. Because of this, your opponent can just jab you or grab you before GW can grab again.

This only works vs really bad players.

And lmao at you calling me slow. You obviously don't know much about this game.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
*Gnaws on some popcorn.*

Aww~ Are we done measuring e-peens already? I was just getting good, too.

All due respect, Mr.Game_and_Watch, but you yourself admit that there's a way out of it. You also invited lashback from Hylian when you mentioned him in your opening post.

I think it'd be fair to say that the move is not an infinite combo, but it is a good combo. Even if you pull it off two or three times before the opponent gets free that's still a good amount of damage they're going to need to deal with. That being said, you can't rely on it too much or your opponent will quickly learn how to get out of it every time.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
one of the G&W gods :)
I dunno anything about that, but I'll just have to take your word for it. Besides, there's nothing in his argument I can really disagree with so he's clearly knowledgeable on the subject. :p

SnaggleTooth

Smash Cadet
Obviously this is not close to an infinite, as Hylian pointed out you can easily roll to the opposite side. Didn't you also mention it only works as long as the opponent doesn't jump?! What kinda idiot is going to lay on the ground the whole time and let you grab them again. Even if they mashed the buttons to get out, they'd still end up hitting A before you and interrupting your 'combo.' I've picked up GaW for about a week now, and I already can see this definitely isn't a combo...

Nice try...

DYF

Smash Cadet
This seriously is the greatest combo ever!

but for some reason it only works when the other player leaves their controller on the table:laugh:

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
This seriously is the greatest combo ever!

but for some reason it only works when the other player leaves their controller on the table:laugh:
All right. I think ya'll have made fun of the topic creator enough now. He had a bit of hubris in him, and he got set straight. Let's stop before we really do become the bad guys. :p

Lag

Smash Journeyman
yeah this is easily escapable. it might work with an unoriented opponent, but other than that, it won't work.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
On the realz, it's more realistic to just consider the d-throw to tech chase. Much easier, and you can actually be able to regrab.

As for the topic poster, that only works if you're playing Bowser, Dedede, or Donkey Kong, and even then, it's fallible.

I'll money match you in Melee.

Scrub.

Top Bottom