• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Smash Fest 7/6 - 7/7 (Friday and Saturday)

Sliq

Smash Master
According to Rye:

Hey guys, I'm gonna be hosting this smash fest.

It will start friday at 7pm (after I get off work). I'll head to my bros and set things up. It will last through saturday for as long as people are there. If this means early sunday, then so be it. Let me know who will want to be here friday vs sunday. Last time I did this, one person showed up randomly on sunday and I answered the door in my jammers. DON'T BE THAT GUY.

This is being hosted at my brother's house. He gave me permission to use it while he's out of town. Now, this means a few small ground rules-

• Don't break any ****.
• No drinking. I'm way to lazy to id and keep track of people and his neighbors are ***** and are likely to call the police if people start getting drunk-rowdy.

I will provide food and drinks for everyone. If this makes you feel guilty, bring 2-3$ cash and leave it on the counter. This is not mandatory whatsoever, and will not be used to judge your character in the future. Make your requests for soda/snacks now or be at the mercy of my snack selection.

If people wish to stay the night, there are a few places to stay: the couches (very comfortable), the fold out bed, the guest bedroom and the floor. There are very few pillows and blankets, so it's up to you to bring those if you need them.

All people are welcome to come. I would love for PA to show up. As for everyone else, you forfeit your *****ing privileges if you don't bring a setup that includes a tv. We have 2-3 tvs there, but only 1 cube, so if you can't bring a tv, bring a cube and smash.

Also, for those interested, we will have 3 internet linked computers with separate copies of Diablo 2 expansion ready to play. The ladder just reset, and I know what I'LL be doing between matches

Whoever started this thread should update the title: Columbus Smash fest (polaris area) on 6/7 to 8/7 or something like that. Tell your firends (if you have any).

You heard him folks.

As for sleeping, I call standing up in the closest.

mathos

Smash Champion
Well CoK cannot do weekdays. More specifically Mathos cannot do weekdays. So out of the weekends what is good for you guys. I'm suggested the 7th because there's only 2 left and well I'm busy on the other one.

Sliq

Smash Master
Anytime on the weekend you guys can play. Well, at least anytime between now and FC.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
There is a chance depending on which day/time of day this is held that I can come.

Edit: The 6th is bad for me and its 50/50 whether i can come the 7th

Sliq

Smash Master
Don't make it on a Friday unless you guys don't mind having people over until very early in the morning. Some people have things to do on weekdays.

mathos

Smash Champion
Sliq are you sayinf Friday or Saturday is better?

But really Rye will be hosting this smashfest so whatever works best for him will likely be done.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
Mathos: my interpretation of what sliq said was it was better on Saturday

cinci people: My ride isnt confirmed yet and its starting to look shaky whether or not I can come. Stopping by dayton might add around 15-20 min extra to get to colombus, does anybody think they will have room to pick up paradigm and I on your way? According to mapquest it would go from an hour and 30 min to an hour and 47 min

Edit: ride found

Sliq

Smash Master
Personally, Saturday is better, but it really doesn't matter which date it is on.

soap

Smash Hero
Soap on a Rope will be there

goddd deeziee

my bad on the triple, but three times as much soap is better than none

mathos

Smash Champion
Alright I talked to Rye and the smashfest is on for SATURDAY July 7th. He didn't mentioned a time but I'm thinking anytime will be good as long as you post or call me or Rye. My number is 740-816-2168. His address is:

1872 Summersweet Circle
Lewis Center, OH 43035

I just noticed Rye hosted a pre-FC smashfest last year too! Rye also wants to know if people want to smash on Friday night or Sunday morning. Post your comments.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Yayuhz I am there. This time I won't get lost too. How do I mess that up. Good times. Anywho do work this will be fun.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm gonna be hosting this smash fest.

It will start friday at 7pm (after I get off work). I'll head to my bros and set things up. It will last through saturday for as long as people are there. If this means early sunday, then so be it. Let me know who will want to be here friday vs sunday. Last time I did this, one person showed up randomly on sunday and I answered the door in my jammers. DON'T BE THAT GUY.

This is being hosted at my brother's house. He gave me permission to use it while he's out of town. Now, this means a few small ground rules-

• Don't break any ****.
• No drinking. I'm way to lazy to id and keep track of people and his neighbors are ***** and are likely to call the police if people start getting drunk-rowdy.

I will provide food and drinks for everyone. If this makes you feel guilty, bring 2-3$ cash and leave it on the counter. This is not mandatory whatsoever, and will not be used to judge your character in the future. Make your requests for soda/snacks now or be at the mercy of my snack selection.

If people wish to stay the night, there are a few places to stay: the couches (very comfortable), the fold out bed, the guest bedroom and the floor. There are very few pillows and blankets, so it's up to you to bring those if you need them.

All people are welcome to come. I would love for PA to show up. As for everyone else, you forfeit your *****ing privileges if you don't bring a setup that includes a tv. We have 2-3 tvs there, but only 1 cube, so if you can't bring a tv, bring a cube and smash.

Also, for those interested, we will have 3 internet linked computers with separate copies of Diablo 2 expansion ready to play. The ladder just reset, and I know what I'LL be doing between matches :)

Whoever started this thread should update the title: Columbus Smash fest (polaris area) on 6/7 to 8/7 or something like that. Tell your firends (if you have any).

mathos

Smash Champion
Rye bringing the hammer down (or his pally is [bad d2 joke]). What characters do you have Rye?

I'll be bringing one setup, and will be there friday and saturday.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
I started frost/nova sorc. It's my staple, and I've made probably 10-15 level 90+s of it so I know it well. Plus, It's my job to item hunt for my friends, while they gear up my alt (Haven't decided what yet... usually I go Zeal pally cuz it's easy and fun)

If you guys find any sorc stuff you don't want, offload it with me. I'm also in a DIRE search for a Sol and a Tir rune, as well as a 4 socketed staff of any type.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot man.

EDIT - There WILL be gummi bears. You have been warned.

mathos

Smash Champion
good lord you put us to shame me and FF. What's your name so I can add you to my fl. I bet you can guess my name.

And Sliq this title doesn't match Rye's title. I was completely lost.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Rye was taken (popular name apparently...) so I'm Ryedan on d2. You know, cuz my real name is dan? Oh don't worry, you'll get it. One day you'll get it.

I haven't had as much time to play d2 as I wanted.

Also, my title was wrong. It's MM/DD not DD/MM

Sliq- The closets are a nice place to sleep if you don't mind sleeping with a vacuum. He's frisky.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
There's a good chance I can go, along with my brother and another friend I don't think ya'll met yet.

We can't be there Friday, so it looks like Saturday and possibly staying there till a ride comes by on Sunday if thats alright.

Super-eager, I need some practice before FC.

Big_R

Smash Champion
^^^You have obviously never met CoK if that decision is so easy.^^^

So when will the most people be there at one time. I don't want to come on Friday and find out everyone was going on Saturday or something. I can't be spending nights over at people's houses and whatnot. I mean I can, I just don't want to.

So I say the most people should be there Saturday afternoon-evening? Good plan?

mathos

Smash Champion
I'll be there Friday night till about midnight or 1 and go back to my place.

Then I'll wait up do some chores and back to Rye's for smash and d2.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll be bringing Jiano and OS, unless OS decides to be an ***.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
^^^You have obviously never met CoK if that decision is so easy.^^^

So when will the most people be there at one time. I don't want to come on Friday and find out everyone was going on Saturday or something. I can't be spending nights over at people's houses and whatnot. I mean I can, I just don't want to.

So I say the most people should be there Saturday afternoon-evening? Good plan?
From what I understand, Saturday afternoon-evening is the best time - some people will come earlier and leave just afterwards, while others will come just before and leave later. Seems to be the most overlapping part.

Also, if I can make it, that'll be when I'm there; it's clearly the most important part.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
actually, the cincy folks will be coming on saturday. Walk in the doors friday and you'll get a face full of CoK. If that's what you want, then come on friday. I'm to assume the REAL festivities will begin saturday.

Hell I might even arrange some free tournies and crew battles when cincy gets in.

@-Cincy guys - Is the above true? are you getting in town on saturday or late friday? Am I going to have to have to post you guys up for the night?

@Jiano - I think all of cok is coming. There are no tournies going on and mathos is in charge of contacting them to let them know.

Sliq

Smash Master
We were thinking about coming late Friday, if that's fine with you. Jiano doesn't want to leave around rush hour, so we will probably leave around 6 or 7 and get there at 8 or 9.

If you can't handle the awesomeness that is Cincinnati on Friday, it shouldn't be a big deal coming early Saturday.

I had planned on playing until Rye wants to call it a day.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
I had planned on playing until Rye wants to call it a day.
That's a dangerous thing, sir. We can smash until monday morning when I leave for work for all I care. I guarantee you'll get your fill.

As for friday, I can go either way. If you would rather come and romantically smash the night away, I can dig.

Again, If you guys have snack/soda preference, let me know. I will do my best to provide.

Kel

Smash Master
Okay, so I wanna go but I work 10-6 both Friday and Saturday. I can come up and get there around 7:30 Saturday if there will be people to play. I especially want to play Joe and Drephen because I need some ganon + top-tier sheik practice. Is it worth it to come?

Top Bottom