• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combing into falcon punch

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
I keep seeing uair-> falcon punch combos in combo vids as a proper unbroken combo and all other kinds of falcon punch craziness, yet whenever i thy it in a match the upair always seems to have the wrong knockback or something

wondered if anyone could give me some help with percents/ characters it will work at, as im sick of only being able to master the stomp-> punch combo like in melee

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
You have to set the u-air up so that you do it the instant before you hit the ground for it to work in a real game.

nUb_

Smash Rookie
heh just practice your jump cancels. Eventually you figure it out for your own. Personally i like doing a dtilt, u air, JC u air, JC spike.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
get a lighter character, and SHDair, zcancel, jump B. some damage is required beforehand tho.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Against Link or Falcon

1. U Smash

2. U Smash

3. Quick Double Jump, U + A (air) [Go-Through]

4. Wait, Fwd + A (air) (one hit)

5. U Smash.

6. Jump, U + A. (air)

7. Mid Air Jump + Falcon Punch. (air)

From Platinum Kirbys combo guide

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
wow Dre, what a coincidence, I was just reading that faq right now >_> mindgamezz.....anyway, the percent is I think around 60 percent where you uair them, then they are at 72 percent, so you double jump and then falcon punch. the bad thing is that since the uair stun time ain't awesome, the range of percentage for the falcon punch to connect is pretty small.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It is easier to do in the Japanese version since falcon has a higher jump.

Aww beat me to it.

Unless you're realllly realllly good with falcon, and by that I mean as good as superboomfan, I wouldnt suggest trying this in a match vs a good player online. It requires a lot of skill, and even with moderatly good DI its easy to escape if you're not really really fast at getting off that falcon punch.

Id say practice platinumkirby's instructions for doing the combo 0-death on falcon or link (same weight) on some public people on emularena grounds x. Basically everyone who plays smash there save a handful of people have garbage DI and are easy to combo, myslef included I play falcon but I cant DI to save my life in ssb64, all I can DI is the easy stuff, drills and ledge DI. I cant escape combos like some people can.

I dont like uair falcon punch. I prefer down air to pop them up into a falcon punch, easier, and safer. And I only do it vs people who are worse than me, because its too risky vs someone my skill level or higher.

Play to win, not to be flashy. But practice your flashy stuff on newbs who cant KILL YOU everytime you make a slight mistake, like isai could.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Aww beat me to it.

Unless you're realllly realllly good with falcon, and by that I mean as good as superboomfan, I wouldnt suggest trying this in a match vs a good player online. It requires a lot of skill, and even with moderatly good DI its easy to escape if you're not really really fast at getting off that falcon punch.

Id say practice platinumkirby's instructions for doing the combo 0-death on falcon or link (same weight) on some public people on emularena grounds x. Basically everyone who plays smash there save a handful of people have garbage DI and are easy to combo, myslef included I play falcon but I cant DI to save my life in ssb64, all I can DI is the easy stuff, drills and ledge DI. I cant escape combos like some people can.

I dont like uair falcon punch. I prefer down air to pop them up into a falcon punch, easier, and safer. And I only do it vs people who are worse than me, because its too risky vs someone my skill level or higher.

Play to win, not to be flashy. But practice your flashy stuff on newbs who cant KILL YOU everytime you make a slight mistake, like isai could.
thanks for the advice, i still play this on an n64 so ill try it on my friends

on closer investigation, it seems the best way is
uair close to the ground- land- jump- falcon punch
is this generally right?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i like to look cool
So? That doesnt mean you should sacrifice a stock trying to land something you know you cant land on someone who DI's well. Id rather just go for an awesome as **** combo I know will work, rather than try uair to falcon punch vs someone who owns.

When I play some n00bycake Im all about the flash lol, my opponents DI is horrible therefore I can do the most ridiculous 0-death combos I can think of

Top Bottom