• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey, are any folks here from COMO? I've got a bunch of friends up there that still like to play... some of them are good. I make my way up there now and then and wouldn't mind a friendly match or a tournament now and then. New to smashboards, so I'm just trying to get a feel for the network around MO. Thanks.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Sinister and Leviathan live here, who are two of the top 5 players in the state.

Akuma is also really good but I don't think he plays anymore :( Kellen was getting good, and I think he quit too. Does the Seraph live in CoMo?

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
don't count leviathan. he doesn't play. but if you're actually willing to come here and play let me know. i'm down.

as for two of the top five players...well....no comment.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Sinister and Leviathan live here, who are two of the top 5 players in the state.

Akuma is also really good but I don't think he plays anymore :( Kellen was getting good, and I think he quit too. Does the Seraph live in CoMo?
I wasn't even mentioned in this comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such disrespect from Springfield lately.

It's okay though Ziv. I still love you like a love song. <3

Roux

Smash Journeyman
@Sinister: May 18th, Saturday, I'm participating in a semi-amatuerish crew battle. The challenging crew is amateurs (no offense Kahoka guys, if you read this is all part of the trash talk), and our crew is pretty good. It will be somewhere in COMO, wherever that guy's house is. If you'd like to come by, it will be late afternoon into the evening. There will be moderate drinking by most and heavy drinking by a few. The crew battle won't take long, and we'll just be doing friendlies after that's settled... they'll probably demand a rematch though. Hopefully 2-3 systems set up. If you're interested, send me a private message then I'll exchange contact info, etc. If you're on facebook I can invite you to the event page.

Sorry not to invite all... we've already got 13 coming to this small apartment.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I was under the impression you lived in Washington. Isn't that Saint Louis area?

:phone:
Once a CoMO smasher. Always a CoMO smasher. Besides, ever since I left Columbia, the smash scene there is almost non-existent. If it weren't for Sinister and I there WOULDN'T be a CoMO crew. Jared claimed he was going to start hosting tournaments in Columbia, but since then, he has NO interest in smash. And I honestly just don't think Leviathan can ever take losing which is why he doesn't smash anymore. Sam1 was never actually ever interested in getting good and going to tournaments. And Kellen I just don't know about since he moved.

But yes, Washington is StL region. I was just busting your chops man.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, I might be one of the founding fathers of melee in COMO. Well that's an overstatement, but I did start up tournaments there in 2004, and it seemed like others started picking up that torch before I left. We might actually know each other. That would be funny.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Hey man, I might be one of the founding fathers of melee in COMO. Well that's an overstatement, but I did start up tournaments there in 2004, and it seemed like others started picking up that torch before I left. We might actually know each other. That would be funny.

This is true.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace

well i started playing casually in like 2009 and learned the advanced techniques soon after. so unless you were here at that time...

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys... after being destroyed by DarkAtma last night, him and his friends showed me the glory of Project M. I am in love with Bowser.

And a funny story: DarkAtma realized that we have been going to the same church for the past 4 years. So we've seen each other around for 4 years, but I had no clue that one of the best smashers in the midwest was right under my nose!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
That's cool. Atma is REALLY good. He had a high placing at Genesis 2, and beat several good players. He's legit.

Also yes, Bowser is pretty OP. I main Charizard in p:m though. He's a dragon. What more could you want?

Terry

Smash Ace
Hey guys... after being destroyed by DarkAtma last night, him and his friends showed me the glory of Project M. I am in love with Bowser.

And a funny story: DarkAtma realized that we have been going to the same church for the past 4 years. So we've seen each other around for 4 years, but I had no clue that one of the best smashers in the midwest was right under my nose!
lol

And yes P:M is soooo fun :D

darkatma

Smash Hero
Once a CoMO smasher. Always a CoMO smasher. Besides, ever since I left Columbia, the smash scene there is almost non-existent. If it weren't for Sinister and I there WOULDN'T be a CoMO crew. Jared claimed he was going to start hosting tournaments in Columbia, but since then, he has NO interest in smash. And I honestly just don't think Leviathan can ever take losing which is why he doesn't smash anymore. Sam1 was never actually ever interested in getting good and going to tournaments. And Kellen I just don't know about since he moved.

But yes, Washington is StL region. I was just busting your chops man.
Hey are you doing okay?

You should come to Stl sometime, maybe we could arrange a big smashfest and have everyone over for a whole day lol.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Hey are you doing okay?

You should come to Stl sometime, maybe we could arrange a big smashfest and have everyone over for a whole day lol.
Oh I'm hanging in there lol. Nothing really seems to be going "right", but I'm taking it a day at a time. I swear once I get my transplant, I'm not going to know what to do with myself haha. Thank you for asking Binyan. Means a lot man.

And I am always down to smash. Most of this week would actually work out very well for smashing, so just let me know. 636-667-2499 is my number.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Dang, this COMO thread is not too active. I should get those Kahoka guys involved here.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Glad to see this thread up at the top again lol. But yea Strong Bad doesn't do a good job of keeping this active ever since I transferred thread ownership over to him. =\

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Gotchya. Are there any STL metro area discussion boards for melee? I found one, but it seems to be mostly brawl cuz everyone ignored my melee comments and talked about brawl. The only melee MO ones I know are Como/rolla and Springfield.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea the StL discussion thread is mainly only Brawl players unfortunately. I think the StL melee guys just keep in touch via Facebook and texting. Its dumb though since ZigZag was a melee player and he was the one who started the thread (don't know if he still plays). Oh well.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we could make a St Charles/eureka/affton/Belleville area melee exclusive discussion thread.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Ziv, I thought I heard from someone that you have kids or a family or something. Thinking about starting a thread asking how old folks like me manage to responsibly play smash and still have a family or a career or exercise or whatever. Smashaholics anonymous.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ziv, I thought I heard from someone that you have kids or a family or something. Thinking about starting a thread asking how old folks like me manage to responsibly play smash and still have a family or a career or exercise or whatever. Smashaholics anonymous.

It's true. I have a wife, two kids, a full time job, and I also play other games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I can stay steady in smash by playing once a week.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
It's true. I have a wife, two kids, a full time job, and I also play other games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I can stay steady in smash by playing once a week.

man i ain't got **** on dat. unless you count my 4 ex-wives, 3 abortions, and my welfare check. but at least i play smash.:psycho:

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I've got 2 kids too, a 3yo and a 1yo, both boys. Do you intentionally limit it to once per week? I don't play any other video games, but I should be spending most of my spare time writing and recording music. I know most wives aren't particularly supportive of video games, but I think as long as I keep it balanced and do what I say, me and her will be cool. Is it tough for you, or is she pretty easy going about it?

Top Bottom