• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Help?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DDD isn't really a combo-heavy character, is mostly about keeping your opponents away with his range, and punishing their mistakes.
His combos are mostly Dthrow into aerial, Nair into stuff, and (at low %) Utilt into aerial.
He might have more stuff, but those are the most reliable ones

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
DDD isn't really a combo-heavy character, is mostly about keeping your opponents away with his range, and punishing their mistakes.
His combos are mostly Dthrow into aerial, Nair into stuff, and (at low %) Utilt into aerial.
He might have more stuff, but those are the most reliable ones
He may not be Mario Bros-esque, but I think he's definitely one of the stronger combo characters in the game. He has guaranteed combos into high % on many characters.

OP, here's a few you should know:
0-25%: D-throw -> Nair -> (depending on weight of character) heavy: falling nair, light: retreat
0-40%: D-throw -> Fair -> D-tilt OR (on floaty characters) falling nair
0-40%: D-throw -> Bair -> F-tilt (F-tilt not guaranteed, but can work at low %)
40-80%: D-throw -> Up air

All %: Jab1 -> Jab2 -> D-tilt OR Grab OR D-smash

10-20%: Falling nair -> Up tilt -> SH Nair OR another Up tilt

Also, experiment with up-tilted Gordo. It's probably the most diverse tool in Dedede's arsenal, and creates a lot of mix-ups and ledge traps. You can try something like placing a Gordo, throwing them into it and intercepting their hitstun with something like up air or nair.

Also try using inhale and spit out. It tends to put opponents within range of your fair.

Last edited:

AlextheTwin

Smash Cadet
For me, 95% of the time I am using Dthrow into Nair at low percents and Dthrow into upair at high percents. That's my bread and butter. And yes, as above said, jab --> jab--> downtilt I prefer over 3 jabs as it has less ending lag and does the same damage I believe.

I also try to go for stuff involving gordos. But it's more of a bonus when it happens, as the gordo is mainly for distraction. Sometimes you can hit them into a bouncing gordo, have the opponent bounce right back into you and then nail them again, so sometimes you can pull off a combo like: downsmash --> bouncing gordo --> bair/fair/upair. Pretty sweet when it happens.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He may not be Mario Bros-esque, but I think he's definitely one of the stronger combo characters in the game. He has guaranteed combos into high % on many characters.

OP, here's a few you should know:
0-25%: D-throw -> Nair -> (depending on weight of character) heavy: falling nair, light: retreat
0-40%: D-throw -> Fair -> D-tilt OR (on floaty characters) falling nair
0-40%: D-throw -> Bair -> F-tilt (F-tilt not guaranteed, but can work at low %)
40-80%: D-throw -> Up air

All %: Jab1 -> Jab2 -> D-tilt OR Grab OR D-smash

10-20%: Falling nair -> Up tilt -> SH Nair OR another Up tilt
that's more or less what I meant except I wasn't too specific/hype about it
Also, experiment with up-tilted Gordo. It's probably the most diverse tool in Dedede's arsenal, and creates a lot of mix-ups and ledge traps. You can try something like placing a Gordo, throwing them into it and intercepting their hitstun with something like up air or nair.

Also try using inhale and spit out. It tends to put opponents within range of your fair.
Gordos are risky. Definitely worth the shot, but risky nonetheless.
Inhale is good, too, but not a combo tool. It's a pressure dealer/breaker.

Last edited:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Up tilted Gordo is much safer than standard Gordo. The opponent has to approach it to smack it back and many people don't know what to do in that scenario, so you can get a free grab or punish.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
once the percent is too high to do nair > utilt you can do uair instead btw.

Last edited:

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble actually being able to inhale the Gordo. Is their a technique to being able to pull that off?

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Inhaling your own Gordo or one that's been reflected?

You can't inhale it when you put it out initially, but I believe you can inhale a reflected one. I would highly advise not doing that though, inhale has too much start up time and makes Dedede a sitting duck while he swallows it. Much safer to just throw out a jab or catch the Gordo and send it out again at the slower speed.

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
that's more or less what I meant except I wasn't too specific/hype about it

Gordos are risky. Definitely worth the shot, but risky nonetheless.
Inhale is good, too, but not a combo tool. It's a pressure dealer/breaker.
Up tilted gordo is super safe, and there are many ways to use Gordo's without getting punished, it's just you have to spend a lot of time mastering how to use them

Top Bottom