• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I texted Tim earlier today because I forgot what was all in a McGangbang, but I have two Tims in my phone, so I texted the wrong Tim. He was confused. Pretty lulzy.

Now tell me what's in a McGangbang real Tim!

Bees!

Smash Ace
I texted Tim earlier today because I forgot what was all in a McGangbang, but I have two Tims in my phone, so I texted the wrong Tim. He was confused. Pretty lulzy.

Now tell me what's in a McGangbang real Tim!
Misserrr Tim no here!

I can help!
Order 1 Mcdouble with Big Mac sauce.
1 spicy McChicken

Step 1: Dissect the burger in two so you have one bun one patty on each side.
Step 2: Insert Spicy McChicken onto one of the halves of the Mcdouble.
Step 3: Replace the other half of the Mcdouble over the Spicy mcChicken and there you have it!

Enjoy!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well in any event, if the community wants us to throw tournaments for smash, ect. Some one reliable get with us and help us to set everything up.
I think Peter (Underload) is prolly the best you'll get for right now. A good deal of our scene is getting sick of venue fees costing half the tournament/dealing with other games/no respekk from some 2/3df players.

That and we bring our own set-ups to pretty much every tournament. All we're doing is throwing money @ EFL/NVGA.

Gamer organizations are good for a change of pace, but as long as the Smash series is bein' used just to keep the organizations afloat, it's no bueno.

I'll teach Peter/whoever you guys sign up how to host tournaments, deal with people, and all that, but I prolly won't be running very many non-grassroots tournaments for a while. Partially due to wanting us to have regular tournaments that everyone can afford, partially because Smash being the only series to bring full set-ups to most venues while also bringing in the most revenue is a little silly, but mainly cuz if Imma be doing EXTREEEEEEEEEEME CAMPING, I dunno how reliable I'll be considered.

So is light in colorado for some reason
I don't have cash for this weekend's tournament
You should host a smashfest on Sat/Sun (maybe Sunday, soz we dun steal EFL bidness, but Sat would be tight cuz then we could do an all-nighter), and we should invite Light. Two birds with one stone.

Steam

Smash Hero
I hope I never ever have to play peach again. Because the next peach I play will be Meno and he'll be looking to **** me D=

Steam

Smash Hero
No I'm not, I'm really bummed about it too because I can't go to the other tourney either... and i have no idea when the next tourney after that is D:

Underload

Lazy
I want to start getting names for people who can show up to EFL this weekend. If people (mostly applies to Melee guys, but I've heard some stories from Brawl people too) are having financial problems, I can bring entry down to only like $5. That is, if you want.

Again, I WANT TO START GETTING NAMES FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN SHOW UP TO EFL THIS WEEKEND. All I need is a "yeah, I'm down" or something from people.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I would enjoy paying less money for your tournament Underload. :D

Yaaay for Flux.

Oh and Dylan, you're SD card isn't ruined. Also good **** against Affin. @___@

I'm realizing you need to tell me all these item tricks. Also, tell me exactly how invinci-bombing works, and how good of an option is. Also, where's your big post...?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I want to start getting names for people who can show up to EFL this weekend. If people (mostly applies to Melee guys, but I've heard some stories from Brawl people too) are having financial problems, I can bring entry down to only like $5. That is, if you want.

Again, I WANT TO START GETTING NAMES FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN SHOW UP TO EFL THIS WEEKEND. All I need is a "yeah, I'm down" or something from people.
"Yeah, I'm down." (if I can get transportation)

Halfro

Smash Rookie
I think Peter (Underload) is prolly the best you'll get for right now. A good deal of our scene is getting sick of venue fees costing half the tournament/dealing with other games/no respekk from some 2/3df players.

That and we bring our own set-ups to pretty much every tournament. All we're doing is throwing money @ EFL/NVGA.

Gamer organizations are good for a change of pace, but as long as the Smash series is bein' used just to keep the organizations afloat, it's no bueno.

I'll teach Peter/whoever you guys sign up how to host tournaments, deal with people, and all that, but I prolly won't be running very many non-grassroots tournaments for a while. Partially due to wanting us to have regular tournaments that everyone can afford, partially because Smash being the only series to bring full set-ups to most venues while also bringing in the most revenue is a little silly, but mainly cuz if Imma be doing EXTREEEEEEEEEEME CAMPING, I dunno how reliable I'll be considered.
I actually agree with you. As I was telling Tim, we were interested in getting a few real smash tournaments under our belts and including it as regular part of the tournament schedule. With a few decent to good tournaments, we could have most of everything needed to run smash peacefully along with the rest of the tournaments. We have access to 1 wii + smash right now. There are cords to run smash on the monitors we currently play on for relatively cheap. With the added "revenue" (if you want to call it that when no one but the community is reaping the benefits), we could have 2 -3 extra set ups with brawl. This is still a "by the community - for the community effort".

Our venues/tournament fees haven't changed in at least a year. $10/$10 is our standard and there isn't any reason to change it until we aren't able to afford x venue or whatever the case may be. Sticking the players for profit is ... well insert whatever you like here about it. We don't use any one community to keep the organization afloat cause we really aren't worried about anything beyond the event at hand. As long as we, Starters/organizers, of the EFL aren't LOSING money for venues, then all is well. I would be lying if I said the added money wouldn't benefit the EFL but, the EFL = most of the fighting game community in Colorado. All of our resources pulled together helps EVERYONE apart of the league. If we ever decide to take another route, we will be sure to let the players know what is going on and you can choose to support the EFL still or not.

But yeah, if you guys want a "home" in the EFL, lets get it up and going. :chuckle:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJVFu---BY

God this brings back nice memories. I can't believe none of you guys have ever met or played Max, or Kenji. He actually was quite legitimate. Remember this was a while ago.

Watching this makes me kinda wonder, "Has my Toon Link even gotten better?" I know I'm obviously better now, but they seem so similar...and my Tink was MUCH better then for the time...IDK.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I agree that for the first efl smash tourney, we should do a $5 pot. It saves us some money for food, and might entice some of the other players to try smash, and see if they enjoy it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuJVFu---BY

God this brings back nice memories. I can't believe none of you guys have ever met or played Max, or Kenji. He actually was quite legitimate. Remember this was a while ago.

Watching this makes me kinda wonder, "Has my Toon Link even gotten better?" I know I'm obviously better now, but they seem so similar...and my Tink was MUCH better then for the time...IDK.
Whatever happened to Max and Kenji?(same person?)?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
He's in college and I never see him, though he just goes to CU.

He used to rage pretty hard, but he was a good guy. I hope I can get him back.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
OH, and people really should post over on efl. There's a smash section that could use some love. I used to write some guides over there when I was bored. Tell me what needs updatings =D

Bees!

Smash Ace
OH, and people really should post over on efl. There's a smash section that could use some love. I used to write some guides over there when I was bored. Tell me what needs updatings =D

I just made an account over there. Also the old Tier list made me sad. ROB used to be top tier *sigh

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind a lower fee. Even if I was winning tournaments, I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it for the fun, so a smaller pot wouldn't get to me.

But I don't win tourneys, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Misserrr Tim no here!

I can help!
Order 1 Mcdouble with Big Mac sauce.
1 spicy McChicken

Step 1: Dissect the burger in two so you have one bun one patty on each side.
Step 2: Insert Spicy McChicken onto one of the halves of the Mcdouble.
Step 3: Replace the other half of the Mcdouble over the Spicy mcChicken and there you have it!

Enjoy!
Forever engraving this into my brain.

I'm moving back forever in May.

Lol
I am so happy right now!

Oh and Dylan, you're SD card isn't ruined.
/rage

Top Bottom